Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Add nvda_drv=1 to your config. It likely isn't being stored in NVRAM properly.

thank you Jim. i do add the flag to my config. but when i reboot it somehow looses it or doesn't load as i get stuck on boot with the gray status line. i will try to do a screenshot

Hi!
I installed El Capitan using clover, everything went fine, I installed the nvidia driver (for GTX 970), rebooted (without nv_disable=1). nothing changed, i logged in and chose nvidia web driver,restarted, and again it was on os x default graphic driver!
What should i do??

Hi!
I installed El Capitan using clover, everything went fine, I installed the nvidia driver (for GTX 970), rebooted (without nv_disable=1). nothing changed, i logged in and chose nvidia web driver,restarted, and again it was on os x default graphic driver!
What should i do??

be sure there is nvda_drv=1 argument in clover config.plist

hello slim jim :) excuse me for the english i'm italian :D:) i'm not an expert of hackintosh but with my configuration

ga-z97-d3h
i5 4690k
integrated video
16 gb ram
tp link

i managed to install el capitan 10.11.1 perfectly but now i want to add a nvidia geforce gt740 sc
i insert the card i have install the package but i have no video out of the card,
if i go on the bios and i select
periphelicas \ PCle 1 Slot i have no video even from integrated and i must remove and reboot

can you help me please? :):) grazie :beachball:

Schermata 2016-01-16 alle 17.41.22.pngSchermata 2016-01-16 alle 17.37.36.png

Hi guys. I have 17.1(skylake) el capitan 10.11.2 with nvidia gtx 980. yesterday something went wrong (update?) and step 4 not working yet for me. By normal boot with nvda_drv=1 monitor goes to sleep with AppleGraphicsControl patch. For now I boot with nv_disable=1 flag. I checked all flags and also reinstall web driver.. Any ideas?

P.S. Also I changed SMBIOS to 14.2 - it didn't help.

Hi guys. I have 17.1(skylake) el capitan 10.11.2 with nvidia gtx 980. yesterday something went wrong (update?) and step 4 not working yet for me. By normal boot with nvda_drv=1 monitor goes to sleep with AppleGraphicsControl patch. For now I boot with nv_disable=1 flag. I checked all flags and also reinstall web driver.. Any ideas?

P.S. Also I changed SMBIOS to 14.2 - it didn't help.

Make sure the kext is loading after you modified it.

For my problem? No idea? I need kext?

Make sure the kext is loading after you modified it.

For now after changes I got linking error. Also I tried to use Pike`s patch for clover - nothing.
My Board Id is DB15BD556843C820.

I returned original kext and changed again set DB15BD556843C820 -> none and do kext-cache rebuild. Linking error gone. But still got black screen.

Last edited:
For my problem? No idea? I need kext?

No for your problem you might not even need the web drivers. A GT 740 is natively supported besides some DDR5 versions.

For now after changes I got linking error. Also I tried to use Pike`s patch for clover - nothing.
My Board Id is Mac-DB15BD556843C820.

I returned original kext and changed again set DB15BD556843C820 -> none and do kext-cache rebuild. Linking error gone. But still got black screen.

Guys, please help. All my tries doesn't have any effect....

Back