Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The serial number will be key (along with the MLB, which is associated with the SN). The first 3 characters of the SN represent the manufacturing location (C02 is in China); the 4th digit is the year (Y = 1st half of 2019; Z, the 2nd half); the 5th character is the week of manufacture; the next 3 digits are unique to the SN; the last 4 characters represent the model, so the complete SN is LLLYMxxxMMMM.

For the 5th character, digits 1-9 are used to represent weeks 1 thru 9, while the characters C to Y (excluding A, E, I, O, U, and S), representing weeks 10 to 27. For devices manufactured in the second half of the year, add 26.

We'll soon be seeing numbers like C02YDxxxMMMM (12th week) and C02ZHxxxMMMM for later this year (40th week). Thus each location can produce up to 1000 unique computers per week of that model.

The model's last 4 can be used to check with Apple. Example: click this and you'll see the model LLDN (the last 4) of my laptop on which I'm typing. Substitute the MMMM for whatever model you wish to look up (http://support-sp.apple.com/sp/index?page=cpuspec&cc=MMMM). An iMac18,1 last four are H7JY; an 18,3 are J1GJ.

I've heard, but have read conflicting comments, that the MLB (17 char) can be = SN + 5 random characters.

So once we have the MMMM values for 19,x and at least one location, we can generate the SN and maybe the MLB.
Thank you for this info!

The MMMM values for 19,1 should be JV3N

The MMMM values for 19,2 should be JWDW

With that, I was able to make it show up as an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

But alas, it still detects it as an Unknown processor. So either I calculated a wrong MLB, which I did via using a script I found on github or, it's still expecting something else.

In the iMac18,x series, the iMac18,1 and iMac18,2 had the smaller 21.5" screens, while the iMac18,3 had the larger 27". But here you indicate that the iMac19,1 has the 27" and the iMac19,2 the 21.5"; is this accurate?

Nevertheless, using your info, I found the same results with the following variations of the last character (I don't know what this means):

2019 21.5” 4K
x = W, X, Y

2019 27” 5K results
y = N, P, Q, R, T, W, X, Y

In the iMac18,x series, the iMac18,1 and iMac18,2 had the smaller 21.5" screens, while the iMac18,3 had the larger 27". But here you indicate that the iMac19,1 has the 27" and the iMac19,2 the 21.5"; is this accurate?

Nevertheless, using your info, I found the same results with the following variations of the last character (I don't know what this means):

2019 21.5” 4K
x = W, X, Y

2019 27” 5K results
y = N, P, Q, R, T, W, X, Y
I took these values from 2 2019 iMac serial numbers. So they should be accurate.

But what's weird, is that what you said, should be accurate, according to Apple's own support documentation:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201634

But, yet, it looks like all geekbench results are returning 19,1 for the 27 inch
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?q=Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95

and 19,2 for the 21.5 inch.
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?q=Mac-63001698E7A34814

Last edited:
Somewhere in this thread I read "BCM94360CS REJECT" and that you should only use BCM94360CD or BCM94360CS2. The thread search function doesn’t work correctly, so I can’t find more infos about it now.
What is the reason why the BCM94360CS shouldn’t be used? I have it and it works. The Bluetooth range seems small, but it works (the card seems to ship with damaged USB header cables sometimes though). I had to add AirportBrcmFixup.kext, because I had crashes when using Airdrop. But this kext seems to have fixed it.
Are there more issues about the BCM94360CS which I just haven’t found out about yet?

Somewhere in this thread I read "BCM94360CS REJECT" and that you should only use BCM94360CD or BCM94360CS2. The thread search function doesn’t work correctly, so I can’t find more infos about it now.
What is the reason why the BCM94360CS shouldn’t be used? I have it and it works. The Bluetooth range seems small, but it works (the card seems to ship with damaged USB header cables sometimes though). I had to add AirportBrcmFixup.kext, because I had crashes when using Airdrop. But this kext seems to have fixed it.
Are there more issues about the BCM94360CS which I just haven’t found out about yet?
Last night I revised the build guide and removed the “reject” warnings. With the NO-CNVW kext installed, those cards should function properly.

Last night I revised the build guide and removed the “reject” warnings. With the NO-CNVW kext installed, those cards should function properly.
Thanks! I have removed the on-board Intel WiFi card from the board. Should I use the NO-CNVW anyway? And should the AirportBrcmFixup.kext be removed when using this?
[EDIT: Found the answer to this question in this thread one or two pages earlier! :))

Last edited:
I broken my audio (use mainboard audio).. after update 14.4

how can I fix?

I lost my audio....

help me plz....

Last edited:
I broken my audio (use mainboard audio).. after update 14.4

how can I fix?

I lost my audio....

help me plz....View attachment 395675
Please take a look at this section of the build guide:
Check the following:
  • FakeSMC, Lilu and AppleALC should be installed in /Library/Extensions. New versions were released a few days ago. Actually, all third party kexts should be installed in /Library/Extensions.
  • Rebuild kernel cache by running Kext Utility
  • In Clover Configurator, open your config.plist and check that System Parameters --> Inject Kexts is set to Detect.
If you need help editing the config.plist, please upload a copy (but remove your serial numbers from SMBIOS section).

Thanks! I have removed the on-board Intel WiFi card from the board. Should I use the NO-CNVW anyway? And should the AirportBrcmFixup.kext be removed when using this?
[EDIT: Found the answer to this question in this thread one or two pages earlier! :))
Just to clarify for everyone else:
  • You should keep the Intel CNVi WiFi/BT card installed in the motherboard.
  • SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml makes this card invisible to macOS. This allows other WiFi/BT cards (such as Fenvi FV-T919) to work correctly in a x1 slot.

Back