Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hi guys!
I have a problem. I successful installed hackintosh on i7 7700k, Asus Formula Code Z270 with 2SLI 1080 FE. But when I try to run Nvidia Driver even after reset Nvidia Driver Icon show me OS X Default Graphics Driver. No acceleration;( I used new clover method to run Nvidia Drivers but it don't help.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2017-04-15 o 01.31.52.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2017-04-15 o 01.31.52.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 138
  • config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 208
Hi guys!
I have a problem. I successful installed hackintosh on i7 7700k, Asus Formula Code Z270 with 2SLI 1080 FE. But when I try to run Nvidia Driver even after reset Nvidia Driver Icon show me OS X Default Graphics Driver. No acceleration;( I used new clover method to run Nvidia Drivers but it don't help.

Thanks.

Your config has invalid syntax which is the same as having no config at all.

Hi guys, I have installed the Web Drivers for my GTX 1080, and enabled web drivers in config.plist. I have also done as Slim Jim suggested in the original post, but when I restart after putting drivers to Nvidia, it automatically resets them to OS X drivers. Help!

Hi all, I'm using Clover (4.x) and Sierra but after an upgrade of my graphic card (now I have a Galax GTX 970) I can't use QE/CI. I have installed last Nvidia Web driver and also last Cuda driver, than I have modified my config.plist with NvidiaWeb -> true but if I try to boot with this entry, screen goes to black and system restart (so I can't reach desktop). I can boot only with "Nvidia to Vesa" parameter... In my system I haven't any DSDT and attached you can see my config.plist and also my EFI.

When I try to boot with NvidiaWeb, I can see this error:
IMG_20170414_230542.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2 KB · Views: 76
  • EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 89
You don't need these new pascal drivers for a 750, the previous ones are fine and I've even seen people say the new drivers muck up their 7xx series video. Were you running the 750 just fine before and updated to the new drivers?

Regardless I don't even know that Sierra (which my understanding is the only OS that supports these new drivers) supports nvda_drv=1?

I'm so confused. Post your specs, what version of what OS you're using etc.

Mobo: z9pa-u8
CPU: e5 2665 c2
Graphics: iGame gtx 750 ti
I use 10.11.6.
I use the code nv_disable to finish installation and then install the drivers.
And as the result, it boot to black screen.
Thanks.

I will uninstall the driver and have a try.

Update: Uninstalled the webdriver, boot up without injecting the driver, after -v model it reboot.
Then boot up with injecting the driver, PC boot up successfully but the graphic card did not work.
I deleted the nv related files before. Did this influence the graphic card?
Thanks

You need to use the new method of enabling the web drivers for Sierra, nvda_drv=1 is not used in Sierra.

I installed mac 10.11.6 not Sierra.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
How to enable dual monitor?

How to enable dual monitor?
It should just work. Most common mistake when it doesn't work is Inject/Nvidia is true when it should be false.

Back