Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

@slim.jim do you have any suggestion ?

I don't have your specific hardware to test but you have a board and an GPU that have known issues. Asus 750/750ti cards have issues with HDMI (possibly other ports) and Gigabyte 100 boards do not support native NVRAM.

I don't have your specific hardware to test but you have a board and an GPU that have known issues. Asus 750/750ti cards have issues with HDMI (possibly other ports) and Gigabyte 100 boards do not support native NVRAM.
i think that nvdia not supported DP 1.2 and my monitor could not change not dp 1.1
it is bad that there is no way to cheat nvidia works with dp 1.2

i think that nvdia not supported DP 1.2 and my monitor could not change not dp 1.1
it is bad that there is no way to cheat nvidia works with dp 1.2

Nvidia does support DP1.2. My Dell Monitor is hooked up using DisplayPort and it is set to 1.2.

Nvidia does support DP1.2. My Dell Monitor is hooked up using DisplayPort and it is set to 1.2.
so it means the issue is my asus strix 750 ti ?

last time i know asus 750 ti has problem about black screen except strix version.

my card is asus strix

problem number-2
my build number is 10.12.6--16g1108 is not in the whole list :( please some one help me !

problem number-2
my build number is 10.12.6--16g1108 is not in the whole list :( please some one help me !

It doesn’t exist. You updated to a beta or a recent security update. As always this is not recommended if your card requires the Web Drivers.

It doesn’t exist. You updated to a beta or a recent security update. As always this is not recommended if your card requires the Web Drivers.
Isn't there a post somewhere that explains how to modify the Nvidia drivers to work with the current OS? Or does that not work?

Isn't there a post somewhere that explains how to modify the Nvidia drivers to work with the current OS? Or does that not work?

The first post on this thread. Doesn’t always work. Other option is to use the beta drivers for 10.12.

Hello!

I've had quite a time getting my graphics card to load. Without the GPU plugged into the board it boots to the desktop and has the default graphics chosen. I can set it to NVIDIA web drivers as many times as I want but it will default back. I've tried the solution using clover to install the emu variable fix and then wrote them to target disk too. I don't know if this is even the full extent of the problem. Whenever I attach the GPU (GTX 1050 Ti) I'm greeted with the "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs..."

I've attached the plist as well and my relevant build is:

Intel i5-7600K
Asus Z270E
GTX 1050 Ti

Thanks so much and I appreciate any help!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 285
Back