Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

It looks like he has extended attributes which were set on sudo. I don't have any on my hackintosh running 10.14.6.

Of course, running sudo xattr /usr/bin/sudo won't help when you can't run sudo. :(

That uid 503 is also a deleted account that was on PkgInfo and Uninstall.app

@Etyel If you can, I would suggest booting from recovery and trying to repair permissions with Disk utility.

According to your file you uploaded, it certainly looks like something modified permissions on some (all?) of your core binaries.

@Etyel If you can, I would suggest booting from recovery and trying to repair permissions with Disk utility.

According to your file you uploaded, it certainly looks like something modified permissions on some (all?) of your core binaries.

Also, here are my sha hashes on the binaries in /usr/bin if you want to compare. Just run the following command to see if any differ. Some possibly will depending on various things. But, if you're running 10.14.6 (18G103) then most should be the same.

Code:
shasum /usr/bin/*

Attachments

• bin_hashes.txt
    56.5 KB · Views: 129
It looks like he has extended attributes which were set on sudo. I don't have any on my hackintosh running 10.14.6.
That's my concern as well. It looks like the /usr/bin folder and possibly other folders have been tampered with.

My Fenvi T919 has a low TX rate (350). Is there a way to improve this?

Removing the CNVi card should not affect USB or Thunderbolt if the NO-CNVW SSDT is also removed from CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Let's tackle Thunderbolt first:
  • While booted into macOS, unplug Thunderbolt cable from the Belkin dock or from the motherboard, wait 5 seconds, plug it back in. Does the Belkin Dock appear now?
  • Are all Thunderbolt BIOS settings correct? Most important ones are:
    • Security Level --> No Security
    • GPIO3 Force Pwr --> Enabled
    • Thunderbolt Boot Support --> Try Disabled first and then Boot Once
  • Check that these two SSDTs are in CLOVER/ACPI/patched:
    • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml
    • SSDT-DTPG.aml
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and examine the device tree under PCI0.RP05. Also feel free to select File --> Save As... and upload the save IOReg file.
Now let's get back to USB high current:
  • Did I previously request a copy of your CLOVER folder and a screenshot of /Library/Extensions?
  • Which version of BIOS is installed (F6 or F7)?
  • Do you still have the Intel CNVi module? It shouldn'tbe necessary to reinstall it -- but when all else fails we must try even the improbable...
    • It will take a little bit of effort to reinstall the module and reconnect two tiny Mfh4 antenna leads. A handheld magnifying glass can help.
    • If you do decide to reinstall the module, please copy SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml to CLOVER/ACPI/patched and reboot.

Hi @CaseySJ . My BIOS settings are correct, and I currently have the following in my ACPI Patched:
1571441438143.png

My /L/E contains:
drwxr-xr-x 27 root wheel 864 Oct 12 12:21 .
drwxr-xr-x+ 63 root wheel 2016 Sep 23 20:57 ..
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Apr 15 2019 ACS6x.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 May 8 2018 ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 May 7 2018 ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 May 7 2018 ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 96 Oct 12 12:20 AppleALC.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Sep 5 2017 ArcMSR.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Aug 31 2013 CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Jul 22 04:57 Dropbox.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Jun 27 16:34 EnergyDriver.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 96 Oct 12 12:20 FakePCIID.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 96 Oct 12 12:20 FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 May 3 2018 HighPointIOP.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Dec 5 2017 HighPointRR.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 96 Oct 12 12:20 IntelMausiEthernet.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 96 Oct 12 12:20 Lilu.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Mar 31 2017 PromiseSTEX.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Oct 12 12:20 SMCProcessor.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Oct 12 12:20 SMCSuperIO.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 96 Oct 12 12:20 SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Apr 24 2018 SoftRAID.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Sep 28 2018 TrackballWorks.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Oct 12 12:20 USBInjectAll.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Oct 12 12:21 VirtualSMC.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Oct 12 12:21 WhateverGreen.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 96 Oct 12 12:21 XHCI-unsupported.kext

One thing I noticed in the IOReg, under USBInjectAll, there are entries that show only 15 USB ports (good), and others show 26 (bad?)

I noticed no change when I plugged in the ThunderBolt Dock. I might go get a new cable to validate that is not an issue. Also, since the IORegistryExplorer dump has SMBIOS and Serial number, how do I strip that out, or post only to you?

EDIT: The Dock is working (not hot plug), and I am able to see a native TB2 external drive, as well as a USB based drive via the dock. None of the peripherals hot-plugged, I had to reboot each time. Is this expected behavior?

Last edited:
My Fenvi T919 has a low TX rate (350). Is there a way to improve this?
That's a pretty good rate. I'm getting 145 Mbps despite a strong signal and low noise. What Tx Rate do you get with other computers at or near the same location?

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 5.56.44 PM.png

EDIT: The Dock is working (not hot plug), and I am able to see a native TB2 external drive, as well as a USB based drive via the dock. None of the peripherals hot-plugged, I had to reboot each time. Is this expected behavior?
I checked Thunderbolt hot plug capability yesterday with Catalina Supplemental Update installed -- it worked just fine with my OWC 14-Port Thunderbolt 3 Dock on one of the TB3 ports and Apple Thunderbolt Gigabit Ethernet adapter with a TB2-to-TB3 cable on the other TB3 port.

Do you have an earlier bootable backup from which you can test TB3 hot plug?

Good evening.
I want to thank CaseySJ. My hackintosh works at 95% just for you.
I couldn't get USB 3.0 to work. I think I installed all the files. Could anyone help me? Z390 Xtreme and Catalina.

Schermata 2019-10-19 alle 03.03.03.png

Good evening.
I want to thank CaseySJ. My hackintosh works at 95% just for you.
I couldn't get USB 3.0 to work. I think I installed all the files. Could anyone help me? Z390 Xtreme and Catalina.

View attachment 431455
Hello @espogeta,

Welcome to the forum!

Please enter your Motherboard, CPU, and Graphics information in your profile by clicking here. This is required when asking for help.
  • It seems you have the Gigabyte AORUS Xtreme?
  • What computer case are you using?
  • Which USB 3 ports have you tested:
    • USB 3 ports on the rear IO panel?
    • USB 3 ports on the computer case?
  • Also please download and run IORegistryExplorer then select File --> Save As... and upload the saved file. That will give us an inside look at the USB port configuration.

I checked Thunderbolt hot plug capability yesterday with Catalina Supplemental Update installed -- it worked just fine with my OWC 14-Port Thunderbolt 3 Dock on one of the TB3 ports and Apple Thunderbolt Gigabit Ethernet adapter with a TB2-to-TB3 cable on the other TB3 port.

Do you have an earlier bootable backup from which you can test TB3 hot plug?

@CaseySJ I'm still on Mohave, Supplement 1. Hot Plug has never worked for me.

Back