Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I have no idea. I can't find any post whenbthey show hiw to do it. I saved it but dont know where to. Probably part of the problem.

I have no idea. I can't find any post whenbthey show hiw to do it. I saved it but dont know where to. Probably part of the problem.

Use Clover Configurator to edit the config.plist located in EFI/CLOVER/. If you are booting in UEFI only mode, as you should be and installed Clover to the EFI partition then you will need the mount the EFI partition using Clover Configurator before you can find and edit the file. If you have multiple GPT formatted HDDs then you will have multiple EFI partitions so make sure you choose the right one. Make changes in Clover Configurator and then press command+s to save it.

My system is MSI GP62 6QE Leopard Pro working with el capitan 10.11.3.
it have Intel HD 530 and Geforce GTX950M
After installing nvidia web drivers and selecting proper options in clover my nvidia card getting detected:thumbup: as nvidia chip model and showing 256mb of vram , but system always select intel gpu with 7mb vram,:|
even nvidia have 2gb of vram still only 256mb is available ,what are the the steps where i can activate my nvidia chip fully! :banghead:
any help appreciated ,
Thank you!

I found the configplist, I edited, and tried to save it, and got this message: The document “config.plist” is on a volume that does not support permanent version storage.

I have only 1hdd right now.

Well well well :)
You did it! I edited, saved it, change it to 14.2 , and turned it back to Nvidia Web driver , and did boot
screen no flashing , at shows 2047 mb for gtx 750 ti! Should i leave like this, or it makes it any different
if i change it 15.? Now I know how to edit it ;) Only problems left:
3.0 USB doesn't work with my external hdd.
And I would like to buy a wifi/ bluetooth card , what do you prefer?
I just realized I have no audio :)
Thank you ! I feel good :)

20160226_002856.jpg

I read a bit more and fixed the audio ;)

"16. (Optional) Download CloverALC110 script
17. (Optional) Browser/Click on download file
18. (Optional) Finder/Double click .command file
19. (Optional) Go through steps in Terminal to install appropriate audio choices"

So the missing stuff are : usb 3.0 and ordering bluetooth / wifi card.

I already gave you the link to fix your USB 3.0.

Leave it as iMac14,2. It will be perfectly fine and easier for you to deal with.

I try to understand what to do with usb 3.0 , but honestly that link you gave me not for beginniers .
I need to find a usb 3.0 for dummies, something like step by step or video, because i have no idea what is he talking about :)
It was "easier" to follow all other instructions about clover, or installations, because they show what to do.

I still need to understand if i want to run win 10 also from a 2nd ssd , every time when i boot different os, need to change bios? But now first at first try to looking for some "useable " 3.0 :)

Do i need to buy for bluetooth something like this, or just usb bluetooth will work? I have a usb keyboard i need to make it work.

links:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQAXDW8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

and

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L35XSMS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If you don't need continuity and handoff and your PC-Mac is on your desk near where you work,
then the following would be the lowest cost easiest to implement solution:

http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE-Bluetooth-Dongle-V4-0-Dual/dp/B007MKMJGO
http://www.amazon.com/DW1515-ATHEROS-AR5BHB92-300Mbps-Wireless/dp/B017M1AUDQ

I've used both of these in a build and they worked with a Z77N-Wifi board.

The range of the BT dongle is not great so take that into acct. You can use a M/F USB
extender cable to solve that. http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Extension-Cable--Male--Female/dp/B00NH11R3I

I try to understand what to do with usb 3.0 , but honestly that link you gave me not for beginniers .
I need to find a usb 3.0 for dummies, something like step by step or video, because i have no idea what is he talking about :)
It was "easier" to follow all other instructions about clover, or installations, because they show what to do.

I still need to understand if i want to run win 10 also from a 2nd ssd , every time when i boot different os, need to change bios? But now first at first try to looking for some "useable " 3.0 :)

Unfortunately there is no easy solution for USB 3.0 yet. It is a process that requires mapping all of your USB ports using IORegExplorer and then eliminating the ones you don't use, using a boot argument. Everything is explained in that post but you need to slow down and take the time to read it. If you plan on using a hackintosh as your main machine you are best to learn everything you can because there will always be things that need to be fixed.

As far as dual booting with Windows 10 you do not need to change your bios every time. I run OS X off a SSD which also has Clover on it and I have Windows 10 installed on a SSHD. I only use UEFI bios.

I've build a system with Gigabyte H110M-S2H microATX mainboarg and a i3 6100 CPU and 8GB RAM with El Capitain 10.11.3

System runs fine with integrated HD 530 graphics but with artifacts becaus there are no Apple drivers for this. "About this Mac" shows the graphics uses 7MB VRAM.
Because this I bought a MSI nVidia GT 710 graphics card (need not much speed) with Kepler GPU.

First the system crashed during booting (despite BIOS changed to PCIe and integrated grahics was turned off) resulting in boot-crash-loops.
Then I changed Clover Boot -> nv_disable=1 to true. This time booting was possible but still no accelleration. nVidia web drivers are not active after reboot.
"About this Mac" shows "NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB" => the card is not recognized.

What I tried was: Setiing Clover -> Boot -> nvda_drv= to true and changing Mac type in SMBIOS to iMac 14.1 and 15.1 but nothing helped.

Suppose I have to tell the system what exact type the graphics card is.
But don't know how and if this direction is promising at all...

I've build a system with Gigabyte H110M-S2H microATX mainboarg and a i3 6100 CPU and 8GB RAM with El Capitain 10.11.3

System runs fine with integrated HD 530 graphics but with artifacts becaus there are no Apple drivers for this. "About this Mac" shows the graphics uses 7MB VRAM.
Because this I bought a MSI nVidia GT 710 graphics card (need not much speed) with Kepler GPU.

First the system crashed during booting (despite BIOS changed to PCIe and integrated grahics was turned off) resulting in boot-crash-loops.
Then I changed Clover Boot -> nv_disable=1 to true. This time booting was possible but still no accelleration. nVidia web drivers are not active after reboot.
"About this Mac" shows "NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB" => the card is not recognized.

What I tried was: Setiing Clover -> Boot -> nvda_drv= to true and changing Mac type in SMBIOS to iMac 14.1 and 15.1 but nothing helped.

Suppose I have to tell the system what exact type the graphics card is.
But don't know how and if this direction is promising at all...

Try nvda_drv=1

Back