Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Yep, definitely 1208. I've just rolled back to a Time Machine backup at 15G1004 and managed to install the drivers so will start from there and move forward again.

Are you enrolled in the beta program? I haven't seen any mention of a 1208 release.

Are you enrolled in the beta program? I haven't seen any mention of a 1208 release.
I am, yes, though had been pretty sure I'd switched back to the public releases (no mention of beta anywhere anymore). It seems likely nonetheless.

Thanks for the help, I got it up and running and will just have to be careful updating OS X now.

Solving NVIDIA driver install problems

You need to dig deeper to find the right info.plist. Once you have shown the package contents of /System/Library/Extentions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext you then need to keep going to /Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/info.plist.

My system does not have AppleGraphicsControl.kext, it's not on the folder /System/Library/Extentions

Hi All! (Slim.Jim)

I cannot understand what I am doing wrong

My system – OSX Sierra

MSI Z170A Gaming M7

64 GIG - Corsair

Intel i7/6700K

EVGA GeForce GTX 950

I am trying to fix my Video card, I download Nvidia Web driver installed OK and after rebooting its back to the OS default Driver. I add the NvidiaWeb to my config.plist…still no good. I tried to InjectNVidia also. The odd thing is that sometime it boot and sometime it don’t (without changing any setting)

My Model Identifier : iMac15,1

What am I doing wrong? any ideas?

Have you got the gtx 950 to work? i have the same issue

I have a gigabyte 100 series motherboard with a gigabyte gtx 950. I have downloaded the clover installer to try to get my machine to boot with web drivers which keep resetting back to default. I have tried to emu install as well as the RC scripts and it still reverts to the OS X Default Driver.

Did you get the gtx 950 to work? i have the same issue

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Guys to everybody having trouble loading the Nvidia Card. This was my solution. So apparently macOS Sierra if you using the newest version has a issue with VGA and DVI-I. SO I used a DVI-D to HDMI and a DVI-D to DVI-D for my second monitor and presto. Both monitors work even after reboot. Full Graphics Acceleration, Audio, USB 2.0 and 3.0, WIFI, Ethernet, Etc. I have everything working.

Need help let me know. My specs are on my profile.

OK Guys to everybody having trouble loading the Nvidia Card. This was my solution. So apparently macOS Sierra if you using the newest version has a issue with VGA and DVI-I. SO I used a DVI-D to HDMI and a DVI-D to DVI-D for my second monitor and presto. Both monitors work even after reboot. Full Graphics Acceleration, Audio, USB 2.0 and 3.0, WIFI, Ethernet, Etc. I have everything working.

Need help let me know. My specs are on my profile.

Robert Gee:
How do you get it fixed?
My spec: I5 3570K MSI z77a-g43, MSI GTX 970 4g(same as yours)
My problem is: Boot loop after Nvidia Driver on Mac OS Sierra
Sometimes boot, sometimes doesn't boot on El Capitan
Any ideas?

Update system defs to 17,1 when wanted to enable power management with my i7-6700k and ended up with display going to sleep after apple boot logo. There are couple solutions for #4 problem(looks like it's mine) but how can i apply them if i can't get to OS?

UPD: ok, just set system defs string back to 14,2 by hand in clover bootloader, loaded to the system, applied patch and set defs to 17,1 again

Last edited:
Update system defs to 17,1 when wanted to enable power management with my i7-6700k and ended up with display going to sleep after apple boot logo. There are couple solutions for #4 problem(looks like it's mine) but how can i apply them if i can't get to OS?

UPD: ok, just set system defs string back to 14,2 by hand in clover bootloader, loaded to the system, applied patch and set defs to 17,1 again

Boot temporarily with nv_disable=1

Back