Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

View attachment 395297
Right after I select mojave 10.14.1 I get this screen, but I I reboot the system then it boots great. This is a random thing. What could this mean ?
Please ensure that you have:
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in driversUefi64 folder.
  • "slide=0" in Clover Configurator --> Boot Arguments.

so far so good with your recommendation. I will keep you posted. THX 4 help
just restarted the pc again and the error showed up again. This is driving me nuts. Why does it work once and not the other.

yes I have this already in there. I dont get it: What I did is I had a perfect working hackintosh 8700k, no issues what so ever and igpu with vega64 with quick sync working. I then changed the hardware: motherboard and cpu to designare 390 and i9 9900k. I did not format the nvme and just put it in from old pc to this new pc. I started up using the guide but at random times when turning on the pc I will get the error that I mentioned with the screenshot. After I get that error I will press ctrl-alt-delete to restart and then the os x will load. Sometime also I have to restart 2-4 times but eventually os x will load. and other times on the first try the system os x will load. What could make it go on and off like that.

yes I have this already in there. I dont get it: What I did is I had a perfect working hackintosh 8700k, no issues what so ever and igpu with vega64 with quick sync working. I then changed the hardware: motherboard and cpu to designare 390 and i9 9900k. I did not format the nvme and just put it in from old pc to this new pc. I started up using the guide but at random times when turning on the pc I will get the error that I mentioned with the screenshot. After I get that error I will press ctrl-alt-delete to restart and then the os x will load. Sometime also I have to restart 2-4 times but eventually os x will load. and other times on the first try the system os x will load. What could make it go on and off like that.
I strongly advise against simply moving a Mojave SSD from machine A to machine B. Please see here for a similar experience:

When changing motherboard, you should do a fresh installation.

I strongly advise against simply moving a Mojave SSD from machine A to machine B. Please see here for a similar experience:

When changing motherboard, you should do a fresh installation.
But even if I start up using my usb installer I get this message. I just tried it.

But even if I start up using my usb installer I get this message. I just tried it.
I would understand this if I only started up with ssd but if I start from the usb installer then I still get the error. How would that work differently if I format the ssd.

The error "Couldn't allocate runtime area" is usually solved in 3 ways:
  • By using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and slide=0. But you already have this.
  • By shutting down the system, removing power plug for 10 seconds. This clears CMOS. If this also fails, then try next one.
  • Re-flash the BIOS and set BIOS parameters again, starting with "Load Optimized Defaults". There are 2 options for flashing BIOS. Choose the one on the RIGHT (the full update).

• By shutting down the system, removing power plug for 10 seconds. This clears CMOS. If this also fails, then try next one.
  • Re-flash the BIOS and set BIOS parameters again, starting with "Load Optimized Defaults". There are 2 options for flashing BIOS. Choose the one on the RIGHT (the full update).
Just did all this: reflashed to bios F4 loaded optimized deault used the guide in the 1st thread and still same problem.
What do you recommend I have to have in the efi clover? Perhaps its a bad configuration plist? What should I have in config.plist as good reference point for designare z390 and i9900k and have quick sync?

Just did all this: reflashed to bios F4 loaded optimized deault used the guide in the 1st thread and still same problem.
What do you recommend I have to have in the efi clover? Perhaps its a bad configuration plist? What should I have in config.plist as good reference point for designare z390 and i9900k and have quick sync?
I just disabled the igpu in the bios, it seems to clear so far that error. Weird...What can I do to have the igpu and not this error as I used the igpu for h264 export in fcpx.

Back