Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ
After a crash (Probably AirPods Pro caused the Bluetooth bug and crashed the PC), I was able to use Magic Keyboard 2 and Magic Mouse 2 wirelessly in BIOS! Is this normal?
I even record a video if you do not believe me, haha!

@CaseySJ
After a crash (Probably AirPods Pro caused the Bluetooth bug and crashed the PC), I was able to use Magic Keyboard 2 and Magic Mouse 2 wirelessly in BIOS! Is this normal?
I even record a video if you do not believe me, haha!
With a Fenvi or similar Broadcom-based WiFi/BT card, the Apple Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard 2 are expected to work in BIOS. However, because I don't have either of these devices, I've not been able to check this myself.

HackinDROM v1.1.1 RC2

• Fixed bugs you reported
  • Welcome window to choose your configuration
  • Notifications system is now working
  • NEW: Create Report EFI archive!: When Casey or someone else asks you your EFI folder just click to archive logo:
View attachment 509922
This will create a .zip file of your EFI without your config.plist Serials!

This one is maybe the release version!

@zgonda Resources and Tools are too fresh to include in this version, will be present in v1.1.2
@joostiphone same for User's selected folder you asked
@NorthAmTransAm Password storing, my current "developer" skills aren't enough good to implement it for the moment
@CaseySJ thanks for all test you made with private versions!!

EDIT:
Just found 2 bugs and fixed them in this new upload.
Uploaded again.
Awesome! This is coming along nicely. Some additional feedback:
  • When we select our motherboard and GPU, the button below that currently says Validate, but this has the wrong meaning. We should change the button name to Confirm or something synonymous.
  • When we select our GPU, our choices are AMD Series and Intel iGPU. However, "AMD Series" can be confusing because I first thought this meant AMD Ryzen CPU. So it would be better to change this to AMD GPU.
Additional issues:
  • When we mount an EFI partition with HackinDROM app, then unmount that partition from Finder, then click on HackinDROM app in menu bar, it still reports the EFI partition as "mounted". In the screenshots below we can see 3 EFI disks in Finder, but in HackinDROM we see 4 EFI mounts.
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.55.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.53.56 PM.png

• After unmounting all EFI partitions with Finder, we see that only 2 of 4 have been unmounted in HackinDROM app:
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.57.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.57.25 PM.png
  • After quitting and restarting HackinDROM app, it shows the correct status (all unmounted):
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.59.25 PM.png
  • When I mount all 4 EFI partitions with HackinDROM app, only the first 2 are shown as mounted, even though all 4 EFI partitions are on the Desktop.
    • Disk 1 (Sabrent) is the macOS Catalina disk
    • Disk 2 (SPCC M.2 PCIe SSD) is Big Sur
    • Disk 3 (SPCC SATA SSD) is Windows 10
    • Disk 4 (SPCC SATA SSD) is Ubuntu Linux
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 2.00.45 PM.png

Again, this app is coming along nicely so the issues above are not meant to discourage you! Just some beta test feedback.

• When we select our motherboard and GPU, the button below that currently says Validate, but this has the wrong meaning. We should change the button name to Confirm or something synonymous.
  • When we select our GPU, our choices are AMD Series and Intel iGPU. However, "AMD Series" can be confusing because I first thought this meant AMD Ryzen CPU. So it would be better to change this to AMD GPU.
Fixed!

When we mount an EFI partition with HackinDROM app, then unmount that partition from Finder, then click on HackinDROM app in menu bar, it still reports the EFI partition as "mounted". In the screenshots below we can see 3 EFI disks in Finder, but in HackinDROM we see 4 EFI mounts.
This is a bug that I introduced by myself and I don't remember how :banghead: Im working on in now!
the issues above are not meant to discourage you! Just some beta test feedback.
I'm very happy about your feedback. I can't go forward without feedback!

With a Fenvi or similar Broadcom-based WiFi/BT card, the Apple Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard 2 are expected to work in BIOS. However, because I don't have either of these devices, I've not been able to check this myself.
I have the Fenvi T919 WiFi/BT card which my Magic Mouse uses, and a Logitech Mac 750 keyboard using the Logitech USB wireless dongle. Both the Magic Mouse and Logitech keyboard work in the BIOS.

@CaseySJ,

Why there is no Z490 Vision G in the config list of HackinDROM.org?
Because “Vision G” and “Vision D” look so similar, I was worried that people would easily choose the wrong file. There are so many entries in the list that it’s easy to pick the wrong one. Because there are many more Vision D users than Vision G users, I thought it would be best to leave out Vision G.

However, we can consider two options to minimize confusion:
  • Perhaps @Inqnuam can modify the HackinDROM website to make that selection list easier. Maybe it can be a 2-part selection process: First select motherboard, then select the config file

• The new HackinDROM application (not website) is already structured like this. First you choose motherboard, then you choose GPU, and the app upgrades you automatically to latest version. But @Inqnuam could provide option to downgrade to earlier OpenCore version as well! Or to choose between Broadcom drivers (standard) or OpenIntelWireless drivers
Let’s revisit this issue once @Inqnuam has finished the first release of the new HackinDROM app. He’s very busy at the moment!

Reactions: jd6
I have the Fenvi T919 WiFi/BT card which my Magic Mouse uses, and a Logitech Mac 750 keyboard using the Logitech USB wireless dongle. Both the Magic Mouse and Logitech keyboard work in the BIOS.
Just noticed that thanks! I have to click click click and click click click again (or wait) before it comes responsive
Perhaps @Inqnuam can modify the HackinDROM website to make that selection list easier. Maybe it can be a 2-part selection process: First select motherboard, then select the config file
This is already in my list!
But @Inqnuam could provide option to downgrade to earlier OpenCore version as well!
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: I thought about this but at this moment I can't guarantee that downgrades can work fully. Maybe we should decide until which OC version downgrades are possible

He’s very busy at the moment!
Give my 10th coffee of the day!!

Because “Vision G” and “Vision D” look so similar, I was worried that people would easily choose the wrong file. There are so many entries in the list that it’s easy to pick the wrong one. Because there are many more Vision D users than Vision G users, I thought it would be best to leave out Vision G.

However, we can consider two options to minimize confusion:
  • Perhaps @Inqnuam can modify the HackinDROM website to make that selection list easier. Maybe it can be a 2-part selection process: First select motherboard, then select the config file

• The new HackinDROM application (not website) is already structured like this. First you choose motherboard, then you choose GPU, and the app upgrades you automatically to latest version. But @Inqnuam could provide option to downgrade to earlier OpenCore version as well! Or to choose between Broadcom drivers (standard) or OpenIntelWireless drivers
Let’s revisit this issue once @Inqnuam has finished the first release of the new HackinDROM app. He’s very busy at the moment!
ok super thnx

im looking forward to it download the app, by the way where can the app be downloaded on the HackinDROM site or somewhere els lik GitHub.....

I must say you guys do really great work to help others like this , HackinDROM is very nice made I m sure the app will be a great tool to have when Inqnuam finished it keep up the good work without people like you CaseySJ and Inqnuam and others Hackintosh was along gong

Last edited:
@casey Any update to why they Thunderbolt doesn't show up in Ethernet control panel , as discussed earlier in the thread with ApplesTB2 to Ethernet adapter in hack Z390?

Still cant use my audio card....Any fix in 11.3 beta?

Back