Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Is ddr3 2gb I have Not yet solved.. the card is compatibile with the mobo? I don't know Why no out signal its broke the mobo? It will be some preference?

Hi everyone!
I have a verry small problem with my new hackintosh… It has a GTX 970 on 10.11.2, everything worked surprisingly fine during the install, except for a little detail that’s bothering me a lot: the login screen is all glitchy and unreadable. It works when I enter my password, I get to the desktop and then nvidia driver enables and everything is fine. But before that it’s just garble everywhere.

Is it a common glitch? Does anyone know a fix? ^^
Thank you!

Hi everyone!
I have a verry small problem with my new hackintosh… It has a GTX 970 on 10.11.2, everything worked surprisingly fine during the install, except for a little detail that’s bothering me a lot: the login screen is all glitchy and unreadable. It works when I enter my password, I get to the desktop and then nvidia driver enables and everything is fine. But before that it’s just garble everywhere.

Is it a common glitch? Does anyone know a fix? ^^
Thank you!

I haven't seen this issue before besides with Intel IGP.

me too but I thought it was for the video card ... still no go :crazy: i don't think is mobo break probably i have a wrong kext or something o_O

I haven't seen this issue before besides with Intel IGP.

Well it’s possible that the Intel IGP is causing it. Nvidia drivers may not be loaded or enabled before I enter the session. I don’t know… :/

Well it’s possible that the Intel IGP is causing it. Nvidia drivers may not be loaded or enabled before I enter the session. I don’t know… :/

I am running a GTX 970 and I have never had that with IGP enabled or disabled. If your monitor is plugged into the GPU then the IGP shouldn't be affecting what is being displayed.

Two months without my Hackintosh, finally giving it another shot. This thread seems to be getting me in the appropriate direction.

Updated to 10.10.5 (App Store) and everything stopped working
Got the appropriate NVDIA web driver installed
Booting with nvda_drv=1 and it's showing the driver is active
Screen will boot to this horrendous interlacing and tripled screen (photo)
Fixed that temporarily by forcing it to 1600x1200 in switchResX so I can actually work in OS X
How do I get this restored to 2560x1440?
My GTX980 is unresponsive via DVI/DP when I try to boot to it. No picture. Only getting something via HD4000.

Mac Pro 3,1

IMG_2038.jpg

Two months without my Hackintosh, finally giving it another shot. This thread seems to be getting me in the appropriate direction.

Updated to 10.10.5 (App Store) and everything stopped working
Got the appropriate NVDIA web driver installed
Booting with nvda_drv=1 and it's showing the driver is active
Screen will boot to this horrendous interlacing and tripled screen (photo)
Fixed that temporarily by forcing it to 1600x1200 in switchResX so I can actually work in OS X
How do I get this restored to 2560x1440?
My GTX980 is unresponsive via DVI/DP when I try to boot to it. No picture. Only getting something via HD4000.

Mac Pro 3,1

View attachment 172844

what connection are you using if DVI/DP don't work?

Sorry, DVI/DP work on the HD4000 internal graphics. I get this crazy distortion I have to override with switchResX to see anything.

When I plug into the 980 the monitors receive no signal.

Ironically, I'm finishing up a commercial for Slim Jim which is why I needed the extra horsepower. Thank you immensely!

Back