Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Thanks for your update!

Do you use regular OC or NDK Fork?
Having a dual boot on seperate drives as well but don’t like the regular OC approach.

Monitoring OC development closely but didn‘t make the transition yet.
Regular OC. I think that if things work in clover there’s no reason to change to opencore, at least for now.

Try changing usb settings in bios > legacy usb support > Enabled (Not auto). Should Fix. For me, the only problem is the VirtualSMC not working after the 1.1.2 version. I have disabled RGB fusion in bios too. Friday now (too busy this days) I will be posting my 0.5.9 opencore Efi here with opencanopy support and fully manual patches and one with a fully patched dsdt with audio settings (no alcid bootflags or device patch needed). I don't use a patched dsdt because I have dual boot on my machine.

Edit: Opencore: 1.1.4 virtualsmc.kext will work only if smcprocessor.kext and smcsuperio.kext is disabled in config.plist.

Can you share your hackintool UBS port setup and which hackintool did you use for it? Thanks!

I'm still using Clover, after following your settings with legacy usb support and RGB, the fans still keep spinning up every minute. I suspect is my USB kext. I used different versions of the Hackintool to generate a few USB kexts, but the USB list changes with different versions of the Hackintool, is very confusing. The latest versions keep killing my Bluetooth (Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A)

Can you share your hackintool UBS port setup and which hackintool did you use for it? Thanks!

I'm still using Clover, after following your settings with legacy usb support and RGB, the fans still keep spinning up every minute. I suspect is my USB kext. I used different versions of the Hackintool to generate a few USB kexts, but the USB list changes with different versions of the Hackintool, is very confusing. The latest versions keep killing my Bluetooth (Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A)
Random wakes or no sleep with screen off?

Ps: About the efi: I couldn't keep my promise because I worked my whole weekend.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-06-09 às 13.52.32.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-06-09 às 13.52.32.png
    298.1 KB · Views: 86
Based on the configuration of b1, which I would like to thank, I would like to share the Opencore 0.5.6 version, tested on Mojave (10.14.6), updated from mac app store to Catalina (10.15.3).

i5 8400
nitro rx580
z370n
16 GB 2666mhz
Tested on BIOS F10-F13 z370n - iMac19,1 SMBIOS
Updated to 0.5.9 + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU.

Build:
i7 8086k + A budget Deepcool Gammax 400 cooler with the leds cut off using pliers.
XPG s11 Pro 512Gb (Formerly known as a rebranded SX8200 Pro) NVME for Mac OS, A400 Sata SSD drive for Windows.
16gb 2x8gb 2400 mhz HyperX memory @2933mhz 16-17-17-35 1.2v;
Sapphire Nitro RX580; Leds OFF.
Corsair 550w Gold PSU;
NZXT H200 case for optimal negative pressure.

Bios Settings:

M.I.T -> Advanced Memory Settings -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) : Profile1
BIOS: CSM: disabled
Сhipset -> Internal Graphics = Enabled
Сhipset -> DVMT Pre-Allocated = 128MB
Сhipset -> DVMT Total Gfx Mem = 128MB
Peripherals -> Trusted Computing -> Security Device Support : Disabled
Peripherals -> Network Stack Configuration -> Network Stack : Disabled
Peripherals -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support: Enabled
Peripherals -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hand-OFF: Enabled
Peripherals ->RGB Fusion -> Disabled
Chipset -> Vt-d: Enabled
Chipset -> IOAPIC 240119 Entries: Enabled

Instructions:
1) Backup your EFI, making it bootable on a USB stick. Always.
2) !!!!!! Read the "READ ME!!!" on EFI FOLDER

-> move the folder to EFI partition.

What works:

Working fine with a replaced i7 8086k;
DRM on Pollaris RX580: Netflix on safari ok. Prime video only works on chrome and with shikigva=80 bootflags. Apple TV content just works.
Shutdown, restart;
Audio;
Sleep working well with "sudo pmset -a TCPKEEPALIVE 0" command on terminal (no random wakes, maybe this is your fix, slam2019);
Front Panel USB, USB's near the wifi-bt antennas disabled due to the limitation of the usb;
PowerNap;
Wifi, Bluetooth, Handoff and continuity with bcm94360cs2+adapter;
iMessage;
Quicksync;
FileVault 2;
Nvram ;
Ethernet 1 and 2;
Quicksync;
Sidecar;
Dual boot with Windows on another ssd.

What doesn't work: LEDS.

-> Known issue: VirtualSMC.kext not working with SMCProcessor.kext and SMCSuperIO.Kext after the 1.1.2 version. 1.12 - 1.1.4 VirtualSMC.kext will work only if SMCprocessor.kext and SMCsuperIO.kext are both disabled in config.plist.- Fixed VirtualSMC, added Nvmefix.Kext and disabled xhciportlimit on config.plist. Thanks!

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-06-11 às 03.00.58.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-06-11 às 03.00.58.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Captura de Tela 2020-06-11 às 03.01.19.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-06-11 às 03.01.19.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 96
  • EFI.zip
    58.2 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Thanks for your fast response!

While comparing your Asus Z370-G OC EFI folder (0.5.9) with rrviega's I noticed that VirtualSMC.kext contains a Plugin folder where both SMCProcessor.kext and SMCSuperIO.kext are present.
At the same time these are present in EFI/OC/Kexts as well.

Could this be the reason?

Furthermore, the injection sequence inside config.plist -> Kernel -> Add is different from yours.

I have no idea. I get VirtualSMC from acidanthera and use them as they are.

You can probably use the EFI from my Z370 build. Just clear out everything in config.plist > DeviceProperties > Add.

@pastrychef

I edited my last post (#780) and attached a modified config.plist.
Could be that the error occurs because these kexts are present inside OC/Kexts as well as inside VirtualSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins.

One question about dGPU injection via DeviceProperties section though (I believe it was in your thread where I read about that MacOS uses the GPU that gets recognized first for encoding):

does it make sense to rename it from Radeon RX 580 to AMD Radeon RX 580?
This is for a iMac19,1 headless config where the IGPU gets injected as Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Desktop)

So just get the VirtualSMC from acidanthera and use that instead. It won't have the Plugins folder.

I don't know how macOS decides which GPU to use. You can use iMacPro1,1 and disable IGPU so it doesn't have any options.

It shouldn't matter how you name your RX 580. You can name it anything, and it should still work the same. It's cosmetic.

Thanks for your fast response!

While comparing your Asus Z370-G OC EFI folder (0.5.9) with rrviega's I noticed that VirtualSMC.kext contains a Plugin folder where both SMCProcessor.kext and SMCSuperIO.kext are present.
At the same time these are present in EFI/OC/Kexts as well.

Could this be the reason?

Furthermore, the injection sequence inside config.plist -> Kernel -> Add is different from yours.

Edit: @rrviega

Please check attached config.plist if the problem still persists with VirtualSMC 1.1.4
Please delete SMCProcessor.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext and VirtualSMC.kext inside OC/Kexts and replace with 1.1.4 attached.

Inside config.plist (Kernel->Add section) I changed the injection sequence and BundlePath.

Maybe this is the reason it doesn't work.
You are right. Fixed now (BundledPath). Now I guess we have a Golden OC Build. Thanks!!!!
Yes, I followed Dortania Guide and further documentation. No mistake. OC have a excellent documentation.

Excellent, you're welcome!
I'm just rebuilding the SSDT's for my build and report back once I have finished everything. :)

Edit:

@rrviega
By the way, you might want to add NVMeFix.kext to your config.plist for better power management of your NVMe drive.

See here.
Testing here, temperature on XPG S11 pro dropped 3º degrees on Idle. 46º -> 43º. Write speed also improves +- 150mb on Blackmagic Disk Speed. 1950-2050mbs -> 2050-2200mbs. So, I guess it's working. Thanks.

@rrviega

Very nice! :thumbup:

Question: in your Config.plist Kernel -> Quirks Section, XhciPortLimit is set to "YES".

Shouldn't that be set to "NO" after USB Mapping has been done?

I didn't remap everything as I already did it in Clover (which means both SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml are present in ACPI/patched) thus just created the USBPorts.kext via Hackintool. See Post #751 for reference.
This should be fine, no?

Guess I'm done with the config so far – someone brave enough to test it for me? ;) (I'm still on 10.14.6)

Edit:

EFI attached, OCBinaryData already added.
Just paste in own MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID.
With usbinjectall replacing usbports + SSDT-UIAC and SSDT-USBX YES!
I think SSDT-SBUS-MCHC is not really necessary on newer chipsets. I've never used.

Added your fixes to final EFI, with binary resources.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-06-11 às 15.18.16.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-06-11 às 15.18.16.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 87
Back