Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

that's what i was afraid of. i guess it time to sell the displays.
Unfortunately this won't happen. Intel already closed the book on it. Apple Thunderbolt Display is nice, but the world has moved on... :)

When a plugin, Dropbox, Google or other account issues the reauthorization-needed message, how do you get the message?
  • When launching the plugin or when system auto-logs on to Dropbox, Google, etc.?
  • Does the message appear in a macOS notification box or from the plugin or app itself?
  • Do you suspect some kind of malware or phishing infection where someone is trying to steal your passwords?
If you post a screenshot from 2 or 3 different apps/accounts showing the message, we can see if someone has any suggestions.
Narrowed it to Native Access. Chrome seems to be a Chrome issue. Got a new laptop last week and have chrome on 3 Macs now. Whenever I log into Chrome the third computer it logs out one of the others.

For Native Instruments plugins, every time I reboot and open Logic and try to open a plugin it says plugin not authorized. Open Native Access and instantly it says it's installed and all is fine. It's only ever happened on the Hackintosh. Maybe it has something to do with NI automatically cross referencing Apple's serial database? That specific problem has been going on for many months. So it may not be something I can fix at all. Not sure if anyone else has reported this problem

@CaseySJ Hi Casey, Well went the route of doing a total backup of Mojave ... then a total wipe of my SSD to load Catalina 10.15.1 ... then got my system stable and backed up my Catalina 10.15.1 and then did an upgrade to Catalina 10.15.4 ... anyone doing this on the fly upgrade need to have the upgrade work thru the restart and then pick (Pre-boot load) option on Clover ... then let it go through its 12-15 minute upgrade. For me my system completed and then shut down but when I restarted I chose the Catalina 10.15.1 selection and it restarted my machine then asking me to set up SIRI and then doing a window for machine setup. Then I was able to login with my userid and password automatically and now it shows Catalina 10.15.4 version .. here is my stats also

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.58.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.58.21 PM.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.53.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.53.43 PM.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 8.04.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 8.04.10 PM.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 88
@CaseySJ For your list, if applicable!

UAD LUNA with an Apollo x16 and Apollo Twin MK2 are running great, save for a few software bugs.

LUNA is dependent on the hardware so its good to see patched firmware and full nodes working like they should. Not to mention I love the software.

I am on OpenCore 0.5.7. Have a problem sending larger files through the messages app. Normal messages (text) and things like screenshots go though iMessage (or sms) without issue, but larger files end up with red circle and "Not Delivered" msg. I have to send these from my real Mac. Anybody has experienced this? My FaceTime works as expected.

Yes, amazingly they are. I'm still waiting for it to freeze, but it hasn't yet. I've been so screwed by this machine for months, I still can't believe it's working now. Haha.

Great to hear! I’m looking forward to trying that and I’ll let you know how it goes.

I’m using a RME UFX+ and I’ll put it through a set of tests this weekend!
Lam

Unfortunately this won't happen. Intel already closed the book on it. Apple Thunderbolt Display is nice, but the world has moved on... :)
I may have a very convoluted way to make an Apple Thunderbolt Display work with the Designare TB3. I’ll test tomorrow and if it works I’ll draw up a diagram.

Tried the 10.15.4 supplemental update several times...preboot partition shows up as well as install partition but about 3 seconds after booting from either, after the initial reboot of the update, ends up with a white stop sign and the installer won't proceed. Anyone experience this with the update?

EDIT: never mind: I booted my system with my other boot partition and it somehow automatically booted into the pro boot partition on the non-updating drive and started and then finished the update normally! Not sure why the first drive wouldn't do it, but it's all good now. Thanks!

Last edited:
Please enable Verbose mode and try to boot again into Mojave, as follows:
  • Insert the USB flash disk and press F12 at BIOS splash screen to select the USB.
  • At the Clover Boot Menu, press space bar, then use arrow keys to select Verbose and press space bar to toggle it on.
  • Press ESC to return to main Clover Boot Menu.
  • Select Boot macOS from Mojave.
  • What error do you see?

Last edited:
For Native Instruments plugins, every time I reboot and open Logic and try to open a plugin it says plugin not authorized. Open Native Access and instantly it says it's installed and all is fine. It's only ever happened on the Hackintosh. Maybe it has something to do with NI automatically cross referencing Apple's serial database? That specific problem has been going on for many months. So it may not be something I can fix at all. Not sure if anyone else has reported this problem
Type in a cpu frequency in clover and the reauth after boot will stop. google "Native Access resets Kontakt 5 libraries to demo mode" if you want to read discussion about it

Back