Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

the problem is i had Mojave running fine made all changes in the post installation but made a mistake. I dont get it the first try was without any problems. Is it possible that the NVMe SSD with the UEFI makes some problems?
Because we use “Macmini8,1” in post-installation, it means that we require 10.14.2 or later. So you have two options:
  1. Download the latest macOS installer (first move the existing 6GB file Fromm Applications folder on your Mac to Documents or somewhere else) from App Store and reinstall MacOS.
  2. Boot from the USB flash disk, then choose “Boot macOS Mojave” from Clover Boot Menu. Then mount EFI partition of the Mojave SSD and modify the config.plist located there. Simply change SMBIOS —> “Macmini8.1” to perhaps “iMac14,2” or “iMac18,3”. This allows you to run 10.14.0. Then you can update to 10.14.4 directly from Mojave.
If you have any questions, just ask.

Hi, guys, I have built a Hackintosh with the following specs: Gigabyte Z390 Designare, i9-9900, Crucial Ballistic 64 RAM, MSI Radeon RX Vega 64. I have followed this build procedure, with the following differences: I have made it a model iMac 18,3 instead of 14,2 (should be better for headless IGPU and Mojave), and my clover is using Inject instead of Detect for Kexts (could not get the VGTab Kext for my Vega to work otherwise). Also followed the headless iGPU settings provided (I sometimes work with DaVinci Resolve and Handbrake, but my issues are not happening when using that software, does not seem to be software dependent.) Now I am having issues with random system crashes- the screen goes grey, black or sometimes red, I can still hear audio passing for a few seconds, then that goes as well. The computer is still running (it doesn't reboot on it's own), but is completely non-responsive until a hard reboot. No CPU or GPU temperature issues, happens even if the computer is not under any heavy load. Any idea where I might start searching to get this issue fixed (or to even figure out what it is)? I am suspicious of the graphics card (just because of the changing colour of the screen) but that is just a hunch. Would appreciate any help in getting this resolved.

Hi, guys,
Would appreciate any help in getting this resolved.

When I did my initial set-up and just barely had it working, I experienced some odd behavior too. CaseySJ had already made a few suggestions earlier in this thread to other people. I went through his checklist and one definitely worked: re-flashing the mobo BIOS. Somehow it had become corrupted between all the sudden crashes and re-boots.

Re-flashing also forces you to go through and re-check all the BIOS settings, ensuring that they're optimal. And I'd also recommend avoiding OC or UV the CPU, leaving it stock, until things are stable for a few days.

Hi all,

I bought exactly the same hardware as in the original post, followed the instructions carefully and got this error message when I booted the machine (see screenshot). This is the second time that I tried to install macOS on this hardware with the same results. Anybody has an idea of what went wrong?

The macOS version installed is 10.14.3.

Attachments

• IMG_2609.jpg
    IMG_2609.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 100
Anybody has an idea of what went wrong?

Mac-F227BEC8 is an iMac8,1 which fails to meet the minimum spec required to install Mojave.

iMac8,1.png

Because we use “Macmini8,1” in post-installation, it means that we require 10.14.2 or later. So you have two options:
  1. Download the latest macOS installer (first move the existing 6GB file Fromm Applications folder on your Mac to Documents or somewhere else) from App Store and reinstall MacOS.
  2. Boot from the USB flash disk, then choose “Boot macOS Mojave” from Clover Boot Menu. Then mount EFI partition of the Mojave SSD and modify the config.plist located there. Simply change SMBIOS —> “Macmini8.1” to perhaps “iMac14,2” or “iMac18,3”. This allows you to run 10.14.0. Then you can update to 10.14.4 directly from Mojave.
If you have any questions, just ask.
hi again,

i downloaded the latest macOs installer 14.4.08 and made a new USB Boot Stick with UniBeast, changed the config with Clover, deleted AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, copied the kexts, checked the bios settings, but nothing changed i get the same message after i select Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave or Boot macOS Mojave or Recover. The last image message comes after i try to Recover. Nothing seems to function.

Do you know a fast way to format the NVMe SSD?

thx again

Attachments

• IMG_1995.jpg
    IMG_1995.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1996.jpg
    IMG_1996.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1997.jpg
    IMG_1997.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
hi again,

i downloaded the latest macOs installer 14.4.08 and made a new USB Boot Stick with UniBeast, changed the config with Clover, deleted AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, copied the kexts, checked the bios settings, but nothing changed i get the same message after i select Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave or Boot macOS Mojave or Recover. The last image message comes after i try to Recover. Nothing seems to function.

Do you know a fast way to format the NVMe SSD?

thx again
Gigabyte released BIOS version F6 (not F6a|b|c, but F6) a few days ago. Please flash this version and re-configure the BIOS parameters. Then see if the kernel cache error disappears.

Hi all,

I bought exactly the same hardware as in the original post, followed the instructions carefully and got this error message when I booted the machine (see screenshot). This is the second time that I tried to install macOS on this hardware with the same results. Anybody has an idea of what went wrong?

The macOS version installed is 10.14.3.
As @P1LGRIM pointed out, please check the SMBIOS name in your config.plist. Are you using Macmini8,1 or iMac8,1?

Gigabyte released BIOS version F6 (not F6a|b|c, but F6) a few days ago. Please flash this version and re-configure the BIOS parameters. Then see if the kernel cache error disappears.

i flashed my bios yersterday (Version F6, BIOS Date: 03/14/2019) and today after it reseted to F3.

I’m having a problem with Airdrop: Always after sending a few pictures (one after the other) from my iPhone to my Hackintosh via Airdrop the screen goes black. I don’t know if anything else is still running or if it’s a complete crash. Fans keep spinning (but not spinning up like crazy, just normal) and no error to find in the system log. Sometimes it takes about 15 pictures until the screen goes black.
I had this with my old Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 and now also with my new Asus ROG Strix Vega 64. While I was waiting for the new GPU I was using IGPU only, and during that time these issues were gone. On the first try the screen froze, too (but didn’t go black), then I added AirportBrcmFixup.kext and it worked fine. Now with the new Vega installed I still have AirportBrcmFixup.kext enabled, but the issue is back.
Can anybody try to confirm these issues? As I wrote, sometimes it takes 15 (or maybe even 20) pictures that I have to send (one after the other!) to my Hackintosh until it happens.
I just AirDropped 30 photos from my iPhone X to the Hackintosh in 3 groups without any problem. I'm using an AMD RX580, however.

Back