Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes 32 GB (4*8)
stroke of luck, after many trials, I have both : memory forced at 2666 and two Ethernet ports... But I think I'm lucky !!

OK, don't wanna heist the thread (again), but I used a DSDT I found online (just for testing), and I have working NVRAM on OC now... I'll have to look into this further!
Can you share that DSDT? Or point me to it? I have a working OC 0.5.3 with Catalina, but really can't live without working NVRAM.

Hi,

How can I easily switch from OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 to OcQuirks-4 and FwRuntimeService?
I can't find a (mini) guide?

thanx

Hi,

How can I easily switch from OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 to OcQuirks-4 and FwRuntimeService?
I can't find a (mini) guide?

thanx
That doesn't look to be a guide specific to this build setup. I understand that the instructions are there for figuring it out, but that is not what was asked.
I've added a new section to the main guide that provides a link to the mini-guide. Please see:

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 12.28.48 PM.png

Can you share that DSDT? Or point me to it? I have a working OC 0.5.3 with Catalina, but really can't live without working NVRAM.
I think I'm not allowed to say how I did it but I'll send you a PM
UPDATE: nevermind I can't send PMs yet... search on Google for "HackBeast GA Z390 DESIGNARE - Thunderbolt - Full DSDT patches - Clover - OpenCore" and something should come up

@CaseySJ

Incredible! The mini Catalina guide worked perfectly. I installed on the first try. Thanks so much for all your help! Will definitely keep following along to learn more about how all of this works. Thanks again!

I'm tinkering around with integrating a Vizio V405-G9 40" 4K TV to my setup. However, I'm only able to run it at 30Hz. Is there something I'm overlooking? I searched through this thread but wasn't able to find anything conclusive. Holding Option in the display preferences doesn't bring up any extra settings. I'm connecting to my Port 1 of my RX580 via HDMI 2.0 cable. TV is set to computer mode which enables 4:4:4 chroma sub sampling.

SMBIOS 19,1
RX580

Screenshot 2019-12-15 13.20.26.png

@CaseySJ. Hi! When I run the Clover installer to create the Catalina (yes, I am using the mini guide), I get an error from the installer that says, "Cannot install without ensuring the file system is read-write". Why do I get this error and can it be fixed?

Back