Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

• What is the make and model of the keyboard?
  • Is it connected via USB?
  • Has it always had this problem?
-Keychron K2
-Yes, connected with USB
-No in my previous builds with Clover for sure and previous OC Big Sur build i believe never had this problem.
When i powered on the pc it always stayed wake.Now after i press it once to wake it and select the boot disk and the keyboard powers off again and i have to press a key again to enter my password...

Ok, then i really don't know why it's not working :(
Your EFI folder is correctly configured so let's check some other factors:
  • In Boot section of BIOS, is CFG-Lock disabled? It needs to be disabled.
  • In BIOS, is VT-d enabled? It should be enabled.
  • When you boot the computer, are you pressing and holding F12 to open the BIOS boot menu? Then you're selecting the USB install disk?
  • Does OpenCore boot picker appear?
    • If it does, press and release CMD-V to toggle verbose mode on.
    • Then select Install macOS to begin installation.
    • If the install process hangs, what do you see on screen?

Your EFI folder is correctly configured so let's check some other factors:
  • In Boot section of BIOS, is CFG-Lock disabled? It needs to be disabled.
  • In BIOS, is VT-d enabled? It should be enabled.
  • When you boot the computer, are you pressing and holding F12 to open the BIOS boot menu? Then you're selecting the USB install disk?
  • Does OpenCore boot picker appear?
    • If it does, press and release CMD-V to toggle verbose mode on.
    • Then select Install macOS to begin installation.
    • If the install process hangs, what do you see on screen?

-CFG-Lock is disabled
-VT-d is enabled

Im pressing F12 and there are two versions of my Flashdrive:

-Samsung Flash drive 1100
-UEFI: Samsung Flash Drive 1100, Partition 1

When i boot from one of those, the screen goes black for 1 second and straight back to the BIOS boot menu.

-CFG-Lock is disabled
-VT-d is enabled

When i boot from one of those, the screen goes black for 1 second and straight back to the BIOS boot menu.

Edit: there was an audio interface connected via thunderbolt, i disconnected it and it loaded the boot picker. After i selected my mojave installation another fail occured:

Attachments

• 2022-05-01 00.39.42.jpg
    2022-05-01 00.39.42.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
-CFG-Lock is disabled
-VT-d is enabled

Update: When i boot from Partition 1, this appears:
UPDATE: Just try Reset NVRAM as stated below and ignore items 1 through 3 for now. The "OCS Schema" warnings can be ignored. Once you upgrade to OpenCore 0.8.0 those warnings will disappear.
  1. Which version of OpenCore Configurator are you using?
  2. Which version of OpenCore is shown in the Title Bar of OpenCore Configurator?
  3. Which version of OpenCore are you actually using? Because the date of OpenCore.efi is February 2022, it means you're using OpenCore version 0.7.8 (click here).
Finally, at OpenCore boot menu press spacebar to reveal extra options then choose Reset NVRAM, which will be the rightmost option. When system reboots automatically, try selecting Install macOS again.

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 3.34.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 3.34.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 3.36.27 PM.png

Last edited:
-Keychron K2
-Yes, connected with USB
-No in my previous builds with Clover for sure and previous OC Big Sur build i believe never had this problem.
When i powered on the pc it always stayed wake.Now after i press it once to wake it and select the boot disk and the keyboard powers off again and i have to press a key again to enter my password...
One quick thing to try is enabling the following, then reboot and see if it makes any difference:
Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 3.43.18 PM.png

1. Which version of OpenCore Configurator are you using?
  2. Which version of OpenCore is shown in the Title Bar of OpenCore Configurator?
  3. Which version of OpenCore are you actually using? Because the date of OpenCore.efi is February 2022, it means you're using OpenCore version 0.7.8 (click here).
Finally, at OpenCore boot menu press spacebar to reveal extra options then choose Reset NVRAM, which will be the rightmost option. When system reboots automatically, try selecting Install macOS again.

View attachment 546897View attachment 546898
View attachment 546899

-I'm using 2.52.0.1
-Titlebar shows 0.7.5 (Image below)

I reset NVRAM and the following Message occured: (Image below)

Attachments

• Version.png
    Version.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Message.jpg
    Message.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 26
-I'm using 2.52.0.1
-Titlebar shows 0.7.5 (Image below)

I reset NVRAM and the following Message occured: (Image below)
Change SecureBootModel to Disabled:
Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 3.58.46 PM.png

One quick thing to try is enabling the following, then reboot and see if it makes any difference:
View attachment 546901
I tried it and the problem remains.
Also:
1)i'm on Monterey 12.3.1 and i deleted the SmallTree-Intel-211-82576 kext and removed it from the config.plist but the problem also remains when i tried to use the i211 ethernet (black screen and reboot).
2)I also have Linux as a boot should i enable OpenLinuxBoot.efi or make any other changes for some reason?

Back