Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please compress and post the CLOVER folder from USB flash disk. You may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section of config.plist before posting.
Also, do I need to change anything in the EFI partition of the internal SSD. (I can do so in the safe mode-enabled the EFI mounting.) I haven't changed anything in that EFI partition after the Kernel panic started happening and started making the bootable USB disk, etc.

Please copy serial numbers into the attached config.plist, copy it to the CLOVER folder of the USB flash disk, and try booting from this. Press F12 at BIOS splash screen and select the USB disk. Then at Clover Boot Menu, select Boot macOS from Mojave.
ok let me do that..

Also do i need to change anything in the EFI partition of the internal SSD(i can do so in the safe mode-enabled the efi mounting). i haven't changed anything in that EFI partition after the Kernal panic started happening and started making the bootable USB disk etc.
At this time let's leave the internal EFI partition alone. If the USB disk can boot the system, then we can update the internal EFI.

Please copy serial numbers into the attached config.plist, copy it to the CLOVER folder of the USB flash disk, and try booting from this. Press F12 at BIOS splash screen and select the USB disk. Then at Clover Boot Menu, select Boot macOS from Mojave.
Good news. Successfully Booted from the USB flash Disk. Now iam at my desktop

Good news. Successfully Booted from the USB flash Disk. Now iam at my desktop
Great! Please check the following first:
  • iCloud --> any issues opening System Preferences --> iCloud?
  • Any problems with FaceTime or Messages?
  • Any problems with App Store?
If the serial number in About this Mac is correct, then:
  • Mount EFI partition of internal Mojave SSD.
  • Backup the existing EFI folder (you can just copy the whole EFI folder to your Documents or Downloads folder).
    • Then delete the entire EFI folder from the EFI partition and empty the trash.
  • Mount EFI partition of USB flash disk.
    • Copy the entire EFI partition from USB flash disk to EFI partition of Mojave SSD.
  • Safely eject the USB flash disk.
  • Reboot directly from Mojave SSD.
  • Does it work?
If it works: MAKE A FULL SYSTEM BACKUP as soon as parts arrive! :)

@canyondust, I can't read/write a private mail (<75 posts)

The bios f22i is by Gigabyte with option "CFG Lock Disabled". In my mod I opened a hidden options of Thunderbolt (GPIO 3 Force Pwr, etc).

Cool, thanks for the response! I've just being modifying the bios with a grub shell, but a fully modified bios with all options present in the GUI is WAY nicer :) Sidenote: I'm actively following this thread and have a Pi 3B so if headway is made on the Z170-UD5 TH I'll do what I can to verify the results. (just need amazon to deliver the SOIC clip :) )

• Backup the existing EFI folder (you can just copy the whole EFI folder to your Documents or Downloads folder).
    • Copy the entire EFI partition from USB flash disk to EFI partition of Mojave SSD.
  • Does it work?
replaced the EFI folder in internal SSD, Now the system is Booting from the Internall SSD fine. But now my HWMonitor is showing one of my Internal Hard drive is overheating(45 degree C and the other as 43 degree C)(i have two Rotary Hard drives).
Also Do i have to install any kexts to the lib\Extensions of SSD

• Does it work?
between what did you do to my Clover folder.?

replaced the EFI folder in internal SSD, Now the system is Booting from the Internall SSD fine. But now my HWMonitor is showing one of my Internal Hard drive is overheating(45 degree C and the other as 43 degree C)(i have two Rotary Hard drives).
That is a different issue; not related to Clover boot loader.
Also Do i have to install any kexts to the lib\Extensions of SSD
The direction now is to install all kexts only into CLOVER/kexts/Other.
between what did you do to my Clover folder.?
You can compare the old and the new Clover folders. The significant change I made is to re-enable KernelPM and AppleIntelCPUPM. Your MSR 0xE2 register is locked, so these checkboxes must be enabled.

That is a different issue; not related to Clover boot loader.

The direction now is to install all kexts only into CLOVER/kexts/Other.

You can compare the old and the new Clover folders. The significant change I made is to re-enable KernelPM and AppleIntelCPUPM. Your MSR 0xE2 register is locked, so these checkboxes must be enabled.
So from now onwards i dont need to install any new kexts to L\E, i can copy those to Internal SSD EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. ?
also is there any thread i can follow to fix the sensor issue. I think i may have lost some sensor reading kexts or something.

Back