Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ
I have a sleep problem.
I go to sleep, the monitor goes off then to energy saving mode.
The fans continue to run, the lights stay on. Comes back no probs.
Is it really sleeping?
It is in FCPX mode, 19.1, no darkwake although I tried darkwake=0

What should I check?

Cheers
Unfortunately it's not sleeping. Please have a look at the spoiler Fixing Auto Sleep here:
Do you have a Corsair power supply with USB connection? Or a Corsair CPU cooler with USB connection?

Thanks again for this awesome guide and all the help. Just did a fresh install on my new Designare board and it's running very smooth and fast.

One thing I was confused about is the WiFi and Bluetooth card. Can the factory one just be swapped out with an Apple card? Or do you have to use a PCIe style one? Wanted some clarification on that. Appreciate everything!
The preinstalled Intel CNVi module works perfectly under Windows 10. And for various reasons mentioned in this post, I don't think we can replace that module with a Mac-compatible module. So the Fenvi PCIe card is our best choice.

Unfortunately it's not sleeping. Please have a look at the spoiler Fixing Auto Sleep here:
Do you have a Corsair power supply with USB connection? Or a Corsair CPU cooler with USB connection?
I did the fixing auto sleep thing. I have a Corsair PSU but no USB connection.
What should the energy saving settings be?

Last edited:
Interesting. Have they replaced it with a Broadcom-based module? Can you point us to any links?

The USB SSDT disables HS14 by default. My understanding of the CNVi is as follows:
  • The Intel Z390 chipset has built-in support for WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5. (Intel Wireless-AC 9560)
  • However, WiFi and BT are composed of two important halves:
    • The digital part of the circuit
    • The RF/Analog part of the circuit
  • The digital part of the circuit is built into the chipset itself.
  • The RF/Analog part of the circuit is contained in the CNVi module.
  • To make use of WiFi 5 and BT 5, the RF/Analog (CNVi) module must be installed.
Furthermore:
  • My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that the Socket 1 slot that contains the CNVi module is only capable of working with an Intel CNVi module. It is not a general-purpose slot.

Yes the standard V7 of the USB SSDT should work with the Loan Li PC011 because the ports you describe are the same as those on the Phantek Evolv X on which the SSDT is based.

Yes it does! Which is another reason we disable it by default.

Hi Casey, I have read conflicting reports on the need for having the WEG kext if you have a Vega 64. Running 10.4.6, do we need WEG if we have iGPU, Vega 64, and iMac19,1?

I’m running 10.4.6 with a Vega 64 (actually 2 Vegas but that really doesn’t matter). I have model set to iMacPro1,1 and the iGPU disabled in the BIOS. With this setup I‘ve been able to remove WEG.

How much longer? It won't be a huge problem for me either because I usually don't turn off my mac, only let it go to sleep.

Please let us know your findings! I'm extremely interested on this. I just need to hear from someone that the LG along with the Hackintosh works great.
Sorry, can't say for sure. I never even got to fixing sleep on Designare, as it's a full development daily driver which stays on at work hours. But it actually makes sense to get it working to compensate for boot times!

Hello, sorry about my English. I use Google translator. I helped two people put hackintosh on Z390 Designare, and twice ran into a problem: Thunderbolt disappeared from the BIOS settings. The TB board died. If it were once, you can assume a defective motherboard. Can you tell me what the reason might be? At a nearby forum read this:
At this point in the section Peripherals/Thunderbolt, use these settings:
IMPORTANT!! Do not change the settings inside the red square!! They could kill your PCI-TB card.

BIOS_TB_Settings.jpg

Could that be the reason?

Sorry, can't say for sure. I never even got to fixing sleep on Designare, as it's a full development daily driver which stays on at work hours. But it actually makes sense to get it working to compensate for boot times!
Actually, I'm not planning on using the Designare but the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi!. I need those 2 DP-in the Titan Ridge or Alpine Ridge offers, plus the Designare doesn't have the TB3 header that will give me cam, mic and USB hub from the monitor!

Last edited:
And could there be a double way to do that? Properties and SSDT from this forum. config.plist with Properties attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.3 KB · Views: 79
So... decided to upgrade my second build because this one has been working so well. But, the only Radeon VII I could find was the XFX Radeon VII instead of the ASUS (which works flawlessly) one. Everything is booting and stable except there is a very bad intermittent lag in the mouse. Everything I've read points to framebuffer patching, but has anyone else gone through this?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
Back