Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ, I apologize for the confusion; my version is 0.6.7 -Thanks
Upgrading OpenCore is easy to do using the HackinDROM app. Have you tried that already? If you open the spoiler “Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides” at the top of Post 1, you’ll find a link in Section 1 of the spoiler.

@CaseySJ Since a while I'm facing some issues after boot into MacOS: my internet doesn't work for about a minute or so. I first need to wait a while and then open safari to see if I have a connection. I didn't mind this before, because I went to grab a coffee first, but now I'm working remotely and VNC server doesn't come online after a reboot, which is annoying :mrgreen:

Any idea what the cause may be?

I'm using the Fenvi card for WiFi and BT, but the PC is always wired.
Have you done any troubleshooting or attempted to isolate the problem? For example, is the problem related only to Internet access, but local network access is always okay? You can always ping other systems on the local network without a delay? If the problem is only with Internet access, have you rebooted the router and/or cable modem? And do other systems also suffer from the same delay when they boot up?

Have you done any troubleshooting or attempted to isolate the problem? For example, is the problem related only to Internet access, but local network access is always okay? You can always ping other systems on the local network without a delay? If the problem is only with Internet access, have you rebooted the router and/or cable modem? And do other systems also suffer from the same delay when they boot up?
I have isolated the problem so far that it doesn't have anything to do with my network or internet. It's really hackintosh related. My other devices and OS's don't have this problem and all do have instant access to the internet. Also ping is without any delay.

I will check access to local network after booting, once I'm at home. I will let you know.

I have isolated the problem so far that it doesn't have anything to do with my network or internet. It's really hackintosh related. My other devices and OS's don't have this problem and all do have instant access to the internet. Also ping is without any delay.

I will check access to local network after booting, once I'm at home. I will let you know.
The Ethernet port might be getting delayed in establishing a connection at boot due to (a) virus/malware checkers, (b) firewall software, (c) other login items that all get launched at startup, ...

Upgrading OpenCore is easy to do using the HackinDROM app. Have you tried that already? If you open the spoiler “Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides” at the top of Post 1, you’ll find a link in Section 1 of the spoiler.
@CaseySJ, so first I have to update OpenCore? It says
Works only with Catalina and Big Sur (version 1.2.0+)
Mojave users please use the HackinDROM website as explained in the original mini-guide

and then which guide should I use to upgrade to Catalina?

Last edited:
tried to update and got this

Kernel->Add[14] discovers CpuTscSync.kext, but its ExecutablePath (Contents/MacOS/CpuTscSyn) or PlistPath (Contents/Info.plist) is borked!
CheckKernel returns 1 error!

Completed validating /var/folders/fb/s0m5zzvs1w374g5kkgzgd9v40000gn/T/HackinDROM/standalone/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. Found 1 issue requiring attention.

10 Dec 2021: The new F9 'capsule' BIOS has not been tested and should be avoided at this time.

Hi @CaseySJ @Elias64Fr,

I have updated to the F9 BIOS. As I only use the computer for testing purposes. Unfortunately, the system keeps freezing. Is there any way to downgrade back to F9i or are there already any test results?

tried to update and got this

Kernel->Add[14] discovers CpuTscSync.kext, but its ExecutablePath (Contents/MacOS/CpuTscSyn) or PlistPath (Contents/Info.plist) is borked!
CheckKernel returns 1 error!

Completed validating /var/folders/fb/s0m5zzvs1w374g5kkgzgd9v40000gn/T/HackinDROM/standalone/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. Found 1 issue requiring attention.
Theres a typo in your config.plist Kexts > Add > CpuTscSync.kext > ExecutablePath should be 'Contents/MacOS/CpuTscSync' instead of 'Contents/MacOS/CpuTscSyn'

Hi @CaseySJ @Elias64Fr,

I have updated to the F9 BIOS. As I only use the computer for testing purposes. Unfortunately, the system keeps freezing. Is there any way to downgrade back to F9i or are there already any test results?
In my case the system ran fine but was unable to connect USB-C devices on Thunderbolt ports. Downgrade procedure is in the post below, but requires external flash ROM reader/writer:

@CaseySJ, so first I have to update OpenCore? It says
Works only with Catalina and Big Sur (version 1.2.0+)
Mojave users please use the HackinDROM website as explained in the original mini-guide

and then which guide should I use to upgrade to Catalina?
If you’re already running OpenCore with Mojave, simply upgrade to 0.7.8 by following the mini-guide. Use the manual procedure, which just requires copying PlatformInfo credentials across (fully explained in mini-guide).

Then perform an in-place upgrade to Catalina, but make a full bootable backup of Mojave first.

Back