Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

What doesn't work?
Multibeast can't seem to copy EFI to the disk that Sierra is installed on, ALC1150 + 100 series audio install fails, Nvidia web drivers won't work (even with EmuVariableUefi-64). About the only thing that works is the ethernet.

My system is very similar (ga-z170mx gaming 5 with f20, 64gb, gtx 950) and I was getting the same problem booting with EmuVariableUefi-64 active. I found out that the booting behavior changed depending on what monitor i had connected and in the end found out that DVI booting didn't work at all (reloads) HDMI didn't work (screen went blank, but I think it actually booted) but Displayport worked perfectly!
I hope that it's some help.
Well man this is a big thank you for whatever reason, you accidentally lit that bulb up on my mind "What if I turn off UHD mode on my TV and see if that's the culprit" and voila, no black screen at login screen. Been scratching my head for a week, even did a reinstall. I'll buy a DP adapter (the famous Cube3D one) to get 4k@60Hz but basically HDMI out on a 970 GTX with a 4k TV/Monitor is not the sweetest setup, specially if you turn on chroma sampling (which worked great on 10.12.0 alas no 60Hz, but ****ed it all up on 10.12.1 and 10.12.2).

So the only thing I haven't tried is the patching SSDT.aml to change the card to GFX1. I got kinda into this and was able to get to the disassembled dsl files but can't get any of them to compile to ACPI machine binary. And with 189 errors on the first one I am again back to just being thankful that most everything works.

If anyone has a patched DSDT/SSDT for a ga-z170x-UD5 I would be grateful.

For problem number 4, try the Clover Patch instead. This will persist across updates, and is easier to do anyway. I found it yesterday on Pike's website, and can confirm that it survived the most recent update.

In Clover Configurator:

Kernel and Kext Patches -> KextsToPatch:
Name = AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
Find = 626F6172642D6964
Replace = 626F6172642D6978
Comment = AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (board-id) Patch (c) Pike R. Alpha
i have tried this patch on macos 10.12.2 and works fine

I have the problem #6, followed the solution, still didn't work
I have a Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 and a NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970

I have the problem #6, followed the solution, still didn't work
I have a Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 and a NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970
i have the same problen in GTX 750ti
any solution?

Anyone here made sierra work with a Geforce gtx 550 ti without any artifacts glitches? I tried everything even a fresh install still no luck.

I am trying to use this driver to use the discrete graphics of my HP ZBook Studio G3: Nvidia m1000m. However it states '3 mb' under system information. Using iMac 17,1. AGDPfix does not seem to work keeps stating 'OSX Default Driver' after restart.

Any suggestions on how to get this card working?

970-GTX - will not display anything other than 800x600. OS recognizes the correct video card, though show 0MB for ram. I struggled on getting NVidia Web drivers to boot, finally got that to work thanks to this blog. not sure what else to do. Drivers are updated.

Back