Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WiFi
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@rramon, thanks for sharing all you've learned!

Just to make sure: are all the fields in your Graphics section empty? I still have "0x3E910003" as my ig-platform-id, but that's all... Not sure if it's completely needed though. Do you still have Intel Quick Sync enable in your current polished config.plist configuration?

I will definitely follow the guide you pointed out since my System Information -> PCI is *literally* empty...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@rramon, thanks for sharing all you've learned!

Just to make sure: are all the fields in your Graphics section empty? I still have "0x3E910003" as my ig-platform-id, but that's all... Not sure if it's completely needed though. Do you still have Intel Quick Sync enable in your current polished config.plist configuration?

I will definitely follow the guide you pointed out since my System Information -> PCI is *literally* empty...
Glad I can help!

Yes, the graphics section should be completely empty, please take a look at my config.plist. Apart from removing my serial number, board ID and SMUUID it‘s the status my unit is running right now with QuickSync working.

For safety reasons, please make a backup of your own config.plist nonetheless.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WiFi
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Glad I can help!

Yes, the graphics section should be completely empty, please take a look at my config.plist. Apart from removing my serial number, board ID and SMUUID it‘s the status my unit is running right now with QuickSync working.

For safety reasons, please make a backup of your own config.plist nonetheless.

Thanks man, I've changed my config.plist to reflect similar changes as yours and everything is working just fine. Thanks again for sharing!

Just one last question though. Does your System Information -> Graphics/Display tab show any reference to the UHD630? Mine only shows the RX 580, and I am not quite sure this is the expected outcome.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks man, I've changed my config.plist to reflect similar changes as yours and everything is working just fine. Thanks again for sharing!

Just one last question though. Does your System Information -> Graphics/Display tab show any reference to the UHD630? Mine only shows the RX 580, and I am not quite sure this is the expected outcome.

Sure thing :)

The UHD630 doesn‘t show up for me neither in Graphics/Displays – this is because we unchecked "Inject Intel" in our config.plist. If you want to check IGPU status please open IORegistryExplorer, scroll down the device tree until you find the entry "IGPU". Check if "AppleIntelFramebuffer" appears as a child entry under "IGPU".

IGPU IntelFrameBuffer IOREg.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z370N wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
HD 630 - RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have no entries in devices, the latest lilu+WEG takes care of everything of identifying the 8700k GPU and making all entries for a headless 19,2 smbios

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8086k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Based on the configuration of b1, which I would like to thank, I would like to share the Opencore 0.5.6 version, tested on Mojave (10.14.6), updated from mac app store to Catalina (10.15.3).

i5 8400
nitro rx580
z370n
16 GB 2666mhz
Tested on BIOS F10-F13 z370n - iMac19,1 SMBIOS

Configuration made for dedicated vga's (change framebuffer if you only use igpu), front panel usbs, usb-c. There is still no fine adjustment. Usbs near the wifi-bt antennas are disabled due to the limitation of the usb.

For OC:
Working:
Ethernet 1 and 2
Sleep
Intel Quicksync
BT-WIFI with BCM94360cs + adapter
Audio - boot-args -> alcid = 7 (later I will add on devices) added on devices
Filevault 2
Nvram
03/09 Update: Fixed SSDT-PLUG.aml for compatible energy saver preferences.
03/11 Update 2: Added remaining device properties.

Read the "readme" on efi folder before startup. Reset nvram if you use the clover. The BIOS settings are the same as b1 wrote.

Added clover efi 5104. (Insert uuid-serial-board). - OC and Clover Build are almost identical.
SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext on clover works fine. On Opencore causes Kernel Panic. Don't exchange the equivalent: SmallTreeIntel82576.kext on OC.

Attachments

• z370n Clover 5104 - no UUID-SERIAL-BOARD.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 31
  • z370n OpenCore 0.5.6 Final.zip
    2 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Motherboard
GA Z370N WiFi
CPU
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Can I just ask if sleep is working well? I'm having random wake-up every 10 minutes, in my Console system.log, it says different programs like Chrome, Adobe, Xcode, ASL Sender Statistics, been waking the system in turns. Is anyone having the same problem, and how did you fix it? Thank you!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8086k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can I just ask if sleep is working well? I'm having random wake-up every 10 minutes, in my Console system.log, it says different programs like Chrome, Adobe, Xcode, ASL Sender Statistics, been waking the system in turns. Is anyone having the same problem, and how did you fix it? Thank you!

Usually when this occurs it is due to the lack or incorrect usb port mapping.

Sleep has worked better in OpenCore, in my case sleep is only interrupted by Power Nap when doing Time Machine backups. After the backup is complete, he returns to sleep.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-03-10 às 15.36.50.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-03-10 às 15.36.50.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Motherboard
GA Z370N WiFi
CPU
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Usually when this occurs it is due to the lack or incorrect usb port mapping.

Sleep has worked better in OpenCore, in my case sleep is only interrupted by Power Nap when doing Time Machine backups. After the backup is complete, he returns to sleep.
Thanks! I'll try to follow the USB guide, was hoping that 10.15.4 was coming out today and fix everything :)