Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hi everyone,

Two folds question for youz ;)

Drivers
Are the issues reported above with 387.10.10.10.25.156 fixed in 387.10.10.10.25.157 ?

CUDA
If not, which version of CUDA should I install if I have to go with the older 378.10.10.10.25.106 drivers?
Latest version 387.128 is meant for 387.10.10.10.25.156 (and presumably would also work with .157) is it retro-compatible with older driver 378.10.10.10.25.106 or should I dig out the older (387.99) CUDA to go with the older drivers...

Thank you! (first time builder here...)

Follow up on my previous post, .157 are not acknowledging my 10.13.3 OSX so I had to go with .156.
After install I'm confronted to problem 6 (hackintosh never takes web drivers into account). Clover install as explained on page one of this guide did not fix it. The quest continues... :)

Hello Guys. I set up a Mackintosh on El capitan. Now I want to get my gtx 750 ti working. But I don't know how. I installed the drivers. But when I switch them in the Nvidia manager my screen goes black after reboot. I did the steps on Problem #6 but no success.
Thanks for your help

[EDIT] …nevermind, see the post above me, great tool! Thanks for this!

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and I been looking on here to building a Mac. I have completed my build and I got it to boot up by using clover and multicast and fixed the ethernet issue I been having. However, my Nvidia GTX 980 4gb is not being recgonized and it's showing on my "about this Mac" Graphics Display 5mb. I have downloaded the driver for it but whenever I switched to Nvidia graphic and it restart it goes back to Mac OS graphics. I have tried the steps of the clover install script on target volume and it still did not work. Any help would be great.

Second: I'm also having audio issue still if anyone can help me out with that to would also be much appreciated.

Specs
Intel i7 7700k
Asus Strix H270F Gaming
Samsung 960 Evo 250gb
16gb Ram Corsair Vengeance
Nvidia GTX 980 4gb Founder edition

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and I been looking on here to building a Mac. I have completed my build and I got it to boot up by using clover and multicast and fixed the ethernet issue I been having. However, my Nvidia GTX 980 4gb is not being recgonized and it's showing on my "about this Mac" Graphics Display 5mb. I have downloaded the driver for it but whenever I switched to Nvidia graphic and it restart it goes back to Mac OS graphics. I have tried the steps of the clover install script on target volume and it still did not work. Any help would be great.

Second: I'm also having audio issue still if anyone can help me out with that to would also be much appreciated.

Specs
Intel i7 7700k
Asus Strix H270F Gaming
Samsung 960 Evo 250gb
16gb Ram Corsair Vengeance
Nvidia GTX 980 4gb Founder edition

Welcome to the site and congratulations on the progress you've made with your build. I actually just refered someone else to this link for a similar problem. Best of luck. Hope it solves your issue.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/

Back