Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

This statement is even more confusing. The only visible folders that should be at the root of your macOS drive are: Applications, Library, System and Users. You might have an EFI-Backups folder if you have ever upgraded Clover.

Once mounting the EFI partition on your macOS drive then you should have an EFI folder on the EFI partition that contains all of the necessary Clover stuff. You don't want Clover installed any where else.

When you run the Clover installer to perform the steps of problem #6 what drive does it say you are going to install Clover to?

Thank you soo much slim and everyone else. I finally got it working. please forgive my earlier confusing statements. I was at work and was writing from memory so a lot of what I stated wasn't accurate as far as the where the EFI folder is and what partition where. All in all, I finally got it to work. I had to disable all my other drives and install the OS brand new. I think the problem I had was partially the multibeast copy I had was corrupt so I downloaded a new copy and all was well. again, thank you too much

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 9.25.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 9.25.27 PM.png
    906.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
...I had to disable all my other drives and install the OS brand new.....
I been following along with the sequence of comments u've made on this thread so far b/c your problem was similar. After reinstalling macOS 10.12 on a diff partition and updating to 10.12.4 along w/ the new Web drivers and Cuda, the Web drivers are finally enabled. Damn, I feel like a clutz. Lesson learned: When all else fails reinstall a clean copy of OS X.

Last edited:
Hello everybody,
Well sorry to say but I'm stuck. Was trying everything from this thread and from whatever google found it with no luck. Problem 4. :( Can't resolve for few days. Three times reinstall 10.12.4, started from scratch. I can say I tried everything what possibly can. Hope I still missing something. Different system definitions, kexts lilu and nvidiafixup or AGDPfix patch, different monitor numbers in clover, inject EDID, custom EDID, override EDID, nvidia simple name, nvidia single and etc, same result, black screen. Through VNC I can see that system is up and running.
If anyone have any thoughts please help me.
Thank you.
P.S. forgot to mention that Monitor connected by HDMI

Last edited:
When I take the steps described in Problem 6 and add EmuVariableUefi-64 after rebooting I have a black screen. When delete is loaded normally.what I doing wrong?

When I take the steps described in Problem 6 and add EmuVariableUefi-64 after rebooting I have a black screen. When delete is loaded normally.what I doing wrong?
I had your same problem. Read this here to help u understand more. Bottom line, what it boils down to solving your issue is reinstalling macOS which is what I had to do. I realize I actually created my own problem unintentionally b/c I had transfered an image of 10.12 from another hack to this one I'm currently using which may have endured some corruption in between. Also remember DO NOT use Migration Assistant or any other type of file/setting transfer app after u reinstall macOS.

Thank you soo much slim and everyone else. I finally got it working. please forgive my earlier confusing statements. I was at work and was writing from memory so a lot of what I stated wasn't accurate as far as the where the EFI folder is and what partition where. All in all, I finally got it to work. I had to disable all my other drives and install the OS brand new. I think the problem I had was partially the multibeast copy I had was corrupt so I downloaded a new copy and all was well. again, thank you too much

That's great news!!! So just as a matter of interest i should:

-Enable the webdriver in my config.plist
-Delete the fakesmc gpu hwmonitor kext
-Fix problem 6

and then my card should work?

Could you post some benchmark results? When I receive mine I will do the same. Just to compare; for the fun of it :)

What SMBIOS are you using? When the drivers aren't loading it is the same as booting with nv_disable=1 so the SMBIOS doesn't matter. When the drivers load and you are using iMac17,1/15,1 or MacPro6,1 then you must do one of the black screen fixes.

That's great news!!! So just as a matter of interest i should:

-Enable the webdriver in my config.plist
-Delete the fakesmc gpu hwmonitor kext
-Fix problem 6

and then my card should work?

Yes Enable webdriver in config.plist
Fix problem 6
I dont know about fakesmc gpu since i didnt install it.
Let me know when you get yours working. im still trying to get the 17,1 sys def but for now im using the 14,2. using the 17,1 gives me the black screen but its the closer configuration to my setup. i would like to get 17,1 working at some point

Hi !
I am currently running 10.12.4 on my hackintosh with a 1080GTX inside. Everything is smooth except one thing:
When I try to use my Dell up3214q 4k , it is locked at 30Hz over DP 1.2. This screen work with my macbook pro at 4k 60Hz.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks.

Back