Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Good day, @CaseySJ
Today, I intended to customize my own SSDT file by disabling port HS12 and enabling port HS08 with your
SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7B.aml
to create SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7D.aml in MasciASL for future upgrade purpose when I buy the CalDigit TS3 Plus, TB3 dock.

After I removed the V7B.aml and place my own V7D.aml in the patched folder, then rebooted it. iPad doesn't work and be recognized through Type-C cable connected to HS08 port (rear top Thunderbolt3/Type-C) when I looked it up in the USB section of Hackintools.

Could you point out what part of my file goes wrong, please? I used my old Macbook Air to edit the file in MasiACL. And I don't need HS12 port because it's already been taken by NZXT watercooler (9pin header) for only power supply not for file transfer purpose then it's useless to me by occuping one of the 15 ports just for power.... :evil:

SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7B.aml made by you - Success
Disable: HS10, HS11
Enable: HS01, HS13

SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7D.aml made by me - Fail
Disable: HS10, HS11, HS12
Enable: HS01, HS13, HS08

HS08 does not need to be injected for USB-C to work on a TB3 port. USB-C is activated along with the TB3 port inside the TB3 SSDT. Besides, HS08 would only be useful for connecting a USB-2 drive (which makes no sense using a USB-C port; see the rear panel image on first post of this thread). Simply use V7B.

Also, the CalDigit TB3 dock, which I use, works perfectly fine CaseySJ's SSDT-UIAC; no mods needed.

Please see bottom of Post #8832 where switching from DisplayPort to HDMI was able to restore video signal. This is not a proper solution, of course, but if this works for you then we can try to figure out the real solution.
FYI, good news, fully upgrade to Catalina now, here what I did in case someone encounters same issue
- Connected monitor via DP cable (I prepared in case swapping to HDMI)
- Update Clover 5097, update Lilu, AppleALC, and Whatevergreen to latest version as @CaseySJ mentioned
- Inline upgrade Catalina, everything happened exactly what CaseySJ described
- At the end, i am able to login to Catalina, and everything works as expected.

Now, Carbon Copy Cloner issue. @CaseySJ, i followed your guide closely and able to clone as you described from pictures and steps. When mounting Catalina Local Backup EFI, the folder is empty. Then at reboot, i don't see back up option.
Please advice, thanks again for your help!

Update: after turn off computer for 10 mins then restart with Catalina Local Backup plug, now i can see 3 "square" icons from backup, i selected boot option from backup, worked fine.
Again, i still can't see anything inside EFI Catalina Local Backup. It's still empty.

Last edited:
i try to change from iMac Pro to iMac 19.1 with my Z390 Extreme to use also the Intel 630 but when i activate it at bios it don't show up . What's wrong?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-19 um 11.10.09.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-19 um 11.10.09.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
The files in your /usr/bin folder (including sudo) have ACLs (access control lists) attached to them. On my MacBook Air running Catalina, those files do not have ACLs.

Let's repeat the above as follows to look at the ACLs:
Code:
ls -leO@ /usr/bin/sudo > ~/Documents/filecheckACL.txt
ls -leO@ /usr/bin | head -n 20  >> ~/Documents/filecheckACL.txt
ls -leO@ /private/etc/sudoers  >> ~/Documents/filecheckACL.txt
ls -leO@ /private/etc | head -n 20  >> ~/Documents/filecheckACL.txt
This will create a file called filecheckACL.txt in the same Documents folder. Please upload that file.

Are you running Mojave?

If anyone else is running Mojave right now, can you please run the same 4 commands in Terminal and post your reply.
Yes, I'm running Mojave

Attachments

• filecheckACL.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 94
Ok, you need to see if root is the owner of sudo as the message is asking. First check your passwd file to see that root is indeed uid 0.

cat /etc/passwd | grep root

then

ls -l@ /usr/bin/sudo

These are the results you should be expecting.

Code:
-> % cat /etc/passwd | grep root
root:*:0:0:System Administrator:/var/root:/bin/sh

and

Code:
-> % ls -l@ /usr/bin/sudo
-r-s--x--x  1 root  wheel  370720 Jul 29 13:59 /usr/bin/sudo

If you don't see root and wheel, then you may have an issue.
My results:

$ cat /etc/passwd | grep root

root:*:0:0:System Administrator:/var/root:/bin/sh

daemon:*:1:1:System Services:/var/root:/usr/bin/false

_cvmsroot:*:212:212:CVMS Root:/var/empty:/usr/bin/false

And:

-rwxr-xr-x+ 1 root wheel 370720 23 aoû 07:50 /usr/bin/sudo

@Etyel If you can, I would suggest booting from recovery and trying to repair permissions with Disk utility.

According to your file you uploaded, it certainly looks like something modified permissions on some (all?) of your core binaries.
I tried with Disk utility since Recovery and the operation failed because the volume could not be unmounted :banghead:
I then tried since my backup and the operation was successful, the volume appears as OK

I make update to Catalina. 10.15.0 ( macOS 10.15 (19A602) ) and only RX580 SSDT not work. everything else work like charm.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 15.20.47.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 15.20.47.png
    589.6 KB · Views: 87
unfortunately if I try to install this it doesn't work Audio(lost output) and also usb 3.0, i don't know why.
Try switching to iMac19,1 using your original config.plist. After booting with iMac19,1 run IORegistryExplorer once again and select File --> Save As... then upload the saved file.

Good day, @CaseySJ
Today, I intended to disable port HS12 and enable port HS08 by modifying your
SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7B.aml
SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7D.aml made by me - Fail
Disable: HS10, HS11, HS12
Enable: HS01, HS13, HS08
HS08 does not need to be injected for USB-C to work on a TB3 port. USB-C is activated along with the TB3 port inside the TB3 SSDT. Besides, HS08 would only be useful for connecting a USB-2 drive (which makes no sense using a USB-C port; see the rear panel image on first post of this thread). Simply use V7B.

Also, the CalDigit TB3 dock, which I use, works perfectly fine CaseySJ's SSDT-UIAC; no mods needed.
@heartmusic

Your SSDT V7D looks fine. The USB-C cable that comes with iPad Pro only supports USB 2. Because you've enabled USB 2 on both Thunderbolt ports (HS08 and HS13) I am also puzzled why it did not connect. Some suggestions:
  • Does it connect if plugged into the front USB-C port (on computer case)?
  • Does it connect to the two rear Thunderbolt ports if you use a Thunderbolt 3 cable instead of USB-C cable?
    • In this case your iPad Pro will connect over USB 3 (much faster I/O than USB 2).
  • We can also use a USB-C cable that actually supports USB 3, such as this one from Amazon for less than US$11.00.
    • In this case your iPad Pro will connect over USB 3 and you do not have to enable HS08 or HS13.
  • As @rj510 mentioned, you can connect any Thunderbolt 3 device or dock to either of the two TB3 ports without enabling HS08 or HS13.

can we use AMD 5700XT gpu in Mojave?
I can't upgrade to Catalina yet as many of my software is 32bit.
It may be possible to copy the drivers to Mojave, rebuild kernel caches, and see if it works. Any volunteers?? :)

Back