Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thank you for sharing. Actually too many changes and finally it's unclear what exactly helped you out as many of them are not related directly with each another. So it's impossible to tell what actually solved the issue on your case.

On Z390 Desginare the "Fix AsRock Z390 BIOS DSDT Device(RTC) bug" is useless as Clover boot log reports that pattern not found.

I was using the onboard Wifi chip by replacing it with a DW1560 and sleep wouldn't work - so I had to replace the SSDT RTC0 with SSDT AWAC to get sleep to work.
Later I added a PCI wireless card and disabled the onboard one in BIOS - I started getting sleep issues. To remediate I had to delete the onboard port definition in port-map. Just to reset everything I also did Reset BIOS to factory; reset NVRAM; delete sleep image and then reboot. This solved for me.
Lesson learned - proper USB port definition is key to getting sleep to work.

Lesson learned - proper USB port definition is key to getting sleep to work.

There are many factors which actually affect the sleep. Proper USB configuration is one of them but not the only one. I'm actually investigating darkwake behaviour which is part of XNU. You can read more about there:

I used the mini guide on a ibuypower custom built with the designare board and sleep (and actually everything) works perfectly. It is set up as an i9 KF so no IGPU and uses iMac Pro and the Fenvi card.

There are many factors which actually affect the sleep. Proper USB configuration is one of them but not the only one. I'm actually investigating darkwake behaviour which is part of XNU. You can read more about there:

I used Casey's Catalina Mini Guide and implemented it on a ibuypower PC which I configured with the Designare board

Idle Sleep issue on macOS 10.15.2

There seems to be an Idle Sleep issue on macOS 10.15.2. When you reboot computer and log in, it goes into idle sleep if computer is not used during the time defined in Energy Saver settings. But once you wake the computer, it doesn't go into Idle Sleep anymore again, only display goes off, but comp remains to work.

Interestingly before the first idle sleep there no background task named "com.apple.parsec-fbf.flush", but after wake "com.apple.parsec-fbf.flush" appears in assertions list. Killing process from Activity Monitor doesn't help as it's revived again. Using terminal command launchctl unload, will kill process properly and Idle Sleep works again.

Code:
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.parsec-fbf.plist

After running terminal code above, the com.apple.parsec-fbf.flush background task doesn't appear anymore after wake.

I discovered this issue when wanted to test various darkwake settings. See more here:

I also figured out that similar issue was reported there too:

Can anyone confirm similar behaviour on macOS 10.15.2?

Last edited:
Happy New Year to all!!

I'm still having problems getting SideCar working well. It's choppy and pixelated

I installed the Fenvi 919 card to see if it was the m1200 card, nope.

Then I tried to use the internal display, it wouldn't show the boot screen.
I do have HEVC active according to VideoProc Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 10.40.59 PM.png

This is the last piece I need to get fixed.

Other than this , the machine is exceeding my expectations.

Thanks in advance.

mdr

Hi,

My first message here.

I just wanted to report that I followed this guide, rather stupidly, without understanding what I was doing, and everything worked flawlessly. I tested a lot of things, but I cannot find anything that doesn't work on my Hackintosh. I even can use Side-Car (I'm into graphics/painting, so it's a big deal for me) when this didn't work on my mid-2014 MBP (incompatible BT chip).
So, big thanks ! :)

Now that I know that everything *can* work, I want to learn how to do it myself from scratch.

Background : Mac user since 1991, I have been using only Macs since the switch to Intel in 2005. I was waiting for a reasonable MacPro, but since I cannot justify 6000€, and the other options are all glued-up cases and welded chips, I decided to go the Hackintosh way from now on.
My setup :
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
Intel i7-9700K
Gigabyte GV-RX590 8GB
4x Corsaire Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 XMP 2.0
2TB Seagate FireCuda 510 M.2
+ some HDDs

I've been having trouble getting Side Car to work well without pixelation and choppy movement.
Any ideas ? Did yours just work right away?

thanks
mdr

I've been having trouble getting Side Car to work well without pixelation and choppy movement.
Any ideas ? Did yours just work right away?

thanks
mdr

Why you don't read the post #1 of current thread and educate yourself before posting?

Actually both of your messages are quite non-informative as you do not provide any useful information to help you. According to your profile you have RX 580 Pulse 8GB installed, which leads to the question, which GPU you actually want to use? IGPU or dedicated AMD GPU? If you want to get the best out of your dedicated AMD GPU then IGPU should be disabled and iMacPro SMBIOS used. SideCar doesn't work with iMacPro SMBIOS currently and you need some iMac SMBIOS for that. So please read the #1 post, which provides instructions.

When I first assembled my Hackintosh, NVMe SSD prices weren't as low as they are today. So I opted for a 256GB module to accommodate macOS and my applications, and purchased a 1TB SATA SSD for my home folder, which was already 550GB or so from my 2008 Mac Pro 3,1.

That seemed like a good compromise between price and capacity and performance. I wanted the OS to boot quickly and for applications to launch quickly, hence the PCIe NVMe. But my data files were relatively small files -- just a whole bunch of them. So putting them on a SATA SSD made sense.

Today, I find that this kind of separation still makes sense. It allows me to use cheap 256GB SATA SSDs for creating bootable backups (which do not contain my home folder) and the backup finishes more quickly. In fact, I have multiple bootable backups on multiple 256GB SATA SSDs.

I use Acronis TrueImage to backup my home folder to a NAS drive. And I have a TimeMachine backup disk as well. And the NAS drive is itself backed up to a 12TB Western Digital spinning hard drive that is stored off-site.
Thank you for the info. I agree, it makes sense to have the home folder on a separate drive. Does doing that mean apps and settings don't need to be reinstalled though if I'm reinstalling from scratch? I find the most time consuming thing of reinstalling from scratch is all the little customizations of the OS. Better touch tool, keyboard shortcuts, mouse settings, printers, etc. Is redoing any of that avoided by having the home folder on a different drive?

Back