Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

big draw back happened for me last night i enabled the MSR changing 0x1 to 0x0 and have success with nvram working however i followed the instructions and removed the EmuVariableUefi in /drivers/uefi folder in 5098 clover build. by removing this it effected the two files in the same folder which are super critical to memory booting sequence which are...
  • OcQuirks-4.efi
  • FwRuntimeServes.efi
this caused my system to become unstable and consistently reboot when the apple logo appears. this in my case defeats enabling msr for nvram to work because if you need the EmuVariableUefi to work with OcQuirks-4.efi and FwRuntimeServes.efi. adding the emuvariableuefi file back will recreate the rc scripts or reach out looking for the missing files in /etc. i would like to remove the emuvariableuefi file and have the new patchs that are recommended to work over the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 memory fix.

as of this post i had to resort back to adding the unreliable OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 file and remove the OcQuirks-4.efi and FwRuntimeServes.efi files for now. has anyone else besides @CaseySJ tried this method and removed the EmuVariableUefi file and have the OcQuirks-4.efi and FwRuntimeServes.efi files in drivers/uefi folder? i hope i'm not the only one with this issue thanks for the help !

see this post for replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv

You use the "old" version of Quirks. Here are my folders for "driver" and "kext". SMBIOS is iMacPro1,1.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-17 um 12.12.52.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-17 um 12.09.33.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-17 um 12.09.20.png

Attachments

• Other.zip
    465.7 KB · Views: 44
  • UEFI.zip
    84.8 KB · Views: 62
---8<----
CMOS Reset, however, may or may not re-lock MSR 0xE2. I haven't tested it myself so I cannot say for sure.

It certainly does on my machine - every time!

It certainly does on my machine - every time!
Thanks for testing it. That is a bit of a bummer, but CMOS Reset should be done very sparingly.

@CaseySJ Any thoughts? Sorry to bother again!
Yes, let's get back to this problem. Please have a look at these errors:
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.22.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.22.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.23.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.23.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.23.44 AM.png

And the final errors are:
  • Failed to generate prelinked kernel
  • Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.23.58 AM.png

I think the best thing to do is to reinstall macOS and do not use Migration Assistant. When macOS is installed, perform the post-installation process and check that everything is normal. Then make a full bootable backup.

Once the backup is made, set it aside and then begin to install your applications one by one. You may copy your Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and other user folders easily by dragging-and-dropping from the old hard drive.

I think the best thing to do is to reinstall macOS and do not use Migration Assistant. When macOS is installed, perform the post-installation process and check that everything is normal. Then make a full bootable backup.
Over my years of hackintoshing, I have tried Migration Assistant twice. Both times, despite Apple's claims to the contrary, MA moved old system files into my newly installed system. Why did I try it twice? I believed the claims that there was no chance of MA changing system folders so I assumed the first time was a fluke. but after a second occurrence out of two tries I will never use MA again to transfer system files. I have used it successfully to transfer Applications and user files.

Over my years of hackintoshing, I have tried Migration Assistant twice. Both times, despite Apple's claims to the contrary, MA moved old system files into my newly installed system. Why did I try it twice? I believed the claims that there was no chance of MA changing system folders so I assumed the first time was a fluke. but after a second occurrence out of two tries I will never use MA again to transfer system files. I have used it successfully to transfer Applications and user files.
I've successfully used MA before. (I've not tried it with my Catalina test installations, though.) You have to uncheck "Other Files".

Hello,
Thanks again, I’ll try this this evening, line6helix is for my helix stomp but ok, we’ll see. If I want to stick to the fake series, I only have the SmcHelper-64.efi driver, that I removed when I switched over to clover 5.1.0.3 and removed the drivers64 folder, can I use that one or is there a SmcHelper.efi file available?

Best regards

Hi,

Well, I removed the two files and the Fakefiles, reinstalled the VirtualSMC files and run kext utility, again the boot process stopped but with different message. Again I had a lot of trouble getting my backup disc to load a system and after rebooting the BIOS screen didn't show or I couldn't press a key to select a boot device, but at some point iI got it working.

1. What does this message mean, see attachement?

2. Since it is difficult to find out what the problem is, I can stick to FakeSMC etc, but then I need SMCHelper.efi
I guess, I only have SMCHelper-64 that I removed together with the drivers64 folder when I updated Clover to 5.1.0.3, so where can I get SMCHelper.efi because now I have a mismatch, VirtualSMC.kext + SMCProcess.kext + SMCSuperIO.kext in Other and VirtualSMC.efi in drivers and FakeSMC.kext and FakeSMC_xxxSensors.kext in L/E.

3. On the other hand I have a lot of data coming in both HWMonitor and HWMonitorSMC2, see attachments, the only 'problem' I have that I don't have the fan speeds available of the casing and processor and cpu data in HWMonitorSMC2. I don't know how this works but my impression was that you needed VirtualSMC to get data in HWMonitorSMC2, if that is the case how can I have data in HWMonitorSMC2 if VirtualSMC is not implemented correctly? I have mismatch but I can boot and get most of the data?!? And I don't have SMCHelper.efi installed but VirtualSMC.efi?!

Best regards

Attachments

• IMG_6415.JPG
    IMG_6415.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6418.JPG
    IMG_6418.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6417.JPG
    IMG_6417.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
Hi Casey,

I've read on some TonyMacx86 forum that one should either run kexts from EFI or from L/E but not from both. The exception being the lone (Virtual)SMC kext in EFI if one is running kexts from L/E. But maybe it's okay to have both as long as your Clover is set to Detect rather than Yes. I run the hack-build kexts only from the EFI:

View attachment 450245

Hello jiffyslot, is this for Mojave or Catalina? My setting under Mojave is Detect, so you put your kext files only in the clover kexts folder with the setting is Yes, so no doubling? I've read that that is possible with Catalina.

Best regards

Back