Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

so the below should be okay already - does it improve the intel in any way?
Your Thunderbolt Bus is enabled, so the new BIOS may offer some improvement, but at this time:
  • We don't know if there will actually be any improvement.
  • We don't know what the improvement will affect, if it exists.
This is an early experiment so we cannot make any predictions of the outcome.

Now getting this error airdrop is not working and BIOS version that I have is F9i and did everything as instructed and Planned to try the fresh installation and did that still there are so many issue that I have to check will share the information tomorrow please help me fix this issue
Did you fix this? I am now in the same boat on the splash screen, and I've never used HackinDROM OR OC Config before as I had a lot of problems with USB. I went through the pain of flashing the TB3. So I've always liked to just simply edit in Plist Editor and all has worked well. No problems. However this HackinDROM / OC makes me feel like I'm going to end up in trouble??

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 10.04.54.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 10.04.54.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 66
Did you fix this? I am now in the same boat on the splash screen and I've never used HackinDROM OR OC Config before as I had a lot of problems with USB and I went through the pain of flashing the TB3.. So I've always liked to just simply edit in Plist Editor and all has worked well. No problems. However this HackinDROM / OC makes me feel like I'm going to end up in trouble??
because AdviseWindows has been changed to AdviseFeatures

check your config.plist with the sample:

add/remove the new bits as required

always run ocvalidate on your config.plist to make sure of no errors before trying to boot from it
Thanks, ALL has been fine until this 0.7 update and this slightly newer way of doing things.. As I say I built this and got it working perfect, sleep, usb, airdrop TB3, the lot.. and still is..
But I feel now I'm messing with my original USB & Flashed TB3 settings by using these 'generic' HackinDROM & OC config.. I'd probably be best adopting these methods, but fearful of going back to messy setup..
my config has been correctly changed and checked to suit the 0.7 - just these strange errors..

EDIT: All Cleared. Thank you.

Last edited:
@Feartech ocvalidate really is the best tool package. It saved my butt a while back when the parameters for ACPI/Patch changed but I had just copied and pasted my old Patch in.

@Feartech ocvalidate really is the best tool package. It saved my butt a while back when the parameters for ACPI/Patch changed but I had just copied and pasted my old Patch in.
I always run it after making the new changes before I boot from it :)

@CaseySJ
I have question re: flashing Z390 Designare Vision D with NVM50 (or any NVM for that matter), with stepwise instruction. Please let me know if this is a proper place for the question. I have other information re TB3/4 on Win platform that may be of interest to the community

@CaseySJ
I have question re: flashing Z390 Designare Vision D with NVM50 (or any NVM for that matter), with stepwise instruction. Please let me know if this is a proper place for the question. I have other information re TB3/4 on Win platform that may be of interest to the community
Sure this is the right place. But note that Z390 Designare and Z490 Vision D are different boards.

Back