Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Mojave 10.14.6:

As usual, please make a full backup of existing system before attempting the in-place update from 10.14.5 to 10.14.6.

I wonder if this update supports AMD RX 5700 and RX 5700XT...

Hello @CaseySJ

Yes I have at least 3 backups here, you can not play.

Now as for the boards, I have the same curiosity, how can I verify this?

Any hint, so I see and put here, so far this 60%, Apple's servers are currently congested, despite having here a link fiber optic with 300 MB.

Now as for the boards, I have the same curiosity, how can I verify this?
No worries; we will find out soon enough!! :)

10.14.6 - Works fine ...
but the pink lines still linger at the system entrance.

Attachments

• Tela 1.jpg
    Tela 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 123
Pink lines on boot are fixed with WhateverGreen’s latest commit but you need to compile it yourself as its in BETA still. Next release should do it.

Pink lines on boot are fixed with WhateverGreen’s latest commit but you need to compile it yourself as its in BETA still. Next release should do it.

@Bond0va Great news...

I user version 1.30 ...

I do not know how to compile a beta to use. Is there somewhere you can read how to do it?

Hello everyone,

I'm brand new in the Hackintosh universe and as autonomous as I wanted to be I couldn't manage to succeed...
So I think i'm gonna need your help if you would be so kind...

My build is : Z390 Designare / I9900K / Radeon VII. In addition I've 2 NVMe disk of 500 go for OSX and Windows system, 2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TO for storage. My Bios is in Version 6. Before installing OSX, I installed Win10 on my M2M disk. My idea was then to install Mojave on the M2P slot as I saw it's important for dual booting.

I followed @CaseySJ 's wonderful guide really thoroughly. I downloaded Mojave 10.14.5, created a bootable USB disk, setup the bios, etc, etc. Everything went fine until Phase 1 installation of Mojave. It rebooted a first time, as planned, and phase 2 started. Then, everytime I tried, installation get stucked at 13 or 12 minutes.

I tried to change USB port several time, I unplugged everything attached to the motherboard except the keyboard. My screen is plugged by HMDI directly into the graphic card. Weirdly I can't manage to get my screen work when plugged into the motherboard's HDMI port (Maybe it's normal, but I don't really understand).
I even tried to install Mojave on a different disk than the NVMe. But still no success

I think I've pretty much summed up my situation, and I hope to find some help here.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: Sorry for my English, I'm not native as you already guess.
P.S. 2: Sorry in advance if this problem as been already solved.

Hello @RobotAboveAll,

Have you seen NOTE 5:
80B35B3E-A4FF-443B-B1CC-7C1B4D142D10.jpeg

Because you installed Windows already, you are in a good position to update the firmware on the two EVO Plus SSDs. You must use Samsung’s “Magician” software from the Samsung website.

Bloody hell, what a guide. Great job Casey!

However, even when I follow your steps I’m still stuck on begging- pls see attached. My spec: MSI z390, i7 9700K, R9 270x, 256GB SSD.

Is there any hope?

Attachments

• 0F989809-5B51-4417-864D-DCAE8FDFB391.jpeg
    0F989809-5B51-4417-864D-DCAE8FDFB391.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 67
Hello @CaseySJ

After I upgraded to F7 BIOS, this happens in Clover's initial, 2 Windows icons, the first is correct, the right one I tried to remove without success.
Do you have any idea ?

Attachments

• IMG_7849.jpg
    IMG_7849.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 88
Bloody hell, what a guide. Great job Casey!

However, even when I follow your steps I’m still stuck on begging- pls see attached. My spec: MSI z390, i7 9700K, R9 270x, 256GB SSD.

Is there any hope?
Hello @Pete141,

Every motherboard has its own quirks. Here are some suggestions:
  • If you have EVO Plus SSD, first step is to update its firmware through Windows.
  • Have you searched for MSI Z390 build guide or build experience threads?
  • You may need to install a certain version of the BIOS or add some ACPI fixes based on those threads.
  • The details in this build guide may not be sufficient for the MSI Z390 so it’s highly advisable to search for multiple threads.
  • I am not sure how compatible the AMD R9 270x will be with Mojave. It is also advisable to use latest-generation components with latest generation motherboards and CPUs.

Back