Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

So I used Clover to enable EmuVariableUefi and RC Scripts on my Z170X-Gaming 5 rig and it made no difference - Nvidia Driver Manager still shows OS X default driver set on reboot (although acceleration is working...).

I still can't get my GTX 980 Ti to boot with 2 monitors connected either (I get boot loop), I have to have the second monitor unplugged and plug it in once I get to the login screen, it is starting to bug me a little.

I gave GTX 760 Asus, from Sierra Gpu Core and Memory are stuck at high clock. Min Core is at 800Mhz and Memory is always on 6000Mhz. On El Capitan everything works OK with nvidia driver. nvda_drv is not in use and I insert nvidia web into plist.
GPU power managment only work if I inject nVidia without nvidia web drivers but HDMI out doesn't work.

Any solutions?!
Thanks

Looks like 10.12 and nVidia 367.15.10.05f01 breaking 4k MST@60Hz support on MacMini6,2 sysdef. Perfection only lasted on Yosemite & El Cap.
Those "lucky" people with DELL UP2414Q and UP3214Q will enjoy screen off after boot. iMac14,2 will provide video output limited to 30Hz only.
Apparently AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy got nothing to do with macmini6,2 board-id, so far see no working solutions.
Open to any suggestions.

Not sure if anybody got tested latest 10.12.2 and nVidia 367.15.10.25f01 driver - our 4k MST@60Hz on MacMini6,2 is back without any framework/plist patching. Bravo Apple & nVidia!

My system is very similar (ga-z170mx gaming 5 with f20, 64gb, gtx 950) and I was getting the same problem booting with EmuVariableUefi-64 active. I found out that the booting behavior changed depending on what monitor i had connected and in the end found out that DVI booting didn't work at all (reloads) HDMI didn't work (screen went blank, but I think it actually booted) but Displayport worked perfectly!
I hope that it's some help.

Hey guys,
Hoping I could get some advice:
Running:
Sierra 10.12.1 16B2657
Clover 3949
i7-6700k
Gigabyte z170x-ud5 (f20)
64gb Ballistic Sport
512gb Samsung 950 NVMe
GTX 780 (Gk11x)

I finally got everything working pretty solidly except for the Nvidia Drivers. I can't install the "EmuVariableUefi" driver in clover without a black screen I can't add "infect Nvidia" without a black screen. Screen mirror will not connect while at black screen. Oddly when I boot back up with the "nv_disable=1" flag after installing the "EmuVariableUefi" driver it says that the driver is installed in Nvdriver manager, which it's obviously not. (I confirmed in CUDAz just to make sure)

So I'm running fine, some minor gfx errors, but it's clearly the old stock drivers that are running 355.10.05.05b16 and not the latest 367.15.10.15f03.

Yes, the boot flag has been removed and the NvidiaWeb system parameter has been set. But with this board I have to uninstall "EmuVariableUefi"... any ideas?
Hey guys,
Hoping I could get some advice:
Running:
Sierra 10.12.1 16B2657
Clover 3949
i7-6700k
Gigabyte z170x-ud5 (f20)
64gb Ballistic Sport
512gb Samsung 950 NVMe
GTX 780 (Gk11x)

I finally got everything working pretty solidly except for the Nvidia Drivers. I can't install the "EmuVariableUefi" driver in clover without a black screen I can't add "infect Nvidia" without a black screen. Screen mirror will not connect while at black screen. Oddly when I boot back up with the "nv_disable=1" flag after installing the "EmuVariableUefi" driver it says that the driver is installed in Nvdriver manager, which it's obviously not. (I confirmed in CUDAz just to make sure)

So I'm running fine, some minor gfx errors, but it's clearly the old stock drivers that are running 355.10.05.05b16 and not the latest 367.15.10.15f03.

Yes, the boot flag has been removed and the NvidiaWeb system parameter has been set. But with this board I have to uninstall "EmuVariableUefi"... any ideas?

So I used Clover to enable EmuVariableUefi and RC Scripts on my Z170X-Gaming 5 rig and it made no difference - Nvidia Driver Manager still shows OS X default driver set on reboot (although acceleration is working...).

I still can't get my GTX 980 Ti to boot with 2 monitors connected either (I get boot loop), I have to have the second monitor unplugged and plug it in once I get to the login screen, it is starting to bug me a little.
Interesting! I commented on another post in this thread that I was having boot loops when having a monitor plugged into dvi, I didn't try plugging the monitor in AFTER the boot process..

SOLVED:

I gave GTX 760 Asus, from Sierra Gpu Core and Memory are stuck at high clock. Min Core is at 800Mhz and Memory is always on 6000Mhz. On El Capitan everything works OK with nvidia driver. nvda_drv is not in use and I insert nvidia web into plist.
GPU power managment only work if I inject nVidia without nvidia web drivers but HDMI out doesn't work.

It was problem using 3 monitors when graphic core and memory stuck at high speed.
If someone have solution thread is here...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/any-3-monitors-users.205471/

My system is very similar (ga-z170mx gaming 5 with f20, 64gb, gtx 950) and I was getting the same problem booting with EmuVariableUefi-64 active. I found out that the booting behavior changed depending on what monitor i had connected and in the end found out that DVI booting didn't work at all (reloads) HDMI didn't work (screen went blank, but I think it actually booted) but Displayport worked perfectly!
I hope that it's some help.

Ya, I have a display port monitor hooked up. DVI does not work until OSX boots. And when I inject Nvidia or install the Variable UEFI driver the system actually locks up on a black screen after boot, I verified this using screen share. I'm kinda giving up on this for now. I'm just thankful that everything is working pretty solidly 12.2 broke CUDA but I'm sure that is like a day or two from being fixed.

Something tells me the problem is with the GK11x core and not with anything else considering that people are getting the 980 to work.

Ya, I have a display port monitor hooked up. DVI does not work until OSX boots. And when I inject Nvidia or install the Variable UEFI driver the system actually locks up on a black screen after boot, I verified this using screen share. I'm kinda giving up on this for now. I'm just thankful that everything is working pretty solidly 12.2 broke CUDA but I'm sure that is like a day or two from being fixed.

Something tells me the problem is with the GK11x core and not with anything else considering that people are getting the 980 to work.
Hi guys - I'm going to lead with this community is amazing!! and so helpful

This is my first post, but I've consumed much

To the prior comment, I've built a 6850 with raid'd m.2 960's, nvidia 750ti on an asus x99 deluxe ii

Thanks to everything i've found i have EVERYTHING working including an overclock to 4.5

I've got a single issue before I assemble the guide covering a month of trial and error

keep in mind i've patched SSDT already and it registers as gfx1

If I boot with two montiors plugged in the screen goes into power save (black screen) at second boot

If I start with the DVI then plug the displayport in post boot it works without issue 100% of the time

I can survive on simply never restarting since I managed to get power managment working

but I was looking for some insight - running 10.12.2 with the drivers nvidia updated 27 hrs ago

I'm happy to share any details

-Jon

Doesn't work with Gigabyte GA-z170n wifi. They should really take this motherboard off the buyers guide because nothing seems to work on it.

Doesn't work with Gigabyte GA-z170n wifi. They should really take this motherboard off the buyers guide because nothing seems to work on it.

What doesn't work?

Back