Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Just tried a fresh install again @CaseySJ. I still got a CPU halted, and it shut down. I've attached a video of the Verbose fully and of the Clover folder. I got thru the install completely. It was, when I tried to boot the welcome GUI, that it halts. I am able to get thru install GUI, both boots and then not into the welcome for some reason.

I installed on a new NVMe. I flashed the BIOS to f8 clean.
I set up the BIOS settings from post 1.
I created new USB installer with 10.15.2.
I used Clover 5100.
I installed with option.
I used newest fresh install folder info.
Config with AMD gpu config file
I added the serial to SMBIOS & Rtvariables.

Also tried with/without XMP.

Any idea what could be causing all this?

Just in case the video is hard to see, I believe this is all the verbose that shows.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 140
  • E5BCD621-F18F-4D47-BE24-FCA067E977EF.png
    E5BCD621-F18F-4D47-BE24-FCA067E977EF.png
    10.9 MB · Views: 138
  • 6B37973B-3F52-4B42-945A-8D8851E8DBC2.png
    6B37973B-3F52-4B42-945A-8D8851E8DBC2.png
    11.4 MB · Views: 132
  • DF721140-1741-4328-8649-2A01D5BC1A8A.png
    DF721140-1741-4328-8649-2A01D5BC1A8A.png
    11.7 MB · Views: 118
  • DD89149B-171E-420D-BD33-1CF0BB0D1125.png
    DD89149B-171E-420D-BD33-1CF0BB0D1125.png
    11.6 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Just tried a fresh install again @CaseySJ. I still got a CPU halted, and it shut down. I've attached a video of the Verbose fully and of the Clover folder. I got thru the install completely. It was, when I tried to boot the welcome GUI, that it halts. I am able to get thru install GUI, both boots and then not into the welcome for some reason.

I installed on a new NVMe. I flashed the BIOS to f8 clean.
I set up the BIOS settings from post 1.
I created new USB installer with 10.15.2.
I used Clover 5100.
I installed with option.
I used newest fresh install folder info.
Config with AMD gpu config file
I added the serial to SMBIOS & Rtvariables.

Also tried with/without XMP.

Any idea what could be causing all this?

My luck has been astounding! lol

@CaseySJ. Hi! When I run the Clover installer to create the Catalina (yes, I am using the mini guide), I get an error from the installer that says, "Cannot install without ensuring the file system is read-write". Why do I get this error and can it be fixed?

SIP Issue.
Boot into Recovery Mode (while your Mac is starting, press and hold Command + R. Open Terminal (Utilities -> Terminal) and type csrutil disable and press Enter. You can restart now. After you use Clover, you can enable it with csrutil enable.

I think I'm not allowed to say how I did it but I'll send you a PM
UPDATE: nevermind I can't send PMs yet... search on Google for "HackBeast GA Z390 DESIGNARE - Thunderbolt - Full DSDT patches - Clover - OpenCore" and something should come up
Is it the one made for user "Florin_"?

Nevermind. I found the full EFI Folder. Will test that soon.
Are you using OC as your daily driver? Is your NVRAM working well?

Last edited:
@CaseySJ. Hi! When I run the Clover installer to create the Catalina (yes, I am using the mini guide), I get an error from the installer that says, "Cannot install without ensuring the file system is read-write". Why do I get this error and can it be fixed?
Are you clicking on Change Install Location... and selecting the USB flash disk? Has the USB flash disk already been format with Scheme = GUID Partition Map?

My luck has been astounding! lol
Okay, let's review hardware:
  • What is the size of your power supply? 750W?
  • Have you connected the 8-pin CPU power cable to ATX_12V_2X4?
  • Did you apply a pea-sized amount of thermal paste before installing the CPU Cooler?
  • Is the CPU temperature normal? This can be checked in BIOS Setup.

SIP Issue.
Boot into Recovery Mode (while your Mac is starting, press and hold Command + R. Open Terminal (Utilities -> Terminal) and type csrutil disable and press Enter. You can restart now. After you use Clover, you can enable it with csrutil enable.

Thanks! That was exactly the problem!

Okay, let's review hardware:
  • What is the size of your power supply? 750W?
  • Have you connected the 8-pin CPU power cable to ATX_12V_2X4?
  • Did you apply a pea-sized amount of thermal paste before installing the CPU Cooler?
  • Is the CPU temperature normal? This can be checked in BIOS Setup.

-PSU is 750w
-I did apply thermal paste to cpu before placing cooler back on.
- I have a connected the 8 pin to ATX_12V_2X4
I also have the 2x2 connected
And yes temps are normal

Are you clicking on Change Install Location... and selecting the USB flash disk? Has the USB flash disk already been format with Scheme = GUID Partition Map?
It was a simple SIP issue and someone else on this thread told me how to disable it with csrutil so it worked, thanks though

Last edited:
@CaseySJ

Hey Casey, thank you for all you did for me but I decide to buy the ASUS prime deluxe II and it works very well ! I just don't manage to get the built-in AQ11C 5Gbe and the thubderbolt hotplug to work yet but without this it's perfect !

Thank you !

Back