Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ, thank you so much for the explanation, but I am still getting this screen; I uploaded it manually using the OCC app that supports 0.7.8. Unfortunately, I can't use HackinDROM because the release on the site is only for OS 10.15 and higher. Do you know if I can get a HackinDROM for Mojave? Thanks
It would be best to download the entire OpenCore 0.7.8 EFI folder from the mini-guide and use OpenCore Configurator 2.58.0.0 (not the newer 2.58.1.0) to copy PlatformInfo credentials into PlatformInfo --> DataHub section of config.plist. Remember to set OpenCore Configurator to 0.7.8 Release Version.

See Step 11 of this post:
Then save the EFI folder to EFI partition of a USB flash disk and boot from the USB flash disk by pressing F12 during Gigabyte splash screen. This will open the BIOS Boot Menu (not OpenCore boot menu). Select the USB flash disk from that menu. Now OpenCore 0.7.8 boot menu should appear.

It would be best to download the entire OpenCore 0.7.8 EFI folder from the mini-guide and use OpenCore Configurator 2.58.0.0 (not the newer 2.58.1.0) to copy PlatformInfo credentials into PlatformInfo --> DataHub section of config.plist. Remember to set OpenCore Configurator to 0.7.8 Release Version.

See Step 11 of this post:
Then save the EFI folder to EFI partition of a USB flash disk and boot from the USB flash disk by pressing F12 during Gigabyte splash screen. This will open the BIOS Boot Menu (not OpenCore boot menu). Select the USB flash disk from that menu. Now OpenCore 0.7.8 boot menu should appear.
Patience! :crazy: @CaseySJ, I followed your instruction downloading the EFI OC-078-DESIGNARE-Z390 from the mini-guide using the config-AMD-GPU.plist (renamed config.plist) - I copied and pasted Platforminfo items from Hackintool to OpenCore Configurator.

At BIOS pressing F12, it goes to the OpenCore 0.7.8 boot, but it restarts immediately, and then it gets back to BIOS, it displays the attached screen and then goes into macOS utilities.

Not to mention that when you go to download OpenCore Configurator 2.58.0.0, it downloads the 2.57.0.0, no way to download the 2.58.0.0 --:crazy:

Attachments

• IMG_2430.jpg
    IMG_2430.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 44
The Ethernet port might be getting delayed in establishing a connection at boot due to (a) virus/malware checkers, (b) firewall software, (c) other login items that all get launched at startup, ...
You got it right on point! It was Malwarebytes :crazy: . Removed that stuff immediately and now it works great again.

Patience! :crazy: @CaseySJ, I followed your instruction downloading the EFI OC-078-DESIGNARE-Z390 from the mini-guide using the config-AMD-GPU.plist (renamed config.plist) - I copied and pasted Platforminfo items from Hackintool to OpenCore Configurator.

At BIOS pressing F12, it goes to the OpenCore 0.7.8 boot, but it restarts immediately, and then it gets back to BIOS, it displays the attached screen and then goes into macOS utilities.

Not to mention that when you go to download OpenCore Configurator 2.58.0.0, it downloads the 2.57.0.0, no way to download the 2.58.0.0 --:crazy:

OpenCore Configurator 2.58.1.0

Attachments

• OpenCore Configurator.app.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 77

This suggests that the EFI folder in the EFI partition does not contain BOOT and OC subfolders. Perhaps the EFI folder has another EFI folder and that nested EFI folder contains BOOT and OC.

Hello,
Anyone tried Monterey 12.3 Release?
I had some graphical and DRM issues with the beta 2

Back