Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ,

I just gave it another read and was thinking that technically based on your thought 'whole system' type backups from time machine get invalidated once Mojave is in place. They are still good, but just for cherry picking (files, folders, etc ..). I'm wondering how it would have been done on a real Mac, through Migration assistance only?
Typically, a Mac owner will perform an in-place upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave. This will obviate the need for any kind of migration, and all software licenses will continue to work.

But if High Sierra and Mojave are on two different disks, then we cannot restore from Time Machine backups. We have to use Migration Assistant or simply migrate our data and applications manually.

So another option is to clone the High Sierra system to a new disk and perform an in-place upgrade to Mojave on that disk.

Solved...

Make sure to install the ACPI version that does not require unloading the IOUSBHostHIDDevice. Here is the version I found that works with 10.14.3.

@CaseySJ you should amend the build guide accordingly for the handful that are liquid cooled. The caveat can be removed and there's no USB interrupts. I can post a more comprehensive guide here if that's helpful...

Thanks all!

Tom

Hi @tholstro

What ACPI version are you referring to?

Btw, massive thanks to @CaseySJ for helping me jumping to the hackintosh world!!! Your topic is my bible

Hey Everyone—

I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with the Broadcom card @CaseySJ recommends in his build for Mojave 10.14.5. I have the exact same setup in the build guide. Ever since upgrading to 10.14.5 I can't connect to any Bluetooth devices. The card is listed fine under Bluetooth and USB. If I connect the keyboard using lightning to USB is works fine. All my Kexts are up to date, I've tried resetting networking and resetting the Bluetooth module, etc.

Attaching my config file for reference. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you need further info to diagnose.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 60
Well, I'm back with another issue unrelated to the (seemingly) solved Nvidia driver issue. I've been searching the forums for answers but so far nothing I try has worked, so I figured maybe someone here might know.

I had been having very strange performance issues while working in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019. Everything would be running smoothly and then I'd open a new browser tab or plug in my iPhone (causing iTunes to launch) and suddenly Premiere would hang and eventually lock up. After investigating, I noticed that kernal_task has been hogging CPU, Memory, and writing large amounts to disk (close to 300GB on a normal day of usage).

So far, I've tried updating kexts, removing com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist (per another post in the forums), all to no avail. The memory usage seems to hover around 3GB until the system is idle for an extended period, then it jumps up sometimes nearing 30GB. At that point, I have no choice but to restart to restore any functionality with Premiere.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of behavior? Any insight or potential solution would be super helpful.

Thanks!

Hello! Congrats on the awesome build guide.

I have just one question: any tips for a similar build like this but with windows 10 dual boot?

I've had this a few times, but definitely not every time I start up. I haven't found the culprit but will report back if I do. Since I switched to the Fenvi card I have not experienced this issue, but I did not experience it enough to place blame on the other card. I don't really have any insight into what has caused this.

Just curious/a shot in the dark: do you use any Universal Audio devices? iLok dongles? Little Snitch?
Yes I am using a UAD Thunderbolt Satellite. iLok dongle, Steinberg dongle and Little Snitch. Why?

Actually... in thinking about it... maybe it happened after updating my kexts through Hackintool. I have two identical builds and now they're both exhibiting the same behavior. Which kext(s) have to do with Bluetooth?
Yes all my problems began after the 10.14.5 update too

Hey Everyone—

I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with the Broadcom card @CaseySJ recommends in his build for Mojave 10.14.5. I have the exact same setup in the build guide. Ever since upgrading to 10.14.5 I can't connect to any Bluetooth devices. The card is listed fine under Bluetooth and USB. If I connect the keyboard using lightning to USB is works fine. All my Kexts are up to date, I've tried resetting networking and resetting the Bluetooth module, etc.

Attaching my config file for reference. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you need further info to diagnose.
Hello @patrickhills,

Can you please post the following:
  • A link to the exact item that you purchased.
  • System Information --> Bluetooth page. You may blank out any personal information.
  • System Information --> Wi-Fi page. Again, blank out any personal information.
    Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 2.39.55 PM.png
  • Which kexts did you update with Hackintool? There are some debug/non-released kexts that should be avoided. If you copied or replaced kexts in /Library/Extensions, I recommend using Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache.

Last edited:
Back