Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Narrowed it to Native Access. Chrome seems to be a Chrome issue. Got a new laptop last week and have chrome on 3 Macs now. Whenever I log into Chrome the third computer it logs out one of the others.

For Native Instruments plugins, every time I reboot and open Logic and try to open a plugin it says plugin not authorized. Open Native Access and instantly it says it's installed and all is fine. It's only ever happened on the Hackintosh. Maybe it has something to do with NI automatically cross referencing Apple's serial database? That specific problem has been going on for many months. So it may not be something I can fix at all. Not sure if anyone else has reported this problem

Used native instruments on 3 hackintoshes now first with service centre and now with Native Access and never had any issues with authorisation. Make sure you don’t change SMBIOS or UUID numbers in clover, or that does kill the authorisations.

Also watch out for any “Cleaner” software such as CCleaner or Clean My Mac. I had to add any Native Instruments folders to a whitelist otherwise it would lose the installation info and need to be redownloaded or relinked then authorised again. Also messed up any Output instruments that also use Native Access.

• Are you using Clover 5107/5108?
  • If so, try using a different Theme, such as Embedded or Tonymacx86.
    View attachment 460816
  • Regarding the multiple icons, my question is:
    • What are the names of those icons?
      • In other words, select the one on the left. What does Clover say? "Boot aaa from bbb"?
      • Then select the next one. What does Clover say? "Boot ccc from ddd"?
Ok there are 4 boot volumes or options

From left :-
1. Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot
2. Boot macOs Install Prebooter from Preboot
3. Boot macOs from Mojave
4. Boot Recovery from Recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is known bug in the new theme renderer introduced 5109. Fix is in progress. Cosmetic issue, revert to 5108 or wait for 5110.
Yeah even after setting themes in clover configurator, still its the same colour. I will wait for 5110.

This may be a long shot, but try copying the attached file to CLOVER/ACPI/patched and reboot.
Thanks, I tried, but it isn't working. I don't understand why the sleep issue only happened on me even though my build is the same as others. It looks like that there is no difference between my build and the build from mini-guide. It's so weird!

OpenCore Beta Test Volunteer :)
I've installed EFI OC NDK-OpenCore-0.5.7 and the situation :
-Double boot Windows-macOs : OK with graphical picker (is it possible to change it or manage ?)
-Thunderbolt 3 (LG 5K ultrafine), Samsung X5, eGpu Sonnet with vega 64, eGpu Blackmagic 580 : OK
-native Nvram : OK
-iCloud, iMessage, etc. : OK
-Canal + (i'm French but I think you had understood !!;), Netflix, etc. via Safari : OK
-DRM TV : OK
-Handoff : OK
-Dévérouillage AppleWatch : no OK (idem Clover for me)
-Sound : OK
-Ethernet, Wifi, BT (Fenvi): OK
-Sidecar : no Ok (iMacPro1,1 Smbios used, idem Clover)

I think the boot is faster than Clover (an idea !?)

I'm very happy !! And I'm a fanatic of MISTER Casey for all his work, in particular his help and the quality of his mini guides and his real expertise.
One thing, however: I would like him to find a solution to modify the thunderbolt firmware with software ...:D:D

Last edited:
10MB photo
Please edit your post and resize the photo to 1024 in x or y. That photo is a whopping 10MB!

If you search this thread for “Couldn’t allocate runtime” you’ll find a large number of relevant posts.

Last edited:
Thanks, I tried, but it isn't working. I don't understand why the sleep issue only happened on me even though my build is the same as others. It looks like that there is no difference between my build and the build from mini-guide. It's so weird!
What devices are connected to F_USB header on motherboard? The Fenvi is one; are there any others?

If you move the Fenvi to the middle long slot, does sleep and reboot work?

Installing 10.15.4 from scratch or updating to 10.15.4 from an earlier version can be very tricky. The procedure I summarized in the Mini-Guide may or may not work on other boards. But one of the key steps is to use config-AMD-GPU.plist from the ZIP file and copy your existing RtVariables and SMBIOS sections into it.

If you're updating to 10.15.4 (not a fresh install) then please see Plan C:

Thanks for your detail reply. I tried creating a new clover USB and after numerous trial and error I have recognized a simple solution.

Switching off InjectAti.

And everything is working fine again. Hope it may help anyone stucked by this. Do you have any idea for the reason behind? Thanks

Some other things to check:
  • Did you switch SMBIOS recently?
  • Did you move from Clover to OpenCore or vice-versa?
  • Has your SystemUUID changed (in SMBIOS) intentionally or accidentally?
  • Has your Board Serial Number changed intentionally or accidentally?
  • Has your main Serial number changed intentionally or accidentally?
  • Does the problem occur with any of Apple's services such as iCloud, Messages, FaceTime, App Store, Music Store, etc.?
  • Or does it happen only with third-party apps?
CaseySJ--I've never understood the significance of Board Serial Number. could you pls give us a quick lesson as to its significance and information on if and how to generate it? thanks!

Last edited:
Guys, I ran into a Freeze/Wake/Sleep problem lately. I am still on 10.15.2. Everything worked very well. No changes, no updates besides installing Audotdesk Fusion 360. I did everything as summed up in #11918 here (cloverwise, energy saving preferences, and USB hardware disconnected) but still when I dont touch the computer it freezes after some minutes. When I do somethin this does not happen. Problem is I cant let it e.g. copy a larger file to a hard drive etc. cause it would freeze.

Any Ideas how to proceed would be very appreciated. I was not really able to follow this thread for a while since it is growing so quickly but as I understood from the fist post we are already on 10.15.3 resp. 10.15.4 and OC is really a thing to consider meanwhile. Should I do a fresh install? I of course got the clean backup.

Thank you

Last edited:
Back