Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Sure... It is easier if you do this:
  • Open the SSDT in the Micro-Guide using MacIASL.
  • On the left side is a hierarchical list of devices and sub-devices.
  • You can expand that until you find RP05 --> UPSB --> DSB0 --> NHI0 or you can just scroll the main window on the right side until you see ThunderboltDROM.
  • Then modify bytes 3-7 directly there, calculate new CRC8 checksum, and enter that in the first byte position.
  • Then select File --> Save.
  • You're done.
  • Copy the file to CLOVER/ACPI/patched and remove the previous Thunderbolt SSDT.
Awesome, thanks so much!

I did exactly this, saved, rebooted and system information shows me the same thing with a different Domain UUID.

Is it supposed to behave differently?

I'm using a Startech TB3 to TB adapter.

Here's my ACPI folder:

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 22.47.29.png

Now you know why we keep stressing the need to make backups. Please read the Easy Bootable Backup guide (see Post #1) and make a backup of the system as soon as it's recovered.

Suggestion for Recovery:

Follow the micro-guide linked here, as follows:
  • Start at bullet #3 which says "Boot into Mojave and delete..."
  • Stop at third bullet from the bottom which says "Now attempt an in-place upgrade from..."
    • Perform the steps prior to this one, but do not do this step.
Let us know if you're able to boot back in. Then I can offer some concluding suggestions.
created bootable USB stick using the steps, But Stuck at the Apple Logo after pressing Boot MacOs From Mojave

Please keep in mind that the size of the backup disk does not need to be the same as the original disk. The size of the backup disk, instead, should be at least as large as the Used space on the source disk.

For example, my Test Bench has a 256GB NVMe SSD, but only 71GB is Used. Therefore, a backup disk can be as small as 128GB (or even 96GB if those are available).

View attachment 460199
Thanks.....i will do as suggested after my system gets back to working condition.

Awesome, thanks so much!

I did exactly this, saved, rebooted and system information shows me the same thing with a different Domain UUID.

Is it supposed to behave differently?

I'm using a Startech TB3 to TB adapter.

Here's my ACPI folder:

View attachment 460203
Please post the following:
  • Full screenshot of System Information --> Thunderbolt. You may hide UID. Just check if UID is not all 0.
  • Screenshot of IORegistryExplorer with the device tree on left side scrolled down to RP05.
  • Output from the following command in Terminal:
    Bash:
    log show --last boot | grep IOThunderboltFamily > ~/Documents/TB3.txt
  • This will create a file in Documents folder called TB3.txt. Upload that file.

created bootable USB stick using the steps, But Stuck at the Apple Logo after pressing Boot MacOs From Mojave
Okay, let's boot into Recovery. To keep things simple, first remove the new USB flash disk and boot directly from the macOS SSD. At the Clover Boot Menu, choose Recovery. Does it start?

If so, run Terminal and type:
Bash:
ls -l /Volumes

Please post the following:
  • Full screenshot of System Information --> Thunderbolt. You may hide UID. Just check if UID is not all 0.
  • Screenshot of IORegistryExplorer with the device tree on left side scrolled down to RP05.
  • Output from the following command in Terminal:
    Bash:
    log show --last boot | grep IOThunderboltFamily > ~/Documents/TB3.txt
  • This will create a file in Documents folder called TB3.txt. Upload that file.
Here you go.

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 22.59.53.png
Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 22.58.52.png

Attachments

• TB3.txt
    190 bytes · Views: 69
Okay, let's boot into Recovery. To keep things simple, first remove the new USB flash disk and boot directly from the macOS SSD. At the Clover Boot Menu, choose Recovery. Does it start?

If so, run Terminal and type:
Bash:
ls -l /Volumes
Yes it started, from the utilties menu i started terminal and typed the commands and got these

Attachments

• 15862035183616900476379319248412.jpg
    15862035183616900476379319248412.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 71
Yes it started, from the utilties menu i started terminal and typed the commands and got these
Ok, let's do this:
Bash:
ls -l /Volumes/Mojave/Library/Extensions

I just noticed that you are using iMac Pro 1.1. Change CMBIOS to iMac 19.1 from this topic. Perhaps this will solve your problem.

Been down that road many times already. Makes no difference unfortunately.

Back