Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hi Slim.jim, thanks so much for your response.

This is what I have for "About This Mac" (see pic attached):
macOS Sierra 10.12.1
iMac (27 inch, Late 2013)
Processor: 4.01 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 32GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Startup Disk: Sierra
Graphics: Display 14MB
Serial Number: D25LHACKF8JC
View attachment 223898

In the Displays Tab, it says: 41-inch (2560 x 1440) Display 14MB
-> Yet my display is only 27" HP ZR2740w...

You have to get your NVRAM working. Gigabyte 100 series boards don't work natively so you need to make sure it is working properly.

You have to get your NVRAM working. Gigabyte 100 series boards don't work natively so you need to make sure it is working properly.
Thank you Slim.jim for the suggestion. I am suspecting this is the problem, but I can't seem to get NVRAM to work on my z170x Gigabyte board.

I decided to re-install MacOS Sierra from USB Boot drive, making sure to erase the previously installed disk first. And Used Multibeast with default UEFI / No extra Drivers to get a clean install. I also made sure to re-install the NVidia Drivers & Change the SystemParameters "NVidiaWeb" to "true" & "InjectKexts" to "YES" & "InjectSystemID" to "true" in config.plist. As well as made sure to run the Colver_v2.3k_r3949.pkg with the recommended customization (EMUVariableUefi-64 & RC Script installed).

From what I can see, when I change & save anything on my config.plist, it doesn't seem to be used at reboot/restart. I must be doing something wrong - or - I am not using the right "EFI" mount (though I only have 2 disks : 1 Windows (disk0s2) & 1 Mac OS (disk1s1))... And I mount disk1s1 which I'm assuming is MacOS, since I can see EFI -> Apple/Boot/Clover when mounted.

E.g. when I used EFI Mounter v3 to mount to my EFI, in the config.plist->Boot->Arguments, I only have "dart=0" and I don't see "nv_disable=1". Yet when I reboot, when I go to Clover Options, I can see the "nv_disable=1" still showing. I then go on to remove it on Clover Bootloader Options screen, and go on to boot from Sierra. And I still get the Display 14MB internal graphics card.

- Then I try to also make sure "Intel" Inject is FALSE (it was TRUE in the original config.plist).
- Then I go to BIOS & make sure that my PCIE Slot 1 is the first display output in BIOS & Disable IGfx. And I still get the default Mac OS 14MB Display with DVI and 7MB with DisplayPort.

Thanks again if you have any suggestions as to what I can try. Is there a way to get a clean config.plist so I can restart from scratch? Or is there a command via Terminal prompt I can try to verify if I have NVRAM working or not?

Attached is my CLOVER folder in .zip format from my mounted EFI. Can you quickly look at it? If not, let me know what I should show you. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
As mentioned in posts #1423 and 1429, and covered very well in post #1, Problem 6:

My GA-H170N-WIFI would not allow my nVidia GTX 750 Ti graphics card to run on the nVidia Web Driver 367.15.10.15f03 under Mac OS 10.12.1. The fix for me was to install the "EmuVariableUefi-64" driver from Clover Configurator's "Install Drivers" left-hand column. Then the card got full acceleration (51.3 frames/second on "Heaven" benchmark). You can also install it during an installation of Clover, but it was easier for me just to open Clover Configurator and add that driver into the EFI (targeted in the upper right corner of CC's window). Not that I understand what "no native support of NVRAM" even means!

I'm having trouble loading the drivers, even after trying to follow the 6th solution.

I changed the <key>NvidiaWeb</key> to<true/>

My system reboots when booting if "use nvidia web drivers" in clover. If it's unchecked, it boots, but without graphics support.

I used
https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/367/WebDriver-367.15.10.15f03.pkg

macOS 10.12.1 (16B2659)
GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
Gigabyte 960

Is my build and web driver not compatible with each other?

I'm having trouble loading the drivers, even after trying to follow the 6th solution.

I changed the <key>NvidiaWeb</key> to<true/>

My system reboots when booting if "use nvidia web drivers" in clover. If it's unchecked, it boots, but without graphics support.

I used
https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/367/WebDriver-367.15.10.15f03.pkg

macOS 10.12.1 (16B2659)
GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
Gigabyte 960

Is my build and web driver not compatible with each other?

That driver is for build 16B2657. I don't believe there is a driver for that build number so you will need to do some kext mods to get it to load.

As mentioned in posts #1423 and 1429, and covered very well in post #1, Problem 6:

My GA-H170N-WIFI would not allow my nVidia GTX 750 Ti graphics card to run on the nVidia Web Driver 367.15.10.15f03 under Mac OS 10.12.1. The fix for me was to install the "EmuVariableUefi-64" driver from Clover Configurator's "Install Drivers" left-hand column. Then the card got full acceleration (51.3 frames/second on "Heaven" benchmark). You can also install it during an installation of Clover, but it was easier for me just to open Clover Configurator and add that driver into the EFI (targeted in the upper right corner of CC's window). Not that I understand what "no native support of NVRAM" even means!

Thanks so much slim.jim & wstrohm for your feedback. I made a silly mistake from the start by not removing my USB Boot Flash Drive (reason why I kept on seeing at boot my config.plist not being updated). After reading this post, I removed the USB drive after I added the "EmuVariableUefi-64" driver as noted in post #1, the NVidia drivers were recognized by the OS! Yoohoo! Not sure if the installation guide should mention that to help others...

Thanks so much again, you guys rock! I'm very excited! Now I just have to find the solution for the audio driver on that GA-Z170X Gaming 7 board. Seems like a problem with Creative Sound card & Apple ALC patching.

I'd like to add another success for the EmuVariableUefi-64 driver fix. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare that was working great with the Nvidia drivers for a GTX 970 under 10.12.1 when I had the original F2 firmware. I upgraded the firmware (bios) on the motherboard to the latest F20 version (which enabled XMP memory overclocking for me) and to my surprise the Nvidia drivers stopped being selected (problem #6). I found this thread and added the EmuVariableUefi-64 fix and it solved the problem. I too don't fully understand the NVRAM issue, but apparently it can change with bios upgrade on the gigabyte motherboards. Thanks for the help!

Hi!

Ive installed the proper webdriver for my osx(10.11.5) and the matching cuda driver. Ive added the nvda_drv=1
I have the mac 17 config.
It works fine with the HD530 but when i use the 960 it seems like the monitor dont get any signal, all black. I use the dvi port btw.
Sugestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-12-10 10.34.37.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-10 10.34.37.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 132
Hi!

Ive installed the proper webdriver for my osx(10.11.5) and the matching cuda driver. Ive added the nvda_drv=1
I have the mac 17 config.
It works fine with the HD530 but when i use the 960 it seems like the monitor dont get any signal, all black. I use the dvi port btw.
Sugestions?

Did you do any of the steps in problem #4?

Did you do any of the steps in problem #4?
I nerver see the bootscreen, ive red that problem 4 uccurs right after boot screen. My monitor dont turn on at all.
Ive tried method :1...it didint work so i restored the config file. I went for method 2, AGDPFix. But i didnt use v1.3. This dint work either...

Back