Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I just got my Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter, and I can confirm that the Areca ARC-5026 works with this adapter.

Yes the boot drive is in the M2P slot.
I’ll try re-connecting the DVD Drive first

connected DVD > sleeps
+
connected 850 > sleeps
+
connected Roon > no sleep - removed
+
connected BU2 > sleeps
+
connected Music 1 > sleeps

so Roon the problem.
Connected 2 other drives in place of Roon and slept with both.

What does this tell us?

connected DVD > sleeps
+
connected 850 > sleeps
+
connected Roon > no sleep - removed
+
connected BU2 > sleeps
+
connected Music 1 > sleeps

so Roon the problem.
Connected 2 other drives in place of Roon and slept with both.

What does this tell us?
Are you running the Roon Server on this system? If so, maybe it’s that application that’s keeping the Roon data drive active at all times?

To test this theory, reconnect the Roon SATA drive, but quit the Roon Server app. You may have to do this from “Activity Monitor”.

Hey, my system is running perfectly smooth without one exeption. I just gut my Fenvi-T919 Wireless Adapter. WiFi gets recognized straight away. Only thing that's not showing is Bluetooth. I checked the Devices, and, under Bluetooth, it says no device found. Which is important, I installed it 1 month after installing. So maybe I did something that has been necessary during installation.

Also, only the USB3.0 Ports of my Fractal Design R6 Case are working properly. Maybe it has something to do with that? i installed the card and also connected the wire to the front USB header on the Motherboard. @CaseySJ Do you know any help?

EDIT

Okay, I think its because the USB2.0 Header is deactivated. Is there a way to check that? Also, can I add the LG LCD Monitor|LG|32UL950-W to the Components List? It's working 100%
Yes it could be problem with USB configuration. Please do two things:
  • Post a screenshot of the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder from EFI partition of Mojave SSD.
  • Download and run IORegistryExplorer then select File —> Save As... and upload the saved file.

Are you running the Roon Server on this system? If so, maybe it’s that application that’s keeping the Roon data drive active at all times?

To test this theory, reconnect the Roon SATA drive, but quit the Roon Server app. You may have to do this from “Activity Monitor”.

ROON server is running ROCK on a NUC (ridiculous sentence) in another room so...
Haven’t managed to get ROON to back up on another drive yet. It was set to back up every two days...

Last edited:
@CaseySJ I was trying to reintal and suddenly the installation stops after showing Start UncompressKernelCache Do you want to send me some pictusre. Thanks for your fast response btw.

@CaseySJ I was trying to reintal and suddenly the installation stops after showing Start UncompressKernelCache Do you want to send me some pictusre. Thanks for your fast response btw.
This might require a soft CMOS reset as follows: Shutdown system and remove power cable from wall (or flip power supply switch to OFF position) for 10 seconds.

ROON server is running ROCK on a NUC (ridiculous sentence) in another room so...
Haven’t managed to get ROON to back up on another drive yet. It was set to back up every two days...
If the ROCK NUC is connecting to the Roon disk on the Hackintosh via network, then it may be interfering with sleep. On the ROCK NUC itself, it may be necessary to disable this feature.

Because I don’t have Roon, I’m not able to offer much help. You may want to try and reproduce this on a real Mac and/or report the issue to Roon tech support. If the purpose of the Roon disk on Hackintosh is to create a backup, can the disk be direct-connected to the NUC (it may need to be reformatted to a supported Linux format)?

If the ROCK NUC is connecting to the Roon disk on the Hackintosh via network, then it may be interfering with sleep. On the ROCK NUC itself, it may be necessary to disable this feature.

Because I don’t have Roon, I’m not able to offer much help. You may want to try and reproduce this on a real Mac and/or report the issue to Roon tech support. If the purpose of the Roon disk on Hackintosh is to create a backup, can the disk be direct-connected to the NUC (it may need to be reformatted to a supported Linux format)?
Probably you have figured it. I have put a USB key on the NUC and pointed the back-up there. No more back up on this computer for ROON.

I have a Lacie d2 Thunderbolt 2 4TB external drive, and it's causing my hack to freeze when attempting to read any files from it. Is there a proper way to diagnose what's going on? It scares me when everything freezes and I have to restart.

Tried hooking up the same drive through its USB 3.0 port into the hack and it's working great without any freezes. Could it be because the Designare's TB ports show up as internal? When using the d2 through USB 3.0, the drive shows up as external.

Last edited:
Back