Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Ah, I see (I don't typically use Safari or watch Netflix on the computer).

Using Safari I got: Error Code: S7363-1260-FFFFD089

View attachment 423581
Exactly! By chance do you buy or rent content through iTunes? That’s actually the thing I’m most interested in.

If it were just me, I wouldn’t care as much, but this will be used by other members of the family.

I think the correlation to the kext patch may be coincidental rather than causal. In other words, perhaps rebooting the system or powering it down (and perhaps pulling out power cable) was the only thing necessary. We can test this by removing the patch and checking whether WiFi and BT are still activated.

Regarding the front panel USB 2 ports, we can solve this problem by using either a 2-port or 4-port internal 9-pin USB splitter:
Internal USB devices (such as the Bluetooth module) can be connected to one port, and external USB devices can be connected to the other port(s). To ensure proper sleep/wake behavior, we would need to set HS11 and HS12 to either Type 255 (internal) or Type 0 (external).

If you decide to use one of these splitters, simply connect internal devices and at least one external device, run IORegistryExplorer and upload the IOReg dump (File --> Save As...). I can modify the Fractal Design USB SSDT accordingly (or if you feel like doing a little hacking, you may modify the file yourself).
I went ahead and removed the patch and rebooted. Bluetooth is working still, so I'm a bit stumped, but pleased. I tried multiple reboots/reseating the card and USB connector when troubleshooting initially, and it only started working after applying that patch. Still could be coincidence...

I think the correlation to the kext patch may be coincidental rather than causal. In other words, perhaps rebooting the system or powering it down (and perhaps pulling out power cable) was the only thing necessary. We can test this by removing the patch and checking whether WiFi and BT are still activated.

Regarding the front panel USB 2 ports, we can solve this problem by using either a 2-port or 4-port internal 9-pin USB splitter:
Internal USB devices (such as the Bluetooth module) can be connected to one port, and external USB devices can be connected to the other port(s). To ensure proper sleep/wake behavior, we would need to set HS11 and HS12 to either Type 255 (internal) or Type 0 (external).

If you decide to use one of these splitters, simply connect internal devices and at least one external device, run IORegistryExplorer and upload the IOReg dump (File --> Save As...). I can modify the Fractal Design USB SSDT accordingly (or if you feel like doing a little hacking, you may modify the file yourself).

Turns out I need a splitter. Connecting that to the F_USB header requires SSDT changes? I have the Lian Li Dynamic PC-011 case, and an AiO cooler currently connected. I just installed the Fenvi (which worked out box)

Do the splitters add a USB port, create a “hub” shared scenario, etc?

Exactly! By chance do you buy or rent content through iTunes? That’s actually the thing I’m most interested in.

If it were just me, I wouldn’t care as much, but this will be used by other members of the family.
I just rented a 99 cent movie and it worked fine, smooth playback (can't take a screenshot, probably due to DRM).
Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 12.21.38 AM.png

As for the USB header, it looks like there are two ports in that 9 pin cable, where as the splitters are all 4 wire.

s-l1600.jpg

This one looks like it splits the two from the head into 4, like what CaseySJ posted. I wonder one connector could plug into the Fenvi T919 and use the other as a hub for the two front panel 2.0 ports.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I just rented a 99 cent movie and it worked fine, smooth playback (can't take a screenshot, probably due to DRM).
View attachment 423588

As for the USB header, it looks like there are two ports in that 9 pin cable, where as the splitters are all 4 wire.

s-l1600.jpg

This one looks like it splits the two from the head into 4, like what CaseySJ posted. I wonder one connector could plug into the Fenvi T919 and use the other as a hub for the two front panel 2.0 ports.

s-l1600.jpg
As for the splitter, it’s got to be more complex than that. If it were a simple breakout board, there wouldn’t be a need for the circuitry.

As for the splitter, it’s got to be more complex than that. If it were a simple breakout board, there wouldn’t be a need for the circuitry.
They are using 1 four pin USB connection for the 2 ports in the splitter, so they require hub circuitry. Each row on the motherboard header should be a USB port (two ports on the header). The front panel ports may even only use four of the pins, would need to confirm.

see:
I was thinking of that as well. This diagram is for another member, but it shows where the DATA, Power, and GND pins are located. You can certainly connect both CPU cooler and PCIe card to the same USB header using 8 pins.

Each row is one USB port. So CPU cooler might use the top 4 pins. And PCIe card might use the bottom 4 pins. (Or vice-versa.)

View attachment 383365

@CaseySJ have you checked your USB ports for F_USB? With the splitter, I suspect only HS11 or HS12 is used, not both. Unless I don’t understand how the splitter works. I only see one set of wires connecting to the header, which tells me that we have an unused internal USB port. If this is true, then we can likely turn on one more external port and stay in the limit by killing the second internal one!

Either way, I’ll pickup the two port version unless I find a cable that makes use of both headers.

They are using 1 four pin USB connection for the 2 ports in the splitter, so they require hub circuitry. Each row on the motherboard header should be a USB port (two ports on the header). The front panel ports may even only use four of the pins, would need to confirm.

see:
Indeed! That tells me we could free up another port in the SSDT for external usage!

Back