Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Cheers to those who developed the SSDTs for this board.

I use my RX 580 for macOS and can keep my 1080Ti in PCI-E slot 2 for gaming in Windows; macOS is 'blocked' from recognising PCI-E slot 2 so the 1080Ti isn't there as far as macOS is concerned. PCI-E 3.0 8x speeds don't bottleneck the 1080Ti, so running it this way is perfectly fine. I believe only the 2080Ti starts to get some minor bottlenecking from PCI-E 3.0 8x, but even then it's only by 3–5%.

For those doing the same (NVIDIA in slot 2), I found it best to set 'Initial Display Output' in Gigabyte UEFI to the NVIDIA slot 2 GPU and just disabling the RX580 completely in Device Manager.

Well, it's time for an update.
In my frustration at hosing my install I did a re-install and also took a drastic step. I ripped out the onboard Wifi/BT card.
TADA! My card is now working flawlessly. Bluetooth and Wifi are enabled and working (although airdrop still doesn't want to connect).
However now my headless setup is not working again and I cant export from Final Cut... ARGH!

Just did all this: reflashed to bios F4 loaded optimized deault used the guide in the 1st thread and still same problem.
What do you recommend I have to have in the efi clover? Perhaps its a bad configuration plist? What should I have in config.plist as good reference point for designare z390 and i9900k and have quick sync?

Update BIOS:
Now is F6.

I just disabled the igpu in the bios, it seems to clear so far that error. Weird...What can I do to have the igpu and not this error as I used the igpu for h264 export in fcpx.
Good thinking! Those Vega cards can be so much trouble during installation.

Have you completed the installation and post-installation without the Vega? Once Mojave is fully installed and running, make a full backup.

Then try to enable IGPU, set Initial Display Output to PCIe slot 1, and enable Above 4G Decoding.

If the system still shows “Couldn’t allocate runtime area” then compress and upload your CLOVER folder. You can also keep iGPU turned off, switch to SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 with headless platform ID, and use NoVAJpeg.kext to enable Preview/QuickLook. If you need assistance, just ask.

Well, it's time for an update.
In my frustration at hosing my install I did a re-install and also took a drastic step. I ripped out the onboard Wifi/BT card.
TADA! My card is now working flawlessly. Bluetooth and Wifi are enabled and working (although airdrop still doesn't want to connect).
However now my headless setup is not working again and I cant export from Final Cut... ARGH!
I’ll create an SSDT to properly render the CNVi invisible to macOS. Regarding headless configuration, feel free to post a compressed (and serial-number-masked) copy of your CLOVER folder.

Last edited:
I just disabled the igpu in the bios, it seems to clear so far that error. Weird...What can I do to have the igpu and not this error as I used the igpu for h264 export in fcpx.
I had the same problems with my setup. Same GPU, CPU and motherboard. My solution at present is to set the SMBIOS to iMacPro1.1 it solves the rendering problem in FCPX, but unfortunately without the iGPU.
I am waiting for the new iMac 2019 EMBIOS to become available in Clover, it might solve the problem with iGPU and quick sync because the new iMac uses both 9900k and vega graphics.

I’ll create an SSDT to properly render the CNVi invisible to macOS. Regarding headless configuration, feel free to post a compressed (and serial-number-masked) copy of your CLOVER folder.
Here is my Clover folder (Serial redacted).
I don't have anything different than the last time I had the iGPU working.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 102
Here is my Clover folder (Serial redacted).
I don't have anything different than the last time I had the iGPU working.
I assumed you had an RX580, but you have a Vega64. Would you mind updating your profile (Account Details) as follows:
  • CPU: I7-9700K ??
  • GPU: Radeon Vega64
Couple other minor inputs (which may not address the FCP problem):
  • If you're running 10.14.4, you may delete "device-id = 0x3E9B". The 9th-Gen IGPU is now natively supported.
  • Delete "-igfxfbdump" and replace it with "-disablegfxfirmware" (Boot arguments)
  • Enable both "Apple RTC" and "AppleIntelCPUPM" in Kernel and Kext Patches.
  • BIOS --> Initial Display Device --> PCIe Slot 1.
As @HenrikBo mentioned above, use of SMBIOS iMac19,2 or iMac19,3 may be a more suitable choice in a couple of weeks because it supports 9th-gen iGPU in combination with Vega graphics.

the first option is to hard for me , i think ill wait for the new patch
if you get any update please let me know
The new USB port limit patches for 10.14.4 are described here:

Back