Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
@luckyal - after you are done, you should create your own User Build thread if your installation differs from mine enough to help others.
I've been struggling to get past the reboot loop. It appears that any time I open up CCV and make any changes, or mount/unmount the EFI partition, upon reboot I can never boot back in unless I first boot into recovery partition (or original USB install), without making any changes, quit and select the Startup Disk from the prompt. If I fail to select the startup disk, the system continues to reboot. Kinda stuck.

One small detail I should mention: I have my old iMac HDD connected to a SATA port, but that shouldn't matter as I select the drive from which I am booting in Clover boot loader.

Please update your profile with your build specs.

Are you using an older Lilu/Shiki, etc., set of kexts?

otherwise, post your verbose boot output.

Please update your profile with your build specs.
Done! HD 630 is temporary, as I plan to replace it with either a R9 280x or a RX580 for use in Final Cut Pro.
Are you using an older Lilu/Shiki, etc., set of kexts?
Using the latest Lilu as made available by @RehabMan. Screenshots of the kexts "Other" folder attached.
otherwise, post your verbose boot output.
How do I capture verbose boot output and upload it here? Take a picture with my phone?

Attachments

• Kext Contents @luckyal.png
    Kext Contents @luckyal.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Shiki info plist @luckyal.png
    Shiki info plist @luckyal.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 136
I've had the same issue. It stays for a little while on the same screen with a lot of stuff in it, and then all of a sudden, it writes the very last portion and disappears, right?

Using my iPhone, I started a photo sequence (hold down the 'take photo' button) and release it only when the screen turns black. Afterwards, you can select only the photo that suits you and delete the rest.

Edit - Now that you know how long it lasts, you don't need to make a sequence of everything. I waited for the verbose mode to stop at that final moment, counted 5 seconds or so, and started the sequence.

You can also video the boot sequence...

Hey guys! Good news...after 2 clean installs, everything seems to be working fine now – boot, sleep, Ethernet, NVIDIA and all the basic stuff...except audio (I'll try this later) and iCloud (I'll hit those iMessage solutions too). Already got my iCloud account blocked :shh:.

The AppleHDA audio thread, do you think it's the way to go? Even after doing the second boot and MultiBeast install of Realtek kexts like Stork said, no audio outputs showed up on my screen.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back