Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Need some help here sages. Trying to install Catalina with the guides in this thread, but this is the error I'm getting. BIOS is configured correctly but I'm not sure I'm using the right EFI or doing the right thing with it in hackindrom although I've followed the guides to the T. Any guidance on what this error might mean?
Some questions:
  • Are you using Clover or OpenCore?
  • If OpenCore, are you running BIOS F9g or F9i from the Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1?
    • If so, is BIOS --> Boot --> CFG-Lock disabled?

Duh! Didn't have CFG-Lock Disabled, thanks!!!!

Try analyzing "IOService:/AppleACPIPLatformExpert/PCI0@0" tree with and without your PCI device connected

Thank you @Inqnuam ! I have found out that "PEG0, PEG1" both appear when I plug the card in. I have attached the address listed. How do I convert this info into a change in my config?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 5.50.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 5.50.07 PM.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 5.50.20 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 5.50.20 PM.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 26
Hey Gang, A little bit of a weird question, but how can I pass a PCIE device through so that Mac OS can see it?

In particular, I am running a stable OC 0.6.8 system on 11.3.1 and have an LSI 9207 that I have connected to a bunch of extra Bluray Drives that I need for a project. Windows has no issues seeing the drives, but I assume that I need to manually change something in my config file to do this. Is there some ID or number I can get from Hackintool or other to get this through?

Thanks as always.
The LSI 9207 might not be Mac-compatible. Can you post a link to the product?

Back