Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I am back to having Final Cut fail to export. iGPU is enabled but noo boot failures. Other than that the system is the same. As far as adding the second Vega64... I get the results seen in the attached image.
Arg, another day another vexing Vega. If only I could pull every Vega from every Hackintosh and take them all to the Burning Man Festival... :)

It might be a good idea to:
  • Update to 10.14.4
  • Switch platform ID to 0x3E980003 (headless)
  • Remove "device-id" field from Devices --> Properties
  • Keep the same SMBIOS name, but plan to try iMac19,1 or iMac19,2 once we have full support for these models in Clover
If you continue to have issues, please let us know. Hopefully others using Vega cards can provide some guidance with Final Cut Pro.

i flashed my bios yersterday (Version F6, BIOS Date: 03/14/2019) and today after it reseted to F3.
If you have performed hard reboots or shutdowns since yesterday, it would be a good idea to flash the BIOS again. You can also try powering down and removing the plug from the wall for 10 seconds to reset CMOS.

Hey Guys,

An initial test (20 minutes of recording) worked on the Presonus Quantum via the Apple Thunderbolt 3/2 Adapter straight to the TB3 connector on the Designare...
Thank you -- PreSonus Quantum has been added to Thunderbolt 3 Experiences.

Status update:
I have both Vega64 crds working now without fritzing my display.The system however is reporting both in slot 1 (!?!?!). I don't know if this is an issue as yet.
Still no export from Final Cut and I can't even get Resolve to launch (this is a problem when you have **** to edit!)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 1.20.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 1.20.02 PM.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 1.20.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 1.20.10 PM.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 210
Glad to hear it, but three weeks!!?? :)

Yeah well, I wanted to play it safe and get the exact model you used, and the store promised 2-7 day delivery... well, as long as it's all running. Which brings me to a small question!

As I said, it's all running great, but I'm having some issues with resolution. When I start it up, it's all fine. But, if the computer sleeps and wakes up, the whole display shifts up, and I get a weird sort of "streching" thing at the bottom, and I can't see the top anymore (it's there if move my mouse to it and click). It also happened when I tested the Thunderbolt display. When I switched between HDMI and Thunderbolt, the display was shifted. I'm not sure why, and attempting to mess with the Clover graphics settings resulted in some nice pink screens, so I thought I'll check here...

/L/E/ folder, Clover folder and picture of the phenomenon attached...

Edit - booting with the Thunderbolt display resulted in the same phenomenon.
Edit #2- I'm getting a feeling that this is more a hardware issue with the screen and the HDMI cable. I will investigate those directions further as well...

Attachments

• CLOVER IZ.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 224
Last edited:
All data below from 27-inch 5K iMac 2019 with 6-core Intel i5.

Product-Name: iMac19,1
Board ID: Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95
Platform-Feature: 22000000 00000000
AAPL,ig-platform-id: 0x3E980003 (headless)
Model: iMac19,1
Version: 1.0
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.

XML:
            <key>IORegistryEntryName</key>
            <string>iMac19,1</string>
            <key>IOServiceBusyState</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>IOServiceBusyTime</key>
            <integer>7692035739</integer>
            <key>IOServiceState</key>
            <integer>30</integer>
            <key>board-id</key>
            <data>
            TWFjLUFBOTVCMUREQUIyNzhCOTUA
            </data>
            <key>clock-frequency</key>
            <data>
            AITXFw==
            </data>
            <key>compatible</key>
            <data>
            aU1hYzE5LDEA
            </data>
            <key>manufacturer</key>
            <data>
            QXBwbGUgSW5jLgA=
            </data>
            <key>model</key>
            <data>
            aU1hYzE5LDEA
            </data>
            <key>name</key>
            <data>
            LwA=
            </data>
            <key>platform-feature</key>
            <data>
            IgAAAAAAAAA=
            </data>
            <key>product-name</key>
            <data>
            aU1hYzE5LDEA
            </data>
            <key>serial-number</key>
            <data>
            REMOVED
            </data>
            <key>system-type</key>
            <data>
            AQ==
            </data>
            <key>target-type</key>
            <data>
            TWFjAA==
            </data>
            <key>version</key>
            <data>
            MS4wAA==
            </data>

If the 19,X series are headless only, does that mean anyone using Z390 UHD630 onboard graphics exclusively can only use 18,1 and an injected ID? Or will 14.4 detect it and use it properly with 18,1 and no injected ID?

Yeah well, I wanted to play it safe and get the exact model you used, and the store promised 2-7 day delivery... well, as long as it's all running. Which brings me to a small question!

As I said, it's all running great, but I'm having some issues with resolution. When I start it up it's all fine, but if the computer sleeps and wakes up, the whole display shifts up and I get a weird sort of "streching" thing at the bottom, and I can't see the top anymore (it's there if move my mouse to it and click). It also happened when I tested the thunderbult display, when I switched between hdmi and thunderbolt the display was shifted. I'm not sure why, and attempting to mess with the clover graphics settings resulted in some nice pink screens, so I thought I'll check here...

/L/E folder, clover folder and picture of the phenomenon attached...
View attachment 396170View attachment 396171

edit - booting with the thunderbolt display resulted in the same phenomenon.
edit #2- I'm getting a feeling that this is more a hardware issue with the screen and the HDMI cable, I will investigate those directions further as well...
You have InjectIntel checked on concurrently with WhateverGreen. This is generally an either/or situation. IGPU should be managed either by Clover (via InjectIntel) or by WhateverGreen.

Please try the attached modified config.plist. If you've upgraded to 10.14.4 you may delete "device-id" from Devices --> Properties because the true device-id 0x3E98 is supported natively in 10.14.4.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
The entry-level 21.5" iMac 2019 does not have a discrete GPU so it's using the

Looks like you were interrupted mid-sentence. I believe what you're saying is:

The entry-level 21.5" iMac 2019 does not have a discrete GPU so it's using the IGPU. Therefore I should use 19,1 or whatever model it is - seems to be in flux right now, and I'll be good?

Any progress on valid SMBIOS definitions?

If the 19,X series are headless only, does that mean anyone using Z390 UHD630 onboard graphics exclusively can only use 18,1 and an injected ID? Or will 14.4 detect it and use it properly with 18,1 and no injected ID?
With 10.14.4, the true iGPU device ID (0x3E98) will be detected and used automatically regardless of SMBIOS name. But we cannot, of course, use a headless platform ID if we want to drive a monitor with the iGPU.

So I think the following should work:
  • SMBIOS name = iMac19,1 or iMac19,2
  • Device-id = 0x3E98 (no need to inject or spoof)
  • Headless mode: Use platform ID 0x3E980003
  • Non-Headless mode: Use platform ID = 0x3E9B0007 (not sure if there is a non-headless platform ID specifically for 9th Gen CPUs)

Back