Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Oops, both your files have the same content. I have /System/Library/Extensions, but not /Library/Extensions.
My bad! Here is the proper Library Extensions! and the SLE again. Really appreciate all of your help!

Attachments

• le2.txt
    629 bytes · Views: 105
  • sle.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
In order to avoid exceeding macOS 15 USB-port limit, we have intentionally disabled USB 2.0 protocol on:
  • Thunderbolt/USB-C port 1
  • Thunderbolt/USB-C port 2
You may, however, use any Lightning-to-USB-A cable because all USB-A ports support USB 2.0.

Not necessarily - The port limit relates per controller and not for total of 15 Ports.

Not necessarily - The port limit relates per controller and not for total of 15 Ports.
Generally speaking that is correct, but specifically speaking the limit on this motherboard is 15 as there is only one USB controller (XHC2 on Titan Ridge does not count).

Yeah, I've been considering the RX-580. It's just a huge step down in performance from the Nvidia 1080 FTW2 I replaced with the FX 5700 XT. I'm wondering if a Vega-64 will be less of a performance hit? I'm just worried about encountering stability issues with one.

Vega 64 and RX 580 work well in Hackintosh

Just built a i7 2600k Sandy Bridge Hack out of some old bits I had laying around, wanted to use Nvidia graphics so installed Hi Sierra, all works good.

Hmm tried to search this big tread but unlucky to find what I have so just going to ask.

I have RX 580 and everything is working fine sometimes after sleep wake up HDMI monitor is not turning on like I see it got waken up but says no signal. When I have to disconnect HDMI for few secs and plug it back in then it works. Maybe someone knows a fix for this?

The two suspicious kexts seems to be:
  • RDUSB01D8Dev.kext
  • L6Helix.kext
Remember that switching to VirtualSMC is not necessary. But if you are still curious, you may try removing both of the above kexts (then run Kext Utility) and try booting the system. In other words, it becomes an exercise in Process of Elimination.
Hello,
Thanks again, I’ll try this this evening, line6helix is for my helix stomp but ok, we’ll see. If I want to stick to the fake series, I only have the SmcHelper-64.efi driver, that I removed when I switched over to clover 5.1.0.3 and removed the drivers64 folder, can I use that one or is there a SmcHelper.efi file available?

Best regards

I have RX 580 and everything is working fine sometimes after sleep wake up hdmi monitor is not turning on like I see it got waken up but says no signal. When I have to disconnect hdmi for few secs and plug it back in then it works. Maybe someone knows a fix for this?

Okay managed to get this fixed by editing: AMD9500Controller.kext and making CFG_USE_AGDC to false!

Back