Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

i reinstalled the OSX and it solved the permissions problems that i was having . and i installed the web driver . i got a problem that only the DVI connected monitors are working , the 3rd monitor connected via HDMI not working , and not in DP port . how i fix it ?

Hope u can shed some light on my issue plz, i just finished installing my system OS X is working. I installed the nvidia drivers all versions and none seem to work, it keeps booting up using the OS X Default Graphics Driver. when going into About this mac and system report it does not find my Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce but does on my WIN10 SSD no issues. I noticed when booting in space bar there is no nvda_drv=1 and when i type it under boot args nothing still happens. please help and be very detailed as this is my 1st Hackintosh.

Hope u can shed some light on my issue plz, i just finished installing my system OS X is working. I installed the nvidia drivers all versions and none seem to work, it keeps booting up using the OS X Default Graphics Driver. when going into About this mac and system report it does not find my Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce but does on my WIN10 SSD no issues. I noticed when booting in space bar there is no nvda_drv=1 and when i type it under boot args nothing still happens. please help and be very detailed as this is my 1st Hackintosh.

What version of OS X are you running? If you aren't running 10.11.4 then I would highly recommend it since you have a Skylake system. That being said there is only two options for drivers, the beta or final releases. Make sure you have the correct driver installed and have added nvda_drv=1 to your config.plist. Once booted with all that in place type this in terminal: sudo kextstat | grep nv. Look at the output and if the kext end in "Web" then you are running the web drivers regardless of what the Nvidia driver manager says.

i reinstalled the OSX and it solved the permissions problems that i was having . and i installed the web driver . i got a problem that only the DVI connected monitors are working , the 3rd monitor connected via HDMI not working , and not in DP port . how i fix it ?

Make sure you are not injecting Nvidia.

What version of OS X are you running? If you aren't running 10.11.4 then I would highly recommend it since you have a Skylake system. That being said there is only two options for drivers, the beta or final releases. Make sure you have the correct driver installed and have added nvda_drv=1 to your config.plist. Once booted with all that in place type this in terminal: sudo kextstat | grep nv. Look at the output and if the kext end in "Web" then you are running the web drivers regardless of what the Nvidia driver manager says.

Im running 10.11.4 With Nvidia Drivers : 346.03.06f01

I don't think I'm entering nvda_drv=1 in config.plist in the right place. upon boot up i go into clover boot options and click into boot args: after dart=0 and enter it there. (obviously does not work)

As for the : sudo kextstat|grep nv. it does not give me output it says sudo command could lead to data loss. then ask me for my admin PW and this message comes up

97 0 0xfffff7b21a7000 0x2000 com.nvidia.CUDA (1.1.0) 5AFE 550d-6351-3897-912D-897c13ff6983 <4 1>

Im running 10.11.4 With Nvidia Drivers : 346.03.06f01

I don't think I'm entering nvda_drv=1 in config.plist in the right place. upon boot up i go into clover boot options and click into boot args: after dart=0 and enter it there. (obviously does not work)

As for the : sudo kextstat|grep nv. it does not give me output it says sudo command could lead to data loss. then ask me for my admin PW and this message comes up

97 0 0xfffff7b21a7000 0x2000 com.nvidia.CUDA (1.1.0) 5AFE 550d-6351-3897-912D-897c13ff6983 <4 1>

Figured it out this whole time I was doing config.plist wrong I download clover config and did it the right way now nvda_drv=1 stays during boot. Thanks for all your support and help I will make a success build story and video with my hardware for others

I'm really despaired to fix GTX 970 boot/restarts/ not recognised problems, so you can have some idea what is wrong with my installation.
Installed latest OS X with Unibeast/Clover, then Installed latest Nvidia Web Driver but still have problems. Tried various combinations of Clover Configurator boor flags ect.
System is:
GXZ97X UD5 TH
32GB DDR
Gainward Gtx 970

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 208
  • bootlog.log.txt
    26.7 KB · Views: 99
The problem is VGA GTX 970.
If I now restarts it will not restarts.
After Clover screen, it starts to load, and about half of the "white line" with apple logo, it goes black and restarts. Then after Clover boot loader it gives me kernel panic (white circle crossed).
With latest beta Web driver is the same. Trying to fix this for days and can't find what causing the problem.

Back