Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got audio working just following Toleda's audio posts. His posts are very short but to the point. Read them very precisely and you'll get it figured out.

Using AppleHDA (not VooDoo)
I'm in the process of attempting to get AppleHDA working, but, am not having complete success here. I see it loading in IOReg, and the realtekALC is present in DPCIManager, and I hear the speakers "pop" (softly) before login screen, yet no sound devices show in Prefs. Note, there is also an NVidia audio driver loading which is observable in DPCIManager.

I used the MultiBeast method from the Toleda guide after uninstalling everything and ensuring I had a native AppleHDA.kext in place as that mimic'd the #1 option.

What method did you use for the AppleHDA?

I'm in the process of attempting to get AppleHDA working, but, am not having complete success here. I see it loading in IOReg, and the realtekALC is present in DPCIManager, and I hear the speakers "pop" (softly) before login screen, yet no sound devices show in Prefs. Note, there is also an NVidia audio driver loading which is observable in DPCIManager.

I used the MultiBeast method from the Toleda guide after uninstalling everything and ensuring I had a native AppleHDA.kext in place as that mimic'd the #1 option.

What method did you use for the AppleHDA?

I just today updated my Hero to High Sierra. There is a new post in the audio section that made life much easier to get audio running.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-devices-x299-200-series-300-series-patcher.239519/

then scroll down to this post:
No Audio Devices - X299 / 200 Series / 300 Series Patcher

Five minutes and my Audio was running!

I’ve made it all work too on High Sierra and Maximus IX Code.

I’ve chosen the cloverALC procedure, but I needed the Quick Fix afterwards.

If you want to give it a go, you need a fresh AppleHDA.kext.

The link in the cloverALC guide was broken at the time I tried to download it, so I dug up the full development folder and it is available here. Unzip it to your desktop, inside you will find a lot of files, but you just need one of them.

Unzip audio_cloverALC-130.command-x.zip and run the .command.

It will open terminal. As the guide suggests, type your password, hit enter, and terminal will ask you some questions. Type Y followed by ENTER for yes or N followed by ENTER for no.

My answers were all yes, yes, yes. Remember you need internet connection for this to work, as it downloads what’s needed.

Restart and apply the Quick Fix as follows:

- Download Fake PCI ID Kexts from RehabMan

- Throw FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext to desktop

- Clean any other kexts from your desktop and run KextBeast

- Restart

Thanks guys!

While I did run the patcher, it failed (perhaps SIP isn't disabled as I thought it was), and I don't think I have FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext in the mix, so I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

No luck. See here for current sitch.

Yes, that was tried. What I can tell that it does is write the kexttopatch settings to the config.plist, which it did successfully.

Take a look at my linked post and you'll see the proc used. ;)

So... the only thing I want to work on is the High Sierra shutdown/sleep problem. It seems that Clover Configurator no longer has the FixShutdown_004 flag... It has a FixShutdown (without the _004) but it did not make a difference for me.

I have not moved to 18,3 Sys Def.
I have not implemented USB 15 port limit stuff.
I have not fully implemented Power Mgt.

I have never met a computer that I couldn't beat into submission... but lately I've been building shelves/cabinets and remodeling my computer room to make room for my LP listening room. I've been distracted by Schiit Audio / AR-XA Turntable + gobs of old LP's that I've had for forty years. I've kept every LP the I've ever purchased, I guess I'm an old fool. Like my hat says in my avatar - I'm "Older Than Dirt"

Time to hit the garage and cut wood....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back