Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I can not configure the internal HDMI output. I did all the steps. But in the last reboot I can not make the HDMI output work. Is there any way to revert it from the boot to be able to configure it correctly?
If you are unable to boot now (black screen or some other problem), then please do this:
  • Insert the USB Install Disk.
  • Reboot computer and press F12 at BIOS Splash Screen.
  • Select the USB Install Disk.
  • When Clover Boot Menu appears, choose "Boot macOS from Mojave".
  • Login.
  • Mount EFI partition of Mojave SSD.
  • Upload your config.plist file; I'll make the changes for you.

If you are unable to boot now (black screen or some other problem), then please do this:
  • Insert the USB Install Disk.
  • Reboot computer and press F12 at BIOS Splash Screen.
  • Select the USB Install Disk.
  • When Clover Boot Menu appears, choose "Boot macOS from Mojave".
  • Login.
  • Mount EFI partition of Mojave SSD.
  • Upload your config.plist file; I'll make the changes for you.
Here it is. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.3 KB · Views: 55
Can you also post screenshots of the following (per Post #5594 above):
  • System Information --> Bluetooth page. You may blank out any personal information.
  • System Information --> Wi-Fi page. Again, blank out any personal information.
  • CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder in the EFI partition of the Mojave SSD.

Here are those screenshots, but I am absolutely baffled on how to access the EFI partition in finder... I had to rename the 4 drives in my build just to keep my head on straight. When I go into the Mojave SSD (the M.2 drive with the OS, but not Home) I just see Applications, EFI-Backups, Library, System, Users.

After renaming the drives, I reset the home directory path in Users>Advanced Options and restart. Now the Mojave SSD (or OSX M2 in my case) is no longer listed in finder... Thoughts?

Attachments

• BT.png
    BT.png
    176.3 KB · Views: 59
  • WIFI.png
    WIFI.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 58
Here it is. Thank you so much.
Please try the attached file (rename to config.plist). However, please change SMBIOS from iMac19,2 to iMac19,1.

Attachments

• config-Fabrizzioa04.plist
    12 KB · Views: 58
Here are those screenshots, but I am absolutely baffled on how to access the EFI partition in finder... I had to rename the 4 drives in my build just to keep my head on straight. When I go into the Mojave SSD (the M.2 drive with the OS, but not Home) I just see Applications, EFI-Backups, Library, System, Users.

After renaming the drives, I reset the home directory path in Users>Advanced Options and restart. Now the Mojave SSD (or OSX M2 in my case) is no longer listed in finder... Thoughts?
In my case, "Connectable" is "Yes". But in your screenshot it's "No".

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 8.25.49 PM.png

Try the two suggestions in the linked article:
  1. Not so easy fix 1: Reset the Bluetooth module
  2. Not so easy fix 2: Delete your Bluetooth Preferences

To mount your EFI partition, use Clover Configurator --> Mount EFI:

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 8.30.35 PM.png

Please try the attached file (rename to config.plist). However, please change SMBIOS from iMac19,2 to iMac19,1.
It works now! Thank you so much for everything. Can I use both HDMI and do, too?

In my case, "Connectable" is "Yes". But in your screenshot it's "No".

View attachment 415778

Try the two suggestions in the linked article:
  1. Not so easy fix 1: Reset the Bluetooth module
  2. Not so easy fix 2: Delete your Bluetooth Preferences

To mount your EFI partition, use Clover Configurator --> Mount EFI:

View attachment 415779

@CaseySJ, You're the man! Never thought it was gonna be that easy of a fix.
  1. Not so easy fix 1: Reset the Bluetooth module - WORKED
Now System Report says Discoverable: On and Connectable: Yes. I successfully AirDropped between my MacBook Air and my new build, BT connected to my iPhone and connected a BT keyboard. Success!

Thanks so much for your continuous support.

@CaseySJ — here's the good news. I had used the alternate method to define USB ports, which was allowing HS14 through. So I went back to the original way (with USBInjectAll) and now Bluetooth works and is properly defined.

I now have another, strange issue... WiFi isn't showing up at all. Any thoughts there?

EDIT: Nvm. Got it all fixed.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ My build has been running great with your guide for 6 good month. Basically zero issue.
My build was 10.4.2 with the Sapphire RX580, and now I would like to upgrade to 10.4.5 with a Radeon VII.
How should I upgrade from 10.4.2 to 10.4.5? Do I just replace the graphics card or do I need to make adjustment to some settings. Thank you.

@CaseySJ My build has been running great with your guide for 6 good month. Basically zero issue.
My build was 10.4.2 with the Sapphire RX580, and now I would like to upgrade to 10.4.5 with a Radeon VII.
How should I upgrade from 10.4.2 to 10.4.5? Do I just replace the graphics card or do I need to make adjustment to some settings. Thank you.
Hey there! If I'm not mistaken, and as you probably already know, 10.14.5 has built-in drivers for your Radeon VII. So, I would do this:

1. With the RX580 installed, update to 10.14.5.
2. Turn off the machine and remove the RX580.
3. With the machine still off install your Radeon VII.
4. Turn on the machine and enjoy your new graphics card.

Cheers!

Back