Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

HackinDROM v1.1.1 RC2

• Fixed bugs you reported
  • Welcome window to choose your configuration
  • Notifications system is now working
  • NEW: Create Report EFI archive!: When Casey or someone else asks you your EFI folder just click to archive logo:
View attachment 509922
This will create a .zip file of your EFI without your config.plist Serials!

This one is maybe the release version!

@zgonda Resources and Tools are too fresh to include in this version, will be present in v1.1.2
@joostiphone same for User's selected folder you asked
@NorthAmTransAm Password storing, my current "developer" skills aren't enough good to implement it for the moment
@CaseySJ thanks for all test you made with private versions!!

EDIT:
Just found 2 bugs and fixed them in this new upload.
Uploaded again.

I'm still searching where I can update OpenCore and save it to a folder of my choice. :) Can you give a hint? Thanks!

Hello!

I succesfully cloned Big Sur from 2012 Macbook Air.

My problem is that now it is not updatable, the installer says the update is damaged, download again, the same error it got when I tried to upload from Catalina to Big Sur.
(2012 Macbook Air was uploaded to Big Sur with Patched Sur which said the updates are going to be able through their app, should I try this on my Hackintosh?)

Glad to hear it. I may do the same on my 2012 MacBook Air.

I’ve not used DMClone. Instead, I recommend Carbon Copy Cloner from Bombich Software.

To make a bootable clone of a Hackintosh (not real Mac) we also need to mount EFI partition of the source and destination drives, then copy the EFI folder from source to destination.

Could you please help me?
Tom

Hello!

I succesfully cloned Big Sur from 2012 Macbook Air.

My problem is that now it is not updatable, the installer says the update is damaged, download again, the same error it got when I tried to upload from Catalina to Big Sur.
(2012 Macbook Air was uploaded to Big Sur with Patched Sur which said the updates are going to be able through their app, should I try this on my Hackintosh?)

Could you please help me?
Tom
Hello Tom,

You are trying to update Big Sur on an unsupported Mac. Although you were able to install Big Sur using a patch, perhaps it’s necessary to apply something similar when doing updates. Please pose this issue to the developer of the original patch.

In my previous reply I simply Googled for ways to install Big Sur on unsupported Macs, but I am not able to troubleshoot subsequent issues.

Update:
  • Instead of doing an update from System Preferences, try downloading and running the full installer using GibMacOS.

Last edited:
@casey Any update to why they Thunderbolt doesn't show up in Ethernet control panel , as discussed earlier in the thread with ApplesTB2 to Ethernet adapter in hack Z390?

Still cant use my audio card....Any fix in 11.3 beta?
I looked at the Aquantia 10GbE patch for third-party 10GbE NICs and found that the patch simply causes macOS to ignore the "Provider ID". Because macOS expects the Provider of 10GbE NIC to be Apple itself, the patch bypasses that check.

For the Apple Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter, however, the situation is more complicated. The logs in Big Sur show that macOS is unable to obtain the physical address of this product. There is no issue with Provider ID because the device is a genuine Apple product that works on my 2020 Apple MacBook Pro with the same version of Big Sur.

I have tried changing Thunderbolt Boot Support in BIOS and of course playing with SIP, but to no avail. Perhaps it requires Thunderbolt Security to be enabled? But that may prevent other (or all) devices from connecting.

Friday evening, I relocated my hackintosh from a Phanteks Evolv X case into a Lian-Li 011 Dynamic and replaced my Corsair H115 with a NZXT Kraken X73. I then mounted my current 7" Stats monitor to the frame of the case with 3M 2-sided automotive tape. To get the HDMI cable from my Radeon VII to the Stats display internally, I modified the rear drive cover with a Dremel. Here area few shots of the finished product:

tempImage1qEye0.jpg
tempImageEkL8Wh.jpg

Friday evening, I relocated my hackintosh from a Phanteks Evolv X case into a Lian-Li 011 Dynamic and replaced my Corsair H115 with a NZXT Kraken X73. I then mounted my current 7" Stats monitor to the frame of the case with 3M 2-sided automotive tape. To get the HDMI cable from my Radeon VII to the Stats display internally, I modified the rear drive cover with a Dremel. Here area few shots of the finished product:

View attachment 509996View attachment 509997
Lovely! Still waiting for the AliExpress 9.8" screen?

Lovely! Still waiting for the AliExpress 9.8" screen?
Unfortunately, yes. Current shipping status shows it arriving from China around March 3rd. :cry:

Unfortunately, yes. Current shipping status shows it arriving from China around March 3rd. :cry:
Is the back side of the case presentable (where the Dremeling took place)?

Back