Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

This suggests that the EFI folder in the EFI partition does not contain BOOT and OC subfolders. Perhaps the EFI folder has another EFI folder and that nested EFI folder contains BOOT and OC.
@CaseySJ, the EFI downloaded does not contain the Apple folder, so I copied it from my EFI, but it is still not working.

Guys, when I download the OCC 2.58.0.0, it's downloading the 2.57.0.0; why?
I downloaded the same file by clicking the Download button, and the correct file was downloaded. Are you sure you’re double-clicking the correct file?

@CaseySJ, the EFI downloaded does not contain the Apple folder, so I copied it from my EFI, but it is still not working.
The APPLE folder is not needed. Can you mount the EFI partition of your internal disk and post a screenshot of the EFI folder expanded?

I downloaded the same file by clicking the Download button, and the correct file was downloaded. Are you sure you’re double-clicking the correct file?
@memomemonline,

Correction: You are right -- the version is 2.57.0.0 -- but this is the right one to use. We just need to set the Preferences to OpenCore 0.7.8 Release Version.

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 4.48.38 PM.png

@CaseySJ, thanks for such patience here.
So, I am attaching the two files—the EFI and the OCC about when I download the OCC 2.58.0.0.
Thanks

Attachments

• EFI screenshot.png
    EFI screenshot.png
    441.7 KB · Views: 47
  • OCC Screen Shot.png
    OCC Screen Shot.png
    387.7 KB · Views: 43
@CaseySJ, thanks for such patience here.
So, I am attaching the two files—the EFI and the OCC about when I download the OCC 2.58.0.0.
Thanks
The EFI folder looks correct. We can see that BOOTX64.efi and OpenCore.efi are both dated Feb 7, which is OpenCore 0.7.8.

This EFI folder should be bootable -- we should see the OpenCanopy Picker.

However, feel free to do the following:
  • Make a copy of the entire EFI folder
  • In this new copy, remove serial numbers from config.plist --> PlatformInfo --> DataHub section
  • Then compress the whole folder and post
Also, where is this EFI folder located?
  • Is it in the EFI partition of a USB flash disk?
  • Is it in the EFI partition of the macOS internal SSD?
  • Are there other operating systems installed on this system, such as Windows or Linux?

The EFI folder looks correct. We can see that BOOTX64.efi and OpenCore.efi are both dated Feb 7, which is OpenCore 0.7.8.

This EFI folder should be bootable -- we should see the OpenCanopy Picker.

However, feel free to do the following:
  • Make a copy of the entire EFI folder
  • In this new copy, remove serial numbers from config.plist --> PlatformInfo --> DataHub section
  • Then compress the whole folder and post
Also, where is this EFI folder located?
  • Is it in the EFI partition of a USB flash disk?
  • Is it in the EFI partition of the macOS internal SSD?
  • Are there other operating systems installed on this system, such as Windows or Linux?
@CaseySJ, I am attaching the EFI.zip and answering your questions:
It is an EFI partition of a USB flash disk, but I also tested it on a bootable (external) clone of macOS.
No other OS is installed on these disks.

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI-3-14-22.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 116
@CaseySJ, I am attaching the EFI.zip and answering your questions:
It is an EFI partition of a USB flash disk, but I also tested it on a bootable (external) clone of macOS.
No other OS is installed on these disks.

Thanks
The EFI folder looks fine.
  • Is the EFI folder located at the root level (top most level) of the folder hierarchy in the EFI partition? Or is it a sub-folder of some other folder?
  • When you boot the system, are you pressing F12 at the Gigabyte Splash Screen and opening the BIOS Boot Menu, then selecting the USB flash disk from that menu?

EFI screenshot.png

@CaseySJ, yes, it is the ROOT level, and yes, I press F12, and I select the USB flash disk. Thanks

Back