Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, once the kext is in place, I am able to boot with a USB2/USB3 drive. If I remove the kext, it will only boot with a USB2 drive.

On my USB3 installation drive, I have these kexts in the Other folder:

1. USBInjectAll.kext
2. XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
3. FakeSMC.kext
4. IntelMausiEthernet.kext (I have a Gigabyte board with Intel Ethernet)

@frontgear where can I get those kexts? I'm new to hackintosh and I've just created the bootable USB with Unibeast.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply @JCMunsonII

I've mounted the EFI using EFI Mounter and the kexts were already there, except for the XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Just to point it out, before the rest of my post, my way into hackintosh started out just like yours and your build was the one that I used as a base for mine, along the skillful teachings of master builders @Stork and @pastrychef. You guys rock!! :headbang:

Well, for starters, the installer gets stuck in the apple logo. I'll post the verbose print at the end.
My USB is still not booting and I can't find a damn USB 2.0 to do it.
I don't even know if the drive is the problem, but I'm trying to eliminate every possibility until it works.

I think it would be more appropriate to open a desktop support, but since our setups are very much alike, I'll describe what's going on here. Maybe you guys can help me out. If the moderators want, I can erase this post and create a new one over there! No problems at all.

As I mentioned before, please, keep in mind I'm a total newbie on the arts of hackintoshing! I'm still getting acquainted to the terminology. I didn't even know that I could use my MacBook to open MultiBeast and install things on my USB drive. That kind of newbie.

Hardware:
ASUS Maximus IX Code
i7-7700k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400mhz 2x8gb
ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080

BIOS setup:
Everything you said to do (and Stork), except that 'XHCI Hand Off' is gone and 'USB Keyboard and Mouse Simulator' is DISABLED
BIOS version is 1009, 07/23/2017

USB Drive creation:
I used the Unibeast guide, basic stuff.

Extra:
- USB is in the bottom port
- Boot Argument "nv_disable=1" was there from the start (I think Unibeast took care of that for me)

There's not much more info I can tell you guys right now. The verbose said things about SSDT and I know that Stork has written about it, but I haven't found anything related to i7-7700k, so I decided not to mess with it without a more experienced opinion.

I didn't DO anything else, since I don't know HOW TO.

Hope to get it up and running soon!

Here goes the verbose prints.

IMG_4087.jpg
IMG_4098.jpg

1) What kind of drive are you installing to;
2) To eliminate issues, remove the video card and connect straight to the motherboard video out. make sure to adjust the BIOS for that change as well.
3) Really, you should find a USB 2.0 key. Lots of strange things can happen if you aren't using one - particularly in a 2.0 slot.
4) Is a current version of apfs.efi in "CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/"?

It's coming to life as I write! The installer booted with the USB 3.0 stick.

Answering your questions:
1) A 250gb NVMe 960 EVO M.2 and a V-NAND 850 EVO SSD. The M.2 showed up on disk utility just like any other.
2) Done. I've set IGFX as Primary Display and 64M of Pre-Allocated DVMT. (I've read something about 128M, but I was not sure which one to go with. 64M worked)
3) 3.0 is a go!
4) I wasn't sure, but just in case, I've downloaded the 10.13.2 from this thread and updated in the folder before trying to boot.

There's something I forgot to do when I ran the Verbose mode - I skipped to edit the Fake CPUID under the Binaries Patching. Duuhhh.

I'll keep you guys posted along the way! Thanks for the help so far.

If you are installing 10.13.2 you do not need to enter a value for FakeCPUID - your processor is natively supported.

Oh, of that I didn't know!

Going through some setbacks during install. Let's see...
My screen went black after the first system install reboot. Could that be related to that 64M/128M DVMT?
I'll try to start over, maybe change install location.

Post your verbose output.

If you are installing using the HD 630, it might be a good idea to pull out the GTX 1080 for now. You can put it back in after you have macOS installed.

Also, you may need to use ig-platform-id = 0x59120000 if you are using the HD 530.

DVMT can be either 64MB or 128MB. Either should work. You can even try setting it to max.

Don't worry about FakeCPUID if you are installing 10.13.0 or newer. Kaby Lake is already supported.

The install went through...don't know how.

After the tweaks Jon suggested, the first install step went fine everytime - M.2 or SATA - but it crashed on the second install step, so I ran the Verbose on the M.2, and it looked like it ran smoothly. So I reebooted and ran the installer again on the M.2 drive - done! Got it to boot.

Now I'll read some more recent posts to gather enough info and try to find a post-install recipe of kexts for my system! Thanks guys!
If I run into anything else, I'll write here again.

You've been saviors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back