Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

The problem is VGA GTX 970.
If I now restarts it will not restarts.
After Clover screen, it starts to load, and about half of the "white line" with apple logo, it goes black and restarts. Then after Clover boot loader it gives me kernel panic (white circle crossed).
With latest beta Web driver is the same. Trying to fix this for days and can't find what causing the problem.

What version of OS X are you running?

Os x 10.11.4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 20.47.10.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 20.47.10.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 121
Yes, I have VGA CRT 22" monitor conected on GTX970 DVI port with DVI to VGA adapter.
This Gainward VGA have besides one DVI, have 2 Mini Display ports.
Can this VGA adapter causing this problem?

Yes, I have VGA CRT 22" monitor conected on GTX970 DVI port with DVI to VGA adapter.
This Gainward VGA have besides one DVI, have 2 Mini Display ports.
Can this VGA adapter causing this problem?

OS X has very poor to no VGA support. The use of VGA adapters can often cause issues. I have to ask, why are you running a 22" CRT with a GTX 970 anyways?

This is my friends Hack I'm try to install (with GTX 970)
(he has 34" LG LCD monitor)
I'm using 22" CRT for professional photography work. (very good colours, and still can be calibrated).
Have 3 on my desk (2 connected, one on VGA, other to DVI (with adapter) and for my build (in my sig) with latest Yosemite is ok for me.
I did try to install OS X 10.11 on my old X58A UD3R 2.0, but no Sound solution at that time.
And yes, this GTX 970 has also HDMI port.
I try to connect with 2 adapters, but no luck, no signal at all.
What do you suggest I can try?

Now I connect 22" LCD directly to DVI port on 970 GTX and it is similar like with VGA adapter on CRT.
Similar: OS don't load if it's turned from power off. It goes to apple logo and in the middle restarts.
If I restart, it is kernel panic right after Clover boot loader.
I can try tomorrow with HDMI port.
And I can post BIOS pictures.

Boot in verbose, and stops at the error shown in picture.
Is there a fix for this?

Attachments

• IMAG0223.jpg
    IMAG0223.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 127
Hello,

I just built my system with an EVGA GTX 980
I am using the iMac 17,1 machine profile as I am running a Skylake system (MB: Z170X-UD5 TH).

I could install the NVidia drivers but the drivers always reverts back to the "OS X Default Graphics Driver" when I chose to reboot with them.
The Graphics are identified in "About this Mac" as "Monitor 8 Mo"

When booting with nvda_drv=1, I have the screen going to sleep at the end of the boot.
However, I already have the workaround to change the Board-ID enabled and it didn't change anything.

Capture d’e?cran 2016-04-23 a? 04.15.05.png
Capture d’e?cran 2016-04-23 a? 04.14.06.png

Here's my config.plist from Clover.
View attachment config.plist

Any ideas how I can get this thing working?

Hello,

I just built my system with an EVGA GTX 980
I am using the iMac 17,1 machine profile as I am running a Skylake system (MB: Z170X-UD5 TH).

I could install the NVidia drivers but the drivers always reverts back to the "OS X Default Graphics Driver" when I chose to reboot with them.
The Graphics are identified in "About this Mac" as "Monitor 8 Mo"

When booting with nvda_drv=1, I have the screen going to sleep at the end of the boot.
However, I already have the workaround to change the Board-ID enabled and it didn't change anything.

View attachment 186228
View attachment 186229

Here's my config.plist from Clover.
View attachment 186230

Any ideas how I can get this thing working?

You need to add nvda_drv=1 after dart=0 in your config. Then make sure you applied the kext patch for using the iMac17,1 correctly.

Back