Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I removed the photo instead. Yes there are a large number of posts relating to this issue. As I've gone thru about 6 of them now and I still have the same issue.
Thank you for removing the image. As an aside, most video streaming services have reduced their bit rates in order to avoid network congestion during the pandemic. For a few days I was using a metered cellular hotspot to access this site, so every byte counted.

Anyway, please post a screenshot of your CLOVER folder with the drivers and/or drivers64UEFI folders expanded. The problem may be due to an incorrect UEFI memory driver or more than one memory driver.

It may also be necessary to perform a CMOS Reset by shorting two pins on the motherboard as explained in the Designare user's manual. After a CMOS Reset we need to (a) configure all BIOS parameters again starting with Load Optimized Defaults, and (b) check and re-unlock MSR 0xE2 if and only if you had previously unlocked it. ** Do NOT do this yet; let's look at your CLOVER folder first. **

Last edited:
Thank you for removing the image. As an aside, most video streaming services have reduced their bit rates in order to avoid network congestion during the pandemic. For a few days I was using a metered cellular hotspot to access this site, so every byte counted.

Anyway, please post a screenshot of your CLOVER folder with the drivers and/or drivers64UEFI folders expanded. The problem may be due to an incorrect UEFI memory driver or more than one memory driver.

It may also be necessary to perform a CMOS Reset by shorting two pins on the motherboard as explained in the Designare user's manual. After a CMOS Reset we need to (a) configure all BIOS parameters again starting with Load Optimized Defaults, and (b) check and re-unlock MSR 0xE2 if and only if you had previously unlocked it. ** Do NOT do this yet; let's look at your CLOVER folder first. **

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.13.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.13.03 PM.png
    547 KB · Views: 57
This was the original before I tried the OsQuirk-4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.15.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.15.25 PM.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 58
Only Fenvi is connected to F_USB header. When I move the Fenvi to the middle long slot, it did not show WIFI (also did not work). By the way, reboot is no problem even if Fenvi is plugged. Once Fenvi is plugged in, it looks like sleep=shutdown which means RAM has no power supplied. After sleep and shutdown operation, it requires clicking power switch on the case at least twice to boot the system!
View attachment 461018View attachment 461019
Is that a Corsair all-in-one liquid cooler? If so, does it have a USB connection?

At this point it may be a good idea to install the card back into the bottom PCIe x1 slot and perform a CMOS Reset by shorting two pins on the motherboard as explained in the Designare user's manual. After a CMOS Reset we need to (a) configure all BIOS parameters again starting with Load Optimized Defaults, and (b) check and re-unlock MSR 0xE2 if and only if you had previously unlocked it.

This was the original before I tried the OsQuirk-4
The original is incorrect because it's missing OcQuirks.plist.

If you're running Mojave, then OcQuirks-4.efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi should be sufficient. But one can also try OcQuirks Revision 20 by downloading the file OcQuirks-20.1.zip from the bottom of the Catalina 10.15.4 mini-guide and copy all three of the included files into CLOVER/drivers/UEFI (be sure to delete the current OcQuirks-4 and FwRuntimeServices before copying the new files).

Sorry.. I forgot to copy the plist back in. I tried the OcQuirks-20.1.zip. Here is where I'm at now.

Attachments

• IMG_7179.jpg
    IMG_7179.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
Sorry.. I forgot to copy the plist back in. I tried the OcQuirks-20.1.zip. Here is where I'm at now.
Please post a screenshot of the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

By the way, which guide are you following for upgrading from Mojave to Catalina? Have you seen this:

Please post a screenshot of the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

By the way, which guide are you following for upgrading from Mojave to Catalina? Have you seen this:
That is the guide I've been following.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.03.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.03.38 PM.png
    247.9 KB · Views: 66
That is the guide I've been following.
The screenshot looks fine. The boot log shows 10 ACPI table load failures, which probably means we're overlooking something very simple.
  • What stage of the upgrade process are you in? Has Catalina been installed yet or are you trying to boot into Mojave after having removed Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions?
  • Please post the config.plist from EFI partition of the

Still trying to boot into Mojave (already removed the kexts as that was pretty much step 1).

Attachments

• config.plist
    23.1 KB · Views: 71
Back