Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got audio working just following Toleda's audio posts. His posts are very short but to the point. Read them very precisely and you'll get it figured out.

Using AppleHDA (not VooDoo)

That’s the one. It’s the thread I asked about and it worked perfectly!

I’ll create my build thread soon. I still need some time to finish up, but not too long or I’ll forget everything! Haha

Thanks again for all the help you guys gave me! Really made a difference!

Ok, I recorded a slow-mo version on my iPhone. I couldn't upload the MOV here, so I uploaded to my YouTube channel. Hope I'm not breaking any rules.
hmmm...

Page faults are typically RAM related, though can sometimes be disk related. What is your current hardware configuration (beyond the basics of your profile)?

hmmm...

Page faults are typically RAM related, though can sometimes be disk related. What is your current hardware configuration (beyond the basics of your profile)?
I have the following installed:

CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4 2400mhz CL14 CMK32GX4M2A2400C14R (Red)
CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4 2400mhz CL14 CMK32GX4M2A2400C14 (Black)

I saved a little money by buying these two separately. Both brand new. I extensively tested both in Memtest86 prior to deployment.

EDIT: I also have a Syba Firewire Card installed, which works fine.
2 ea. Seagate 4tb Hybrid HDD drives.
2 ea. Crucial MX100 SSD hard drives.

My 10.3.2 High Sierra installation resides on a 500GB 960 EVO NVMe M.2 Sata.

One potentially major caviat - One of the 4TB HDD's used to be inside my iMac as a main drive. I installed it in my new machine so that I can do some file recovery for specific music applications that I use. The iMac ran El Capitan. When booting into Clover, the I do see the 4TB HDD as one of the available startup devices, but the boot partition on it is corrupt and it won't boot up, though the drives appears once the system is booted into High Sierra on the NVMe. I've slowly been moving files that I need.

Pause the video at 2:22 mark - right before the pc reboots.

Last edited:
I would remove a pair and try again, if it fails, swap pairs and see if it fails. That's the first and easiest thing to check. I am assuming you have your BIOS set up correctly as well.

@Stork - any further thoughts?

Make sure the memory sets are in the proper locations - i.e., Black in A1/B1 memory slots and Red in A2/B2 memory slots.

Run Memtest86 (Google it) to see if you have memory errors. 24 hour running test will find the errors. Memtest86 is a bootable CD.

I would remove a pair and try again, if it fails, swap pairs and see if it fails. That's the first and easiest thing to check. I am assuming you have your BIOS set up correctly as well.

@Stork - any further thoughts?
I followed your guide to set up BIOS. I tried with just two sticks at a time. No changes. It doesn’t do this every time so it’s hard to pin point the problem. I still have not done anything about power management per your guide, as I’m still trying to process all of the details.

are you installed, or trying to install?

Make sure the memory sets are in the proper locations - i.e., Black in A1/B1 memory slots and Red in A2/B2 memory slots.

Run Memtest86 (Google it) to see if you have memory errors. 24 hour running test will find the errors. Memtest86 is a bootable CD.
Confirmed that sticks were in the correct location. Ran Memtest86 for over 24 hrs. All checks out. I’m kind of at a loss at this point. Why would booting into recovery only to select the startup disk allow me to boot normally.

Anyway, don’t know if this is related but from time to time upon reboot I have graphical glitches such as this.

You may wish to start your own troubleshooting thread. In it, I would post your zipped Clover folder, minus theme, and erase any serial numbers that matter. I would also post your IOReg output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back